The Economic COLLAPSE Will Be Like A Slow Motion Falling House of Cards.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
The Economic COLLAPSE Will Be Like A Slow Motion Falling House of Cards.

The Commerce Department recently confirmed what I have been telling you for years. The economy is in a continually deteriorating state. Everybody can now see that there is no growth momentum. Be prepared for a protracted Bear Market.

Last Friday the Commerce Department reported that our GDP grew at an Dismal Annual rate of 2.4 percent in the second quarter. Remember that is a projected Annual Rate. That has fallen from 3.7 percent in the first quarter and 5 percent in the fourth quarter of 2009. Remember this is AFTER Obama injected a trillion dollars into the economy. It is obviously having a little effect for the good, but the reality is that we are collapsing inspite of all that government spending.

Why?

Take a look at state and local government spending. As these stressed-out governments try to deal with their own river of red ink, spending is decreasing at a rapid clip. The Federal Government increase in spending is being offset by State and local Gvernment decreases in spending because of decreasing tax revenue.

We are now seeing inventory buildup. Manufacturing looked good while we were restocking shelves and warehouses, but now the products are piling up. So unless consumers go on a wild spending spree, businesses won't be restocking their shelves in the foreseeable future.

Foreclosures are still continuing and in some parts of the country are increasing. Now it isn't the bamboozled minorities who can't pay their mortgates, it is the people who are out of work who can not pay. They have used up their savings and simply can not make another payment.

How can this be? We should be adding 200,000 a month to the Labor Force if our economy was solvent. Unfortunately, it isn't, and we have been dropping Millions of people off of the Labor Force. These millions are now in various stages of default on their mortgages. And now Geitner has been saying that Unemployment may even go up in the near future. Well, at least he is trying to be honest.

Can you see those slow motion cards falling one by one by one

Now for an ugly reality. GDP figures for the past three years were revised — downward in seven of the 12 quarters — because consumer spending grew slower and home building fell harder than had been estimated. This means, without doubt, that the recession is far worse than government officials are telling us. Those cards keep on falling.

I believe Neubarth is "spot on" with his Post.

Most of the Sheeple cannot see the forest for the trees meaning to most people this Economic collapse, thus by default the collapse of the Empire, is happening in super slo-mo.

It does not require a degree in economics to connect the dots.

Do not for one second believe that the Polytickers in the District of Corruption don't fully understand that they are in over their collective heads and that their only desire is to kick the can ever further down the road so that the Final Collapse does not occur while they are in Office.

I often write and will again, "The Amerikan Empire will collapse in 36-60 months and "Balkanization" will begin in earnest.

There is no other viable alternative.

lol thanks chicken little kluckers

Besides the tried and true Leftist one liners, do you have any contrarian views you wish to expound upon?
I agree with Neubarth and not you on this one Pepe. I expect a slew of half-assed semi-fixes. Entitlements will be reformed in a lame duck session of congress this year. The reforms will not go far enough but they will kick the can down the road. Many garrisons will be brought home over the next two years. These semi-fixed problems will put collapse in super slo mo so closer to 10-15 years until collapse.

Yes look at the top 10 companies in the S&P 500 and tell me which ones suck.
Tell me the American people stopped being greedy, and that we are not the best money makers in the world. I need a good laugh today.

Thanks Neubarth for the injection of reality. The US has been living under the spell of irrational exhuberance for too many years. We are not as smart as we believe we are, economically speaking, and we can't continue to pretend that money just appears out of nowhere and that we can live on infinite debt.

I agree with Neubarth and not you on this one Pepe. I expect a slew of half-assed semi-fixes. Entitlements will be reformed in a lame duck session of congress this year. The reforms will not go far enough but they will kick the can down the road. Many garrisons will be brought home over the next two years. These semi-fixed problems will put collapse in super slo mo so closer to 10-15 years until collapse.

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

I don't believe there will be any "Lame Duck" Session in 2010.

If there is, I believe it will be a waste of taxpayers funds, to wit; the hapless Pubs will likely take the House or close enough so that in January 2011 with the "Blue Dogs" anything Obama proposes will be DOA but.......the Senate will likely see 6-8 Pub Seat gain and enough Pubbie power to bring Snowe and Collins back into the fold with threat of expulsion from the Party with the cutoff of funding for reelection.

What we Taxpayers are going to get is gridlock while the Economy continues to tank.

I do expect, as with Bubba, to see massive cuts in DoD with "lip service" for cutting the Budget while in reality all the funding will go to "pork" and more welfare to keep the slaves down in the Dem ghettos happy.

BAU.

Credit continues to contract.

Foreclosures are soaring.

Bankruptcies will hit 1.6 Million+.

Credit Standards continue to return to normal and if the suggested "Mortgage Cram Down" is added to Bankruptcy Law, Mortgages will be harder than ever for the Peasants to qualify for and will hurt in the short term but help immensley over the long haul.

What manufacturing remains onshore will continue to modernize and automate so that fewer workers are required for more output.

The Financial Overhaul Bill did nothing about Freddie and Fannie still leaving Joe and Mary on the hook for another Trillion.

Sallie will shove another half trillion up the taxpayers anal orifices.

The Nation is continuing to "borrow" 4 Billion plus every 24 hours. It is now taking only 27 days to add another 100 Billion to the Imperial tab.

Obama wants to stiff the taxpayers with another 165 Billion of Union Pension Obligations through PB&GC.

FDIC has and is operating in the "Red" and has requested and received a half trillion LOC with the Treasury.

One million Public Sector Workers will get their "Pink Slips" over the next year.

CA, IL, and NY are all living on "borrowed time." WA, OR and RI are close behind.

LA is broke and so is Harrisburg, PA.

Did I forget AIG, GM, Chrysler?

Also seem to have forgotten FHA, Food Stamps, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

The Fat Lady may not be singing yet but I'm sure I can hear her beginning to clear her throat.

I often write and will again, "The Amerikan Empire will collapse in 36-60 months and "Balkanization" will begin in earnest.

I'll bet you've been writing that for a long time.

Do you have anything of substance or personal opinion about this matter you would like to elucidate or are you stuck with the same one liners most Leftists prefer due to their genetics being from the very shallow end of the gene pool?

Do you have anything of substance or personal opinion about this matter you would like to elucidate or are you stuck with the same one liners most Leftists prefer due to their genetics being from the very shallow end of the gene pool?

Yes. I will bet you $100,000 that "The Amerikan Empire" - whatever the hell that means - will not collapse in five years.

Yes. I will bet you $100,000 that "The Amerikan Empire" - whatever the hell that means - will not collapse in five years.

Hey n00b

Let me give you some advice. See that number in the top right corner of this box that says Rep Power. Well, when you negged me for this post, my "score" goes down by one half of that. So when you hit me with a mighty -1 with your neg rep, it made me laugh.

Second, if you really believe what you are saying, put your money where your mouth is. Since Gunny actively discourages us from wagering on this board, and I imagine you're too chickenshit to do it anyways, I'll give you an idea on how to profit massively from your belief. If you are right, Japan will fall before America. You can buy TIBOR euroyen futures options on the Singapore exchange with a strike of 98.5 that expires in March 2012 for 1/1000 of a yen. If you are right, buying that option will make you enormously wealthy. So you can write all you want the coming collapse of the "Amerikan Empire" but really, who gives a shit? Put your money where your mouth is. And you don't have to spend much on a trade that may yield as much as 15,000% or more. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Hey, at least his one liners aren't ripped off from Disney movies...geez!

Well the facts are foreign financed debts are hard to shake without balkanization as the FSU, former Yugoslavia and former Czechoslovakia illustrate. Eurasia and the Americas have certain common problems:

Less than ZPG or growing old without growing rich as the Chinese put it. The US is one of the exceptions to this rule. Much of Eurasia's educated youth would like to flee this situation and a critical chunk of them do by going to Canada, Australia and New Zealand. But given the dependence of CANZ on raw material exports to China, Korea and Japan a Far East slowdown will be destabilizing for all three of those countries. This will transmit problems to the US because of our ties to all three countries.

Ethnic divisions due to the borders of countries bearing no resemblance to language and racial divisions. The US is doing relatively well on this one, much better than the UK and somewhat better than Canada. However some level of nationalist divisions is true in most of Eurasia already and to a lesser extent here in the Americas. That too will feed back into the US.

But the biggie is the debt level and foreign ownership of much of that debt. Given a ringside seat to see the relative performance of different solutions to the worldwide nationalist/demographic debt crisis, the US will choose relatively peaceful Balkanization as the best means out of trouble. Balkanization will permit each state or group of states to use any semi-reasonable formula to calculate their share of the national debt or about a 90% haircut for the creditors.

The US may or may not reunify but NAFTA membership will be retained by essentially all successor states.

A decline in the US economy is inevitable considering globalization and free trade.
The poorer nations levels will rise and ours will decline.
And no it is not a zero sum game, but not all that far from one either.

New Topics

Forum List

Back