~The DVD Shop~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
After reading the thread, about how much Tv we watch, and listening to everyone compare their fave movies and how many DVDs they do own, I'm curious now.
How many DVDs do YOU own??
You don't have to run over and count them, unlesss you have them categorized and then, well, you are pretty damn organized I'll give you that. Better than me :lol:
But be truthful, do you own about 20....or a whopping 500??
I do try to keep mine categorized by actors..such as all my John Travolta's are together, etc. and I do keep a list because I do loan some out, and since the things aren't real cheap, well, when they first come out they aren't- I like to keep up with what I do have.
I have went out and bought a DVD that I came home to find I already have!
Anyway, my collection isn't that huge yet, it's growing, but I have about 250 DVDs, not counting the ones that are a complete series of shows, such as I have all the CSI: Miami's, which is like, 7 DVDs in one box.

images

I have about 60 in my collection. I quit buying them when I started streaming Netflix for $7.99 a month..:D Nice! 24/7 availability. Very nice. Suits my lifestyle...lol.

Many many more than I ever thought we would. I remember (just a few years back too) when movie rental stores were still around and they would have used dvds for sale and I thought 'except for kids stuff or classic movies, why would anyone buy a movie'? Yeeesh. Oldest turned out to be a tv/film major and through her we got into the habit of buying movies. Granted, we get them dirt cheap most always, but still. And the special needs boy . . . he caught "Jaws" on tv when he was about 10 and ever since he's been hooked on movies. He likes the action type movies.

Between us and the kids we have several hundred. Quite a few 'recorded from tv' as well (too much crap in the dvds for the boy to watch so I record the edited-down version off of tv.)

I bought a bunch of movies we'd never seen for $3 or $4 when Blockbuster went out of business. Bought the college kid the first 3 seasons of Mad Men for $11 each for Christmas. Best deal I got was the full season of Alias that came with a Rambaldi manual, extras on all dvds in addition to an entire dvd devoted to extras all in a cool Rambaldi box for under $100 from Amazon. I picked up the first 5 seasons of Rescue Me dirt cheap when Blockbuster went out of business. Ooo and the 3rd and 4th seasons of Dexter too. Good deals.

Last edited:
After reading the thread, about how much Tv we watch, and listening to everyone compare their fave movies and how many DVDs they do own, I'm curious now.
How many DVDs do YOU own??
You don't have to run over and count them, unlesss you have them categorized and then, well, you are pretty damn organized I'll give you that. Better than me :lol:
But be truthful, do you own about 20....or a whopping 500??
I do try to keep mine categorized by actors..such as all my John Travolta's are together, etc. and I do keep a list because I do loan some out, and since the things aren't real cheap, well, when they first come out they aren't- I like to keep up with what I do have.
I have went out and bought a DVD that I came home to find I already have!
Anyway, my collection isn't that huge yet, it's growing, but I have about 250 DVDs, not counting the ones that are a complete series of shows, such as I have all the CSI: Miami's, which is like, 7 DVDs in one box.

Just a couple. 5 or 6. I have about 20 VHS, but i rarely use them anymore.

Roughly i own 50 DVDs and there is an external hard drive of 2T attached with my Pc which is almost half full.

Forum List

Back