The Dumbest Generation

Oh God, I hope Limp Bizkit isnt used as any type of measure to judge people my age.

Atleast I can say us young americans are not the ones who lived beyond their means, were unable to meet their financial obligations, made terribe investments, ran america into the ground, and created the economic cluster fuck we find ourselves in... atleast not yet anyways. Thats all on you old folks.

Oh God, I hope Limp Bizkit isnt used as any type of measure to judge people my age.

Atleast I can say us young americans are not the ones who lived beyond their means, were unable to meet their financial obligations, made terribe investments, ran america into the ground, and created the economic cluster fuck we find ourselves in... atleast not yet anyways. Thats all on you old folks.

Nope you never pestered your parents to buy toys you saw advertised on TV?
You did your part. which is normal for chillens.

And parents are always supposed to say "yes" to their kids? :confused: "Momma max out those credit cards, eat out every night, buy those new cars, a boat, get that mortgage on the $1000000 house you have no business buying..."

perhaps you prefer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qySE4KRIPnk]YouTube - Nas & Damian Marley feat Joss Stone & Lil Wayne - My Generation *OFFICIAL TRACK APRIL 2010*[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhzlbcR3nOc&feature=related]YouTube - Lil Wayne - My Generation //NEW.2010 + Download Link// - exEo[/ame]

?

And parents are always supposed to say "yes" to their kids? :confused: "Momma max out those credit cards, eat out every night, buy those new cars, a boat, get that mortgage on the $1000000 house you have no business buying..."

According to the TV we are supposed to always say yes to our kids.

We are subjected to the same programming that they are.

According to the TV we are supposed to always say yes to our kids.

We are subjected to the same programming that they are.

If thats the case, maybe the dumest generation is the generation of parents who are being manipulated by TV. I dont have kids I dont know.

The most dumb are the current generation of white haired right wingers.
The don't believe in science.
They believe everything from Fox news.
They depend on Social Security and Medicare yet want to vote for people who want to end Social Security and Medicare.

Dumb, dee dumb dumb.

Dumb.

Well, the expert in dumb has spoken, so guess we can all bow to his authority on this.

The technology that was supposed to make young adults more astute, diversify their tastes, and improve their minds had the opposite effect.

According to recent reports from government agencies, foundations, survey firms, and scholarly institutions, most young people in the United States neither read literature (or fully know how), work reliably (just ask employers), visit cultural institutions (of any sort), nor vote (most can’t even understand a simple ballot). They cannot explain basic scientific methods, recount foundations of American history, or name any of their local political representatives. What do they happen to excel at is – each other. They spend unbelievable amounts of time electronically passing stories, pictures, tunes, and texts back and forth, savoring the thrill of peer attention and dwelling in a world of puerile banter and coarse images.

Dumbest Generation Home

Comments?

Problem defined. What is the solution?

A while back I started a thread and asked: How would you change K-12 Schools in America?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some ideas but would like to hear what others think. Please, leave the partisan rhetoric out and offer the best ideas you have.

I will bump up that thread, the question posed on this thread deserves attention and some of the ideas on the older thread merit additional attention.

They depend on Social Security and Medicare yet want to vote for people who want to end Social Security and Medicare.

Dumb, dee dumb dumb.

Dumb.

Not half as dumb as you, for actually believing this shit.

Genuine question, rdrool.... why do you hate old people?

Dumb, dee dumb dumb.

Dumb.

Another personal attack CG, why? Do you wish to disrail this thread, or simply don't have any ideas on how to improve the education system for our kids.
As self professed professional writer one might expect more than you provide. Put some ideas out and see if you can do so without the usual partisan slant.

Dumb, dee dumb dumb.

Dumb.

Another personal attack CG, why? Do you wish to disrail this thread, or simply don't have any ideas on how to improve the education system for our kids.
As self professed professional writer one might expect more than you provide. Put some ideas out and see if you can do so without the usual partisan slant.

I tend not to waste time with partisan hacks like rdrool.... and yourself. All rdrool does is bitch and spread lies about republicans, conservatives, and older people. Why would I bother addressing such drivel with anything other than ridicule?

I tend not to waste time with partisan hacks like rdrool.... and yourself. All rdrool does is bitch and spread lies about republicans, conservatives, and older people. Why would I bother addressing such drivel with anything other than ridicule?

Thanks for sharing.

I think every generation in history has been viewed as the dumbest generation by the generation in power.

I remember the stories in the 60's about Baby Boomer Hippies being the end of civilization as we know it.

Somehow, those hippies are calling the shots now

The technology that was supposed to make young adults more astute, diversify their tastes, and improve their minds had the opposite effect.

According to recent reports from government agencies, foundations, survey firms, and scholarly institutions, most young people in the United States neither read literature (or fully know how), work reliably (just ask employers), visit cultural institutions (of any sort), nor vote (most can’t even understand a simple ballot). They cannot explain basic scientific methods, recount foundations of American history, or name any of their local political representatives. What do they happen to excel at is – each other. They spend unbelievable amounts of time electronically passing stories, pictures, tunes, and texts back and forth, savoring the thrill of peer attention and dwelling in a world of puerile banter and coarse images.

Dumbest Generation Home

Comments?

I agree. And it's truly frightening. These same kids also are not getting the same face-to-face, one-on-one human interaction that all social animal species need--especially intelligent species. They are becoming without conscience, which is extremely dangerous in an ever increasing competitive world. I'm frankly hoping that the entire Internet implodes one day and people will then be forced to face the real world in real time.

I think every generation in history has been viewed as the dumbest generation by the generation in power.

I remember the stories in the 60's about Baby Boomer Hippies being the end of civilization as we know it.

Somehow, those hippies are calling the shots now
Judging by the state of the union, they weren't that far off.

Old people always crack on the younger generation.

That's not true. I come from the post WWII generation, and my parents wanted me to be smarter than they were. In turn, I wanted my own kids to be smarter than me. But I also wanted them to retain the familial and cultural values that differentiate human beings from animals (and robots).

Forum List

Back