The Duggars' are now closer to God!

WHICH ACTIONS BROUGHT THE DUGGARS' CLOSER TO GOD?

• I don't understand the questions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Who knew this is what you need to do to become closer to Gawd?

See full article @ The Duggars dangerous cult of purity - The Washington Post

In “A Love That Multiplies,” Michelle Duggar recounts a story that her husband told his older children “to explain the importance of purity.”

“Imagine that your parents are going to surprise you and give you a brand-new bike for Christmas. Two weeks before Christmas, they buy your bike and hide it in the storage shed in the backyard. But then the boy next door sneaks into the shed and borrows your new bike; he stunt-rides it up and down the back alley.

“On Christmas morning your parents lead you out to the shed to reveal the special gift they bought for you, and as they open the door and say, ‘Surprise!’ they’re just as surprised as you are. You’re all shocked to see that the bike looks like it’s been thrown off a cliff. The front fender is missing, and the front tire is warped so it rubs on the frame. It’s dirty, the paint is all scratched and chipped, and the seat has a big rip in it. It looks worse than something you would have bought at a garage sale.

“I’m sure you would still be grateful for the bike, and you would have fun riding it, but it won’t be in the condition your parents had hoped and dreamed it would be when you received it. You would miss out on a lot of the enjoyment they meant for you to have.

“In that same way, we don’t want any boy (or girl) to come and steal your purity.”

What a wonderful message to the victims! You are now a broken down used bicycle.

So from what I can determine from your message --- you apparently find this message of shame to be far worse and damaging to a person than might the results of premarital sex, such as STDs, unwanted pregnancies, the propensity to escalated such sexual practices to more frequency and partners and experimentation, etc. And not to mention, the belief that many have that such acts are very sinful and cause other kinds of ramifications for the young person engaged in those acts.

But to point out to this teen that sex with whomever is a dangerous and wrongful act (by using the maligned bicycle imagery) --- that is why you are so indignant at these parents?

Personally, the unbelievable amount of filth found in many or most movies, be it the language or the acts, is far more horrifying to a young soul than any bicycle story. And this goes on every single day in our movies, TV, video games and music. Big deal, right?

First of all, sex is not a sin. It's a natural part of life. It's much more productive and healthy to education your children on safe responsible sex, than to shame and guilt them with spiritual extortion. There's nothing wrong with pushing abstinence at the same time, but reality shows us that around 80% of teens are going to have sexual encounters.

The Duggars purity values and unrealistic expectations are a part of Josh's problem with sexual deviancy, yet they refused to get him professional help.

How exactly, does that bring one closer to Gawd?

If you are implying that the way the Duggar parents handled the sexual molestation committed by their son then I agree with you.

If you are implying that a message of “extreme purity” is wrong then you may have some case here. However, if it was successful in the case of 18 of the 19 children then I might question if it was wrong because that would have been a high success rate.

But if you are going further to imply that sexual activity outside of marriage is not really sinful, or that we should accept “the inevitable” and just provide provisions for our children engaging in the fun, well, here you and I would depart company.

No one is encouraging children to have sex. You might re-read what I posted.

The question I would like answered is, what actions did the Duggars take to make them closer to Gawd? It is their claim that this scandal has made them closer to Gawd. I provided a list of their actions.

This is what you said back to me: >>First of all, sex is not a sin. It's a natural part of life. It's much more productive and healthy to education your children on safe responsible sex, than to shame and guilt them with spiritual extortion.<<

That is where you and I disagree. Plus, I would say if you are not encouraging your children to have sex you surely are not discouraging it either. And that, too, is wrong, IMO. There is a component of guilt and shame (and sin) associated with sex outside of marriage, and as a parent it is my responsibility to make that clear. Not only from a spiritual perspective which is paramount, but also from a general moral perspective and from a health perspective. Sex is the reason relationships fail, people fall into despair or disrepute, and why kingdoms fall. Let us not pretend “safe sex messages” is the antidote. It can be the cause if that is all we do or say. It clearly is not working either in our world.

The question I would like answered is, what actions did the Duggars take to make them closer to Gawd? It is their claim that this scandal has made them closer to Gawd. I provided a list of their actions.
Many scandals, tragedies, even evils can and often does draw one closer to God. That is a fact. However, in this case I would not make that claim. Because I do not know what they did or did not do, nor do I even know what they are referring to? Perhaps in this case you are right and they are wrong.

This is what you said back to me: >>First of all, sex is not a sin. It's a natural part of life. It's much more productive and healthy to education your children on safe responsible sex, than to shame and guilt them with spiritual extortion.<<

That is where you and I disagree. Plus, I would say if you are not encouraging your children to have sex you surely are not discouraging it either. And that, too, is wrong, IMO. There is a component of guilt and shame (and sin) associated with sex outside of marriage, and as a parent it is my responsibility to make that clear. Not only from a spiritual perspective which is paramount, but also from a general moral perspective and from a health perspective. Sex is the reason relationships fail, people fall into despair or disrepute, and why kingdoms fall. Let us not pretend “safe sex messages” is the antidote. It can be the cause if that is all we do or say. It clearly is not working either in our world.

Many scandals, tragedies, even evils can and often does draw one closer to God. That is a fact. However, in this case I would not make that claim. Because I do not know what they did or did not do, nor do I even know what they are referring to? Perhaps in this case you are right and they are wrong.

You're totally wack. I live in a very Christian conservative part of the country, and we have one of the highest rates of teen pregnancy. Using spiritual extortion and silly purity stories does NOTHING to solve the problem.

You can be realistic, teach sex education, without encouraging young adults and teens to have sex.

Actions speak louder than words.

Have you considered that "Many scandals, tragedies, even evils" might be the gawds way of saying "I don't like you"?

Who knew this is what you need to do to become closer to Gawd?

See full article @ The Duggars dangerous cult of purity - The Washington Post

In “A Love That Multiplies,” Michelle Duggar recounts a story that her husband told his older children “to explain the importance of purity.”

“Imagine that your parents are going to surprise you and give you a brand-new bike for Christmas. Two weeks before Christmas, they buy your bike and hide it in the storage shed in the backyard. But then the boy next door sneaks into the shed and borrows your new bike; he stunt-rides it up and down the back alley.

“On Christmas morning your parents lead you out to the shed to reveal the special gift they bought for you, and as they open the door and say, ‘Surprise!’ they’re just as surprised as you are. You’re all shocked to see that the bike looks like it’s been thrown off a cliff. The front fender is missing, and the front tire is warped so it rubs on the frame. It’s dirty, the paint is all scratched and chipped, and the seat has a big rip in it. It looks worse than something you would have bought at a garage sale.

“I’m sure you would still be grateful for the bike, and you would have fun riding it, but it won’t be in the condition your parents had hoped and dreamed it would be when you received it. You would miss out on a lot of the enjoyment they meant for you to have.

“In that same way, we don’t want any boy (or girl) to come and steal your purity.”

What a wonderful message to the victims! You are now a broken down used bicycle.

So from what I can determine from your message --- you apparently find this message of shame to be far worse and damaging to a person than might the results of premarital sex, such as STDs, unwanted pregnancies, the propensity to escalated such sexual practices to more frequency and partners and experimentation, etc. And not to mention, the belief that many have that such acts are very sinful and cause other kinds of ramifications for the young person engaged in those acts.

But to point out to this teen that sex with whomever is a dangerous and wrongful act (by using the maligned bicycle imagery) --- that is why you are so indignant at these parents?

Personally, the unbelievable amount of filth found in many or most movies, be it the language or the acts, is far more horrifying to a young soul than any bicycle story. And this goes on every single day in our movies, TV, video games and music. Big deal, right?

First of all, sex is not a sin. It's a natural part of life. It's much more productive and healthy to education your children on safe responsible sex, than to shame and guilt them with spiritual extortion. There's nothing wrong with pushing abstinence at the same time, but reality shows us that around 80% of teens are going to have sexual encounters.

The Duggars purity values and unrealistic expectations are a part of Josh's problem with sexual deviancy, yet they refused to get him professional help.

How exactly, does that bring one closer to Gawd?

If you are implying that the way the Duggar parents handled the sexual molestation committed by their son then I agree with you.

If you are implying that a message of “extreme purity” is wrong then you may have some case here. However, if it was successful in the case of 18 of the 19 children then I might question if it was wrong because that would have been a high success rate.

But if you are going further to imply that sexual activity outside of marriage is not really sinful, or that we should accept “the inevitable” and just provide provisions for our children engaging in the fun, well, here you and I would depart company.

You simply cannot claim this is a success story because only 1 (so far) is a sexual deviant. What about his victims, who are also his sisters? They are now suffering from this "extreme purity."

This is the root of this entire mess - keeping kids ignorant and believing they won't experiment.

Not teaching kids about sex - it should be a crime.

If you want to see the sickest, creepiest shit ever, watch the videos of the Duggar father teaching kissing.

They won't teach their kids normal sex but they'll do the nasty purity balls.

Arizona pastor’s wife condemns ‘liberal’ Duggars: Sexual deviants should be executed

Steven-and-Zsuzsanna-Anderson-Facebook-800x430.png

The wife of an Arizona pastor who predicted an “AIDS-free Christmas” if all gays were killed has condemned the Duggar family – as “worldly” liberals who promote a “false gospel.

Zsuzsanna Anderson said she had never met the stars of TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting,” but the mother of eight children has streamed every one of their regular episodes and specials because she likes “seeing and learning from the daily workings of a large family.”

The wife of Pastor Steven Anderson, who bars homosexuals and demands silence from women at his Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, said in a blog post she disapproved of the “deceptive” way the Duggars practiced their faith.

“I believe that all pedophiles are reprobates, that they are unregenerate and in fact can never change, and that they, like all sexual deviants, should be executed as the Bible demands, lest they spread their abusive ways and corrupt more innocent lives,” Anderson said.

“I do not believe that pedophiles or other deviants who claim to have found God are telling the truth,” she added. “I believe this is a lie they tell to gain access to easy targets, namely children in church, at camp, etc.”

Jim Bob Duggar, during a 2002 U.S. Senate campaign apparently inspired by his GOP primary opponent’s divorce, agreed that execution was an appropriate punishment for incest and rape.

Read the entire article @ Arizona pastor s wife condemns liberal Duggars Sexual deviants should be executed

Oh look, another crazy coming out of the woodwork!!!

Forum List

Back