The Duggars' are now closer to God!

WHICH ACTIONS BROUGHT THE DUGGARS' CLOSER TO GOD?

• I don't understand the questions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carla_Danger

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2013
A Red Welfare State
Who knew this is what you need to do to become closer to Gawd?

See full article @ The Duggars dangerous cult of purity - The Washington Post

In “A Love That Multiplies,” Michelle Duggar recounts a story that her husband told his older children “to explain the importance of purity.”

“Imagine that your parents are going to surprise you and give you a brand-new bike for Christmas. Two weeks before Christmas, they buy your bike and hide it in the storage shed in the backyard. But then the boy next door sneaks into the shed and borrows your new bike; he stunt-rides it up and down the back alley.

“On Christmas morning your parents lead you out to the shed to reveal the special gift they bought for you, and as they open the door and say, ‘Surprise!’ they’re just as surprised as you are. You’re all shocked to see that the bike looks like it’s been thrown off a cliff. The front fender is missing, and the front tire is warped so it rubs on the frame. It’s dirty, the paint is all scratched and chipped, and the seat has a big rip in it. It looks worse than something you would have bought at a garage sale.

“I’m sure you would still be grateful for the bike, and you would have fun riding it, but it won’t be in the condition your parents had hoped and dreamed it would be when you received it. You would miss out on a lot of the enjoyment they meant for you to have.

“In that same way, we don’t want any boy (or girl) to come and steal your purity.”

What a wonderful message to the victims! You are now a broken down used bicycle.

In “A Love That Multiplies,” Michelle Duggar recounts a story that her husband told his older children “to explain the importance of purity.”

“Imagine that your parents are going to surprise you and give you a brand-new bike for Christmas. Two weeks before Christmas, they buy your bike and hide it in the storage shed in the backyard. But then the boy next door sneaks into the shed and borrows your new bike; he stunt-rides it up and down the back alley.

“On Christmas morning your parents lead you out to the shed to reveal the special gift they bought for you, and as they open the door and say, ‘Surprise!’ they’re just as surprised as you are. You’re all shocked to see that the bike looks like it’s been thrown off a cliff. The front fender is missing, and the front tire is warped so it rubs on the frame. It’s dirty, the paint is all scratched and chipped, and the seat has a big rip in it. It looks worse than something you would have bought at a garage sale.

“I’m sure you would still be grateful for the bike, and you would have fun riding it, but it won’t be in the condition your parents had hoped and dreamed it would be when you received it. You would miss out on a lot of the enjoyment they meant for you to have.

“In that same way, we don’t want any boy (or girl) to come and steal your purity.”

What a wonderful message to the victims! You are now a broken down used bicycle.

So from what I can determine from your message --- you apparently find this message of shame to be far worse and damaging to a person than might the results of premarital sex, such as STDs, unwanted pregnancies, the propensity to escalated such sexual practices to more frequency and partners and experimentation, etc. And not to mention, the belief that many have that such acts are very sinful and cause other kinds of ramifications for the young person engaged in those acts.

But to point out to this teen that sex with whomever is a dangerous and wrongful act (by using the maligned bicycle imagery) --- that is why you are so indignant at these parents?

Personally, the unbelievable amount of filth found in many or most movies, be it the language or the acts, is far more horrifying to a young soul than any bicycle story. And this goes on every single day in our movies, TV, video games and music. Big deal, right?

Duggars are part of an evangelical cult called Quiverfull which says you should have as many babies as you possibly can. While a physical abuse incident had occured previously making the news, this is the first I'd heard of sexual abuse. Certainly not suprised though.

Religion and sex go hand in hand, and cults and sexual abuse do as well.

So from what I can determine from your message --- you apparently find this message of shame to be far worse and damaging to a person than might the results of premarital sex, such as STDs, unwanted pregnancies, the propensity to escalated such sexual practices to more frequency and partners and experimentation, etc. And not to mention, the belief that many have that such acts are very sinful and cause other kinds of ramifications for the young person engaged in those acts.

But to point out to this teen that sex with whomever is a dangerous and wrongful act (by using the maligned bicycle imagery) --- that is why you are so indignant at these parents?

Personally, the unbelievable amount of filth found in many or most movies, be it the language or the acts, is far more horrifying to a young soul than any bicycle story. And this goes on every single day in our movies, TV, video games and music. Big deal, right?
When you fall from the sin, don't do it again......unless you do something a Christian hates...

When you fall from the sin, don't do it again......unless you do something a Christian hates...

If you were trying to summarize my message, you lost me.

First of all, sex is not a sin. It's a natural part of life. It's much more productive and healthy to education your children on safe responsible sex, than to shame and guilt them with spiritual extortion. There's nothing wrong with pushing abstinence at the same time, but reality shows us that around 80% of teens are going to have sexual encounters.

The Duggars purity values and unrealistic expectations are a part of Josh's problem with sexual deviancy, yet they refused to get him professional help.

How exactly, does that bring one closer to Gawd?

Last edited:

What part of this is about his victims?

None, I guess. For one, I did not read the Washington Post article. For two, I did not relate this submission to the infamous acts this Duggar kid did to some young girls? I do not even know the news story about all this?

I took this post to be in reference to how a parent may try to give their teen a message about sexuality and the uses or misuses of it. So if I totally misinterpreted what CarlaDanger was trying to say, my fault and my apologies.

None, I guess. For one, I did not read the Washington Post article. For two, I did not relate this submission to the infamous acts this Duggar kid did to some young girls? I do not even know the news story about all this?

I took this post to be in reference to how a parent may try to give their teen a message about sexuality and the uses or misuses of it. So if I totally misinterpreted what CarlaDanger was trying to say, my fault and my apologies.

That's why I like to read the articles, maybe do my own search, before posting.

If you read the OP's poll choices, you will know most of what these people have done. Or at least, what we know so far.

"Note the emphasis: The onus to protect your purity is on you. If someone steals your purity, you are a ruined bicycle with warped tires and a ripped seat. Your value has been stolen. Your parents’ dreams are ruined. You are used and cheap and valueless."

IOW, the molestations are not the fault of the 14yo boy.

They are the fault of the 4-5 yo victims.

Convenient, huh?

"Note the emphasis: The onus to protect your purity is on you. If someone steals your purity, you are a ruined bicycle with warped tires and a ripped seat. Your value has been stolen. Your parents’ dreams are ruined. You are used and cheap and valueless."

Convenient, huh?

What a horrible message to send.

my cousin is a follow of the full quiver movement....8 kids in 8 years....but they stopped at 8.....and o they are the darlings of the uber religious family my hubby comes from....funny how everyone talks about how great the large family is...but limitis their own family to 2 kids or less

Convenient, huh?

What a horrible message to send.

Read the rest - likening the victims to cups of spit.

I had no idea how vicious and vile they and their religion is. The good news is that a lot of other people are learning the truth.

Forum List

Back