The Duggar Family Welcomes 18th Child!!!

Is it any of your business?

Her body, her choice, right?

Oh wait..that's only for abortion. Personal choice is only personal choice when it involves the killing of another...not when it comes to creating life.

Oh wait..that's only for abortion. Personal choice is only personal choice when it involves the killing of another...not when it comes to creating life.

Being a person choice doesn't make it any less selfish. People have kids to please themselves or maybe to please their parents who want grandkids. It's no longer a patriotic duty to have kids and populate the nation.

I'm talking about today, sweetie. Have you driven on the roads lately? Have you seen the rampant destruction of more and more wild places in this country as cities encroach on what used to be farmland and natural habitats?

Do you want a country with nothing but asphalt and strip malls to leave to your children?

Absolutely.

We already have one New Jersey, and that's one too many.

I must grudgingly agree with Allie. I'm not sure why the option to have a baby is any less a choice than the option to not have one? if the duggars want to have 20 children and can support them, who is anyone else to say it's wrong?

Isn't it much more selfish to have a child you don't want and then neglect it or pawn it off on other people so you can do your own thing? Not everyone is meant to be a parent and sometimes it's much more selfish to have a child because it's EXPECTED rather than admit that you just don't want them.

I find the opinion that it's selfish to NOT have children to be disturbing and judgemental as the opinion that too many children is selfish. I have a friend who is nearing 50 and she never had children because she never wanted them. She's a fantastic aunt to her nieces and nephews and she's in a loving and healthy relationship with a wonderful man but neither of them ever felt the need to have children of their own. I'm not sure what makes you see that as selfish.....

You know what. Upon further consideration, I agree with you. I find so much enjoyment in watching my kids smile, growing up that perhaps I am the selfish one.

You know what. Upon further consideration, I agree with you. I find so much enjoyment in watching my kids smile, growing up that perhaps I am the selfish one.

I never said having children was selfish.... I think having children is selfless..... but not having them isn't selfish either.

Being a person choice doesn't make it any less selfish. People have kids to please themselves or maybe to please their parents who want grandkids. It's no longer a patriotic duty to have kids and populate the nation.
People also have abortions to please themselves.

Except, of course, in the matter of abortion, you are killing another human being, instead of creating it.

Ask anyone you know....do you wish you'd been aborted instead of living your life?

Ask anyone you know....do you wish you'd been aborted instead of living your life?

we had an entire thread discussing that topic....I believe I might have been one of the few who picked wanting to be aborted rather than live through some of the things I've been through.

it's not a black and white issue Allie, it never has been and never will be, not in reality. For you it's all or nothing and life just isn't set up that way.

we had an entire thread discussing that topic....I believe I might have been one of the few who picked wanting to be aborted rather than live through some of the things I've been through.

it's not a black and white issue Allie, it never has been and never will be, not in reality. For you it's all or nothing and life just isn't set up that way.

Sounds like you've been through some rough stuff. Wow, I've gone through crap, but I never wished to have been aborted. I hope you are at peace with some of those issues.

New Topics

Forum List

Back