The Dressing King: TrumpUSA

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
It seems everyone these days is a fan of Starbucks and Facebook, and that is arguably a product of 'consumerism couture' in our modern world.

In such a mercantilism-gauged 'environment,' who is the true spokesman --- the administrator/politician or the consumer/artist? In other words, is a consumer-centric 'culture' chaperoned by labor-managers (e.g., Donald Trump) or by producers (e.g., Bill Gates)?

The African-American comic book superhero Green Lantern John Stewart (DC Comics) represents both populism politics (i.e., multiculturalism) and democracy poetics (i.e., patriotism). Such an avatar symbolizes a social focus on 'traffic consciousness.'

The use of symbolic avatars/mascots is a hallmark of the age of mercantilism (e.g., Energizer Bunny, Uncle Ben's Rice, Ronald McDonald, etc.). These avatars comprise a new 'etiquette language.'

This is why self-image and self-presentation is so important now, which is why we see representative humanism-themed films such as Celebrity and Valkyrie. Humanism speaks to a social interest in personality evaluation (relevant to the modern age of contract-based education --- e.g., Celebrity Apprentice).

There must therefore be a way to enhance 'commercial-culture dialogue.'

====

GOD: I like the insignia/avatar for the Starbucks company.
SATAN: Yes, it's a nice twin-tailed merchant-mermaid, or female 'siren.'
GOD: That's not unlike the popular Barbie doll...
SATAN: Merchants want to use characters society finds 'fertile.'
GOD: It is therefore symbolic that America has elected Donald Trump as its President.
SATAN: Trump represents both mercantilism and 'profiteerism-politics.'
GOD: Is he therefore a 'bandleader' or a 'trumpeteer'?
SATAN: That's a good question; Trump is actually a 'diplomat.'
GOD: Does civilization need a 'consumerism/capitalism diplomat'?
SATAN: Yes, which is how Trump is a lot like FDR --- very representative of their eras.
GOD: President FDR spoke about social welfare in a time when population-dynamics were symbolic.
SATAN: Hopefully, President Trump will speak about 'multiculturalism couture.'
GOD: You can't market Uncle Ben's Rice and practice partisan-politics.
SATAN: That's why ethnicity-oriented pop-culture 'avatars' such as Green Lantern John Stewart are patriotic!
GOD: Yes, John Stewart symbolizes 'basic medicine.'
SATAN: Maybe movie-superstar Tom Cruise should be the next U.S. President!

====

John Stewart (Wikipedia)

js.jpg

Dollhouse

====

MAN: So how come you're dress up as Harley Quinn (DC Comics) at this White House Halloween party?
WOMAN: It's a secret (but I'll tell you); when I was a little girl, I believed my doll whispered to me, "Kill the President!"
MAN: That sounds eerily like a different DC Comics villainess --- Baby Doll.
WOMAN: No, Baby Doll is a psycho who can't grow up emotionally; Harley Quinn is an anarchist...
MAN: What do you have against Barbie?
WOMAN: Barbie is a symbol of misogyny and exploitation.
MAN: Why not Cinderella?
WOMAN: Cinderella is too idealistic; Harley Quinn is redeemable but not necessarily optimistic.
MAN: Is that how you feel about 'TrumpUSA'?
WOMAN: I don't want another 'Reaganomics' by this new celeb-prez (e.g., 'Trumponomics')!
MAN: Sometimes, I feel so grateful I was born male.
WOMAN: Someday, a woman will be elected president, and we'll remember the 'Hillary quest.'
MAN: Mrs. Clinton certainly gave it a good go.
WOMAN: She will be missed, if/when she decides to leave politics.
MAN: Are you a fan of Condoleezza Rice?
WOMAN: I'm a bigger fan of Michelle Obama.
MAN: I've always been a fan of the Starbucks mermaid/siren avatar.
WOMAN: She is a beautiful icon.
MAN: Sometimes, I get the urge to mock Aunt Jemima.
WOMAN: Consumerism makes seamstresses of us all...

====

harly.jpg

Forum List

Back