The Dreams of Feminists are nuts. See the new Chanel ad.

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
Never mind the luxury, pay attention to the human relationships in this ad. There is a lot of script-flipping taking place.

So how connected to reality is the story in this ad? The sad thing is that these feminist visions actually inform young girls and by the time they realize that they've been the victims of a cruel practical joke, they've spent years of their lives traveling down a wrong path and they've internalized these life scripts to such an extent that they're not easily thrown off, much like how adults can't throw off the religion that they were raised with.

I'm just confused... How did you manage to connect this Chanel ad to feminism and to see something bad in it?
What's wrong about human relations there? I don't see anything terrible. Just another beautiful fairy tale, like many other Chanel ads.

The music is horrible and the message as lame as it gets. Spray some expensive smelly crap on yourself and you can reel in a replacement guy. It does fit with the perpetual victimhood of feminism.

I'm just confused... How did you manage to connect this Chanel ad to feminism and to see something bad in it?
What's wrong about human relations there? I don't see anything terrible. Just another beautiful fairy tale, like many other Chanel ads.

Find an adult to talk you through the ad and explain how men and women really act in real life.

Doesn't look very 'feminist' to me, at least in terms of what feminist writers and intellectuals define how feminists should interpret things.

First, the woman is 'sexualized' as she is portrayed with emphasis on her breasts and legs, rather than being portrayed as an independent, intelligent woman.

Second, there is a male figure in her life, which combined with the woman's scantily clad sexuality, makes out like she has to rely on this male figure for financial or emotional support.

That's enough for now, kinda bored of analyzing music I don't like to watch or listen to. But enough to say that this video to feminism is as bad as a beauty pageant, in the sense that it 'sexualizes and belittles women'.

Find an adult to talk you through the ad and explain how men and women really act in real life.

Attacking my age instead of explaining your point of view supported with argumentation... Yeah, this is what they mean when saying "mature behavior". It was nice talking to you, too bad, the conversation got boring too fast. Have a nice week!

I grew up in SoCal, there are plenty of female surfers. Most of whom, like this girl, aren't very good looking without makeup. Is that really Tom Brady's wife?

I did notice the "vagina wave" and the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" thing there.

Forum List

Back