The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

Apparently, a $135K fine isn't enough for the Special Snowflake Totalitarians.

Now the state is threatening to take away their home if they don't pay up. This is a preview of future state asset forfeitures for anyone who doesn't share the required Groupthink.

Fox News is reporting that the fascist state of Oregon is ramping up its persecution campaign against Christian bakers who declined to bake a wedding cake for a same sex lesbian couple. Aaron and Melissa Klein, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, have been told that if they don’t pay the $135,000 awarded to the lesbian couple who sued them, a lien will be placed against their home next week.

Speaking to Todd Starnes of Fox News, Klein said that the case in on appeal and the couple is worried that if they win the appeal, they will never get their money back. ” “This is intimidation and bullying – that’s exactly what it is,” Klein said.

The fascist state of Orgeon has also placed a gag order on the Kleins that makes it illegal for them to talk openly about their desire to participate and profit from same sex weddings through their small business....

H8 Wins Oregon Threatens Home of Christian Bakers - Breitbart
Look at how the rightie lies ... he claims the state is threatening to take their home; but then links to a Fox News article which doesn't state that.

You clearly don't understand the process of how the government can seize property.

But keep drinking your rainbow unicorn piss as it seems to provide you a great deal of comfort.
Then it should be easy for you to cite a case where the government seized residential property in Oregon over a judicial lien.... I won't hold my breath, just so ya know.

Does their faith require them to publish the name and addresses of the two lesbians on Facebook, and through the press, subjecting them and their families' to stalking and death threats?

The moment the lesbos decided to make a stink about it they gave up any right to privacy

Sorry, Sas, but I really should have put you on ignore long ago. Your pride in your bigotry is hateful and I have no need to be sucked into your world of negativity. Adios.....

Like I care if a queer ignores me?
You really are stupid enough to believe that everyone who disagrees with you is gay. Too funny.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

No, but Vandal sure seems gay to me.... could be wrong.

Nope. "Seems" and facts are not the same.

And that was so very "christian" of you. Don't worry, I am used to seeing this nonsense from "christians".

Then they should pay the damned money. Not seeing a problem here, they raised twice that from bigots on line.

I would refuse. They should do what their religious convictions lead them to do.
Or perhaps they will pay the fine, and yet continue to practice their faith.

Regardless, that isn't the point. The point is they are in fact being threatened in losing their home. As much as you leftist claim to never try and punish people of faith, here is a clear example that you are.

Does their faith require them to publish the name and addresses of the two lesbians on Facebook, and through the press, subjecting them and their families' to stalking and death threats?

The moment the lesbos decided to make a stink about it they gave up any right to privacy

Sorry, Sas, but I really should have put you on ignore long ago. Your pride in your bigotry is hateful and I have no need to be sucked into your world of negativity. Adios.....

Your unwarranted hatred of gay Americans renders you and your positions devoid of merit.

I would refuse. They should do what their religious convictions lead them to do.

Regardless, that isn't the point. The point is they are in fact being threatened in losing their home. As much as you leftist claim to never try and punish people of faith, here is a clear example that you are.

Your unwarranted hatred of gay Americans renders you and your positions devoid of merit.

Not to the other conservatives though. They are all batshit crazy and applaud this kind of hatred and ignorance. :D

You really are stupid enough to believe that everyone who disagrees with you is gay. Too funny.

You're not the only one thinking that

I don't hate gays, I don't agree with their lifestyle and I don't agree in SSM, therefore your comment is devoid of merit. But most of yours are

11705237_892849530791276_3103686815941490780_n.jpg

An your inability to grasp the ramications of same sex marriage, that appear legitimate, renders your position devoid of merit.

Now the state is threatening to take away their home if they don't pay up. This is a preview of future state asset forfeitures for anyone who doesn't share the required Groupthink.

Fox News is reporting that the fascist state of Oregon is ramping up its persecution campaign against Christian bakers who declined to bake a wedding cake for a same sex lesbian couple. Aaron and Melissa Klein, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, have been told that if they don’t pay the $135,000 awarded to the lesbian couple who sued them, a lien will be placed against their home next week.

Speaking to Todd Starnes of Fox News, Klein said that the case in on appeal and the couple is worried that if they win the appeal, they will never get their money back. ” “This is intimidation and bullying – that’s exactly what it is,” Klein said.

The fascist state of Orgeon has also placed a gag order on the Kleins that makes it illegal for them to talk openly about their desire to participate and profit from same sex weddings through their small business....

Look at how the rightie lies ... he claims the state is threatening to take their home; but then links to a Fox News article which doesn't state that.

You clearly don't understand the process of how the government can seize property.

But keep drinking your rainbow unicorn piss as it seems to provide you a great deal of comfort.
Then it should be easy for you to cite a case where the government seized residential property in Oregon over a judicial lien.... I won't hold my breath, just so ya know.

You are a moron if you think Judicial Liens don't lead to property seizures. Here's what someone has to do to avoid property being seized under one: Declare Bankruptcy.

If you think forcing someone into declaring bankruptcy is an appropriate remedy for not baking a cake, then I hope you suffer the hell on earth of saying something a Lititgious Social Justice Warrior doesn't like someday soon.

Can Judicial Liens Be Avoided?
In some cases, judicial liens can be avoided through additional steps taken by the debtor. This process is often known as “Judicial Lien Avoidance”, and relieves the debtor of the lien obligations imposed upon their property. The lien avoidance process can be complicated because it often overlaps with other issues such as homestead exemptions

In most jurisdictions, judicial lien avoidance is only extended in connection with bankruptcy proceedings (Chapter 7 or 13). The debtor has the burden of proof of filing a “Motion to avoid judicial lien”, sometimes called a motion to avoid a judgment lien. If they fail to file the motion when filing for bankruptcy, the lien is said to “survive” the bankruptcy hearing and will still attach to the property after the proceedings are completed.

Again, filing a motion to avoid judicial lien involves many different steps and eligibility requirements- it may be necessary to contact a lawyer for help with this stage of debt avoidance. If the debtor is successful, the court will grant an “Order Avoiding Judicial Lien”, which will remove the lien, either completely or partially....

Judicial Lien Laws LegalMatch Law Library

And that was so very "christian" of you. Don't worry, I am used to seeing this nonsense from "christians".

That's why I didn't say "fact". That's why I said "seems". Are you saying I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this? Are only non-christians allowed to have an opinion?

Their unwarrented attack on our faith, generally causes hate among the people being attacked.

How about you tell the gays and homos to lead by example on tolerance?

You are a moron if you think Judicial Liens don't lead to property seizures. Here's what someone has to do to avoid property being seized under one: Declare Bankruptcy.

If you think forcing someone into declaring bankruptcy is an appropriate remedy for not baking a cake, then I hope you suffer the hell on earth of saying something a Lititgious Social Justice Warrior doesn't like someday soon.

In some cases, judicial liens can be avoided through additional steps taken by the debtor. This process is often known as “Judicial Lien Avoidance”, and relieves the debtor of the lien obligations imposed upon their property. The lien avoidance process can be complicated because it often overlaps with other issues such as homestead exemptions

In most jurisdictions, judicial lien avoidance is only extended in connection with bankruptcy proceedings (Chapter 7 or 13). The debtor has the burden of proof of filing a “Motion to avoid judicial lien”, sometimes called a motion to avoid a judgment lien. If they fail to file the motion when filing for bankruptcy, the lien is said to “survive” the bankruptcy hearing and will still attach to the property after the proceedings are completed.

Again, filing a motion to avoid judicial lien involves many different steps and eligibility requirements- it may be necessary to contact a lawyer for help with this stage of debt avoidance. If the debtor is successful, the court will grant an “Order Avoiding Judicial Lien”, which will remove the lien, either completely or partially....

Translation: no, you can't find a single instance where a homeowner in Oregon ever lost their home to a judicial lien.

So instead, you post a response that's not location specific; all the while, ignoring the fact that Oregon has some of the most protective homestead exemptions in the nation, which can be used to protect ones' home without declaring bankruptcy; which is why I challenged you to cite a case in Oregon.

Predictably, you failed miserably.

Translation: no, you can't find a single instance where a homeowner in Oregon ever lost their home to a judicial lien.

So instead, you post a response that's not location specific; all the while, ignoring the fact that Oregon has some of the most protective homestead exemptions in the nation, which can be used to protect ones' home without declaring bankruptcy; which is why I challenged you to cite a case in Oregon.

And you can't prove that Government Liens aren't a seizure of property.

Thank you for playing.

Thank you for playing.
You're too fuuny. You too proved they are not. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You posted that people subject to a judicial lien can avoid losing their home by filing for bankruptcy. I'm the one who pointed out that is not necessary for residents in Oregon who qualify for homestead exemption, which is why you can't find a single case of an Oregon resident losing their home to a judicial lien. :mm:

Not to mention, Sweet Cakes can put the money they received in donations into an escrow account while their appeal is reviewed. It's entirely up to them how they want to respond to the legal actions taken against them.

That's why I didn't say "fact". That's why I said "seems". Are you saying I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this? Are only non-christians allowed to have an opinion?
You can have any opinion you want, l'il slugger.

Thank you for playing.

You posted that people subject to a judicial lien can avoid losing their home by filing for bankruptcy. I'm the one who pointed out that is not necessary for residents in Oregon who qualify for homestead exemption, which is why you can't find a single case of an Oregon resident losing their home to a judicial lien. :mm:

Not to mention, Sweet Cakes can put the money they received in donations into an escrow account while their appeal is reviewed. It's entirely up to them how they want to respond to the legal actions taken against them.

Here is what you think is a perfectly acceptable reason to seize and destroy a citizen's private property rights (and note, this was a bureaucratic Labor department proceeding, not even a proper judicial hearing). I really hope you hurt some gay person's feelings soon, and are subject to a similar witch hunt. Twould serve you right.

As if that weren’t bad enough, both the findings of the Kleins’ legal team and reports in local newspapers point to questionable ties between state officials and gay rights advocates.

According to Herb Grey, his team’s efforts to do discovery in the case were hampered by the state, but some startling information came out at a hearing. The brother of one of the complainants, Aaron Cryer, on cross examination was asked about a conversation he had had with his sister. “And he said, completely unsolicited—this is a BOLI witness—he said something to the effect of, well, what we were talking about because we had met with BOLI and with [the gay advocacy group] Basic Rights Oregon, and we were working really hard on marriage equality, we were trying to figure out how best to use this case basically to advance the agenda.” This, Grey explained, “was totally different from anything we’d heard in deposition testimony or anything else. We moved to reopen the record to be allowed to inquire further into that, which was denied.”...

Free to Shut Up The Weekly Standard

Thank you for playing.

Here is what you think is a perfectly acceptable reason to seize and destroy a citizen's private property rights (and note, this was a bureaucratic Labor department proceeding, not even a proper judicial hearing). I really hope you hurt some gay person's feelings soon, and are subject to a similar witch hunt. Twould serve you right.

As if that weren’t bad enough, both the findings of the Kleins’ legal team and reports in local newspapers point to questionable ties between state officials and gay rights advocates.

According to Herb Grey, his team’s efforts to do discovery in the case were hampered by the state, but some startling information came out at a hearing. The brother of one of the complainants, Aaron Cryer, on cross examination was asked about a conversation he had had with his sister. “And he said, completely unsolicited—this is a BOLI witness—he said something to the effect of, well, what we were talking about because we had met with BOLI and with [the gay advocacy group] Basic Rights Oregon, and we were working really hard on marriage equality, we were trying to figure out how best to use this case basically to advance the agenda.” This, Grey explained, “was totally different from anything we’d heard in deposition testimony or anything else. We moved to reopen the record to be allowed to inquire further into that, which was denied.”...

Free to Shut Up The Weekly Standard
Actually, all you are doing is citing the disgruntled losing attorney for Sweet Cakes who searching desperately for an excuse for why he lost. Hell, he doesn't even quote witness testimony but instead paraphrases for what was testified. :eusa_doh: That alone should tell you something.

Regardless of their lawyer's feelings, Sweet Cakes broke the law. They have since been fined by the court. There are only two acceptable legal solutions at this point ... 1) pay the fine (all at one or in payments) and move on; put the funds for the fine into an escrow account while appealing the fine. But ignoring the fine is unacceptable and will be met with more stringent penalties.

All that aside, you made the asinine claim that the government was threatening to take away their home, yet you yourself admitted there's at least one avenue they can take to avoid losing their home. Even that is ignoring the fact they live in a state with some of the strongest homestead exemption protections in the nation.

Last edited:
Regardless of their lawyer's feelings, Sweet Cakes broke the law. They have since been fined by the court. There are only two acceptable legal solutions at this point ... 1) pay the fine (all at one or in payments) and move on; put the funds for the fine into an escrow account while appealing the fine. But ignoring the fine is unacceptable and will be met with more stringent penalties.

Actually there is a 3rd option - appeal the BOLI ruling in State court. As part of the appeal request a stay of implementation (including principal, interest, and the applications of liens) during the appeals process.

Then it will be up to the appellate court. They can accept the appeal and issue the stay, accept the appeal but reject the stay, or they can reject the appeal in total.

>>>>

Their unwarrented attack on our faith, generally causes hate among the people being attacked.

How about you tell the gays and homos to lead by example on tolerance?

I really love how you guys play the victim here.

No, really.

Oh, I forgot. Only left-wingers can ever play the victim? Must have missed that in the forum rules.

Sorry Sensei. I'm not as experienced as you, but I'll learn.

Forum List

Back