The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

Time to grow up now, and understand that the We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service sign isn't actually true. If you don't like it, work for a church or a private club. They can do that.

So you admit that the Nazis were doing it right in the 1930s. Good to know.

Nope, but we're doing it right today, and have been for some time now. Serve one, serve all. It's not complicated, it just means you have to grow up.

Actually it means you never should have skipped history class in high school because that is what all the cool kids did.

The history of these laws starts decades ago, with Heart of Atlanta Motel v. U.S. Check it out, your arguments died that day.

The Nazis deluded themselves into all sorts of rationalizations. I am sure that they would have agreed with you that 'gay' is a race.

You see where this is going...right?

Maybe not....

Gay is not a race, it's a minority, And here, we protect minorities from the whims of the majority...

The liberals are playing to the wrong crowd.

Christians out way gays by 95%.

The legal immigrants out way illegal immigrants 95%.

Good luck with that. Lol

Nope, but we're doing it right today, and have been for some time now. Serve one, serve all. It's not complicated, it just means you have to grow up.

Actually it means you never should have skipped history class in high school because that is what all the cool kids did.

The history of these laws starts decades ago, with Heart of Atlanta Motel v. U.S. Check it out, your arguments died that day.

The Nazis deluded themselves into all sorts of rationalizations. I am sure that they would have agreed with you that 'gay' is a race.

Maybe not....

Gay is not a race, it's a minority, And here, we protect minorities from the whims of the majority...

I'm guessing professional cake decorating people are a much bigger minority than gays.

Herr speechmeister says so. Control all thought and speech. Dissent will be punished. The beatings will continue until moral improves.

1960s bumper sticker:

dissent_is_the_highest_form_of_patriotism_bumper_sticker-raec99646f0d84dc5be15712f09a4db75_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg
Time to grow up now, and understand that the We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service sign isn't actually true. If you don't like it, work for a church or a private club. They can do that.
gaycakewhatthejokeisabouthttpwwwbreitbartcombiggovernment20131212christianbakerwillingtogotojailfordeclininggayweddingcake_98a476_4930021.jpg
Great way to go from suing a bakery, to owning one...

It goes to show that when you force people to think and act a certain way, there will ultimately be chaffing and outright resistance. In an odd pattern of self delusion, the Left has imagined itself to be fighting a revolution against tyranny when they themselves have become the tyrants, bringing the whole weight of government on a small business because they exercise conscience and don't want to use their artistic gifts to support something they don't agree with. You are not the oppressed, you are the oppressor. And the God who you mock will send you to hell for eternity. Count on it.
God is a myth, and our secular laws, for Public Accommodations, boil down to serve one, serve all. Keep your faith out of business, it doesn't apply.

The flames of hell will seem very real to you when you go there. I'm sure by then all your doubts will have dissolved.

Maybe not....

I'm guessing professional cake decorating people are a much bigger minority than gays.
I would think so but they run a Public Accommodation, which must follow certain rules. This isn't a concept we made up just for gays and cakes.

gaycakewhatthejokeisabouthttpwwwbreitbartcombiggovernment20131212christianbakerwillingtogotojailfordeclininggayweddingcake_98a476_4930021.jpg
Great way to go from suing a bakery, to owning one...

It goes to show that when you force people to think and act a certain way, there will ultimately be chaffing and outright resistance. In an odd pattern of self delusion, the Left has imagined itself to be fighting a revolution against tyranny when they themselves have become the tyrants, bringing the whole weight of government on a small business because they exercise conscience and don't want to use their artistic gifts to support something they don't agree with. You are not the oppressed, you are the oppressor. And the God who you mock will send you to hell for eternity. Count on it.
God is a myth, and our secular laws, for Public Accommodations, boil down to serve one, serve all. Keep your faith out of business, it doesn't apply.

The flames of hell will seem very real to you when you go there. I'm sure by then all your doubts will have dissolved.
There is no hell, you are already there, and what comes from a source returns to a source. If you, and Hitler, came from God, then he's waiting for you since there's nowhere else to go...

Maybe not....

I would think so but they run a Public Accommodation, which must follow certain rules. This isn't a concept we made up just for gays and cakes.

A business should have the right to maintain their customer base and deliver a product or service to their standards.

Maybe not....

So you threw out HAM v. US knowing that it did not apply to your argument?

Nice try at deflection. That gets 1 point.

Back to historical fact. When the Nazis realized they were in the minority, they brought out the night of the long knives...

Night of the Long Knives 1934 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Bake the cake. Protest at the wedding itself. Problem solved.

Yeah, protest, become an absolute moron for disrupting someone's wedding, then try and claim the moral high ground before heading down the slippery slope to hell.

Absolutely disrupt the wedding. Who knows maybe the florist and the photographer may even have someone show up. Bang drums, chant loudly. There is no such thing as moral high ground when someone must provide labor against their will. Disrupt enough weddings, all while following the letter of the law, gays will get the message.

Simple formula,

if your love of baking cakes doesn't exceed your hatred of gays, get out of the cake business.
Nice way to sugar coat disregarding other peoples beliefs..........

Obey............or else and say you are for Freedom......
This case needs to go to the Supremes.........

They may end up owing 500,000 if it does and the supremes may throw them in jail.

Hey, I am a Christian and I can tell people who are divorced and adulterers would also have to be treated the same as gay people...

So where have they show their tolerance to people those people..
Hey cowpoke, if the adulterers asked them to bake a cake celebrating adultery do you think they would have made one?
I'm sure they did. If you remarry after a divorce you are an adulterer...

Our church would not remarry someone if we knew they were doing this.

Granted some churches will... of course those churches likely don't have a problem with SSM.

As for the bakery and cake... I doubt it. They likely would not bake a cake for such a situation.

However, there is one difference. If a random couple walks into your bakery asking for a wedding cake.... you can tell the SSM problem pretty quick. Remarrying a divorcee would be a bit more difficult to tell.

Just like if only one person walked in, and bought a wedding cake, and left... I would never know that it was for an SSM.

But yeah, if you walk in Jan and Jill, asking for a cake for your lesbo wedding, I'm going to say no. Yeah, I'll pay the fine. But you are not getting a cake from me. Absolutely not.

Yeah, protest, become an absolute moron for disrupting someone's wedding, then try and claim the moral high ground before heading down the slippery slope to hell.

Absolutely disrupt the wedding. Who knows maybe the florist and the photographer may even have someone show up. Bang drums, chant loudly. There is no such thing as moral high ground when someone must provide labor against their will. Disrupt enough weddings, all while following the letter of the law, gays will get the message.

We are not supposed to scream at pagans either.

Just refuse service. Protesting the pagans is not Biblical. Christians are to follow what the Bible says. As long as we do that, G-d will be on our side.

Enjoy hell then.

They don't have to provide labor against their will. They could simply shut their shop down and never open it again. It's their power to do so.

They agree to do certain things when they set up a business. If they don't like this, then they don't have to set up a business.

Would you sign a contract that tells you that you might have to go around licking poor people's feet? No, you wouldn't.

So why would these people sign up to do something where you might have to serve gay people, who, because you're a completely retarded bigot, you think they have some kind of germs or something? Wait, sure you would. You see the dollar signs, chuuuuuu CHING!!! SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!

You're right though, too many people try and claim the higher moral ground, but the reality is their morals are down in the sewer.

A business should have the right to maintain their customer base and deliver a product or service to their standards.
\

They do, and they did. However they chose not to stick to an exclusive list of customers, they chose to open their business to EVERYONE. Then one of the everyone walked in and they decided they didn't like that person enough to serve them because the Bible says "love thy neighbor" and all that other bull about hating the sin and not the sinner. Oh, wait, got the wrong bit of the Bible. I mean the bit of the Bible that says "kill adulterers, kill old men, kill women, kill good Samaritans" and so on, because you're doing the word of God by being a complete bigot. Hooorahhh!!!

Nah, they should go to the wedding and minister to the homosexuals and tell them god loves them but must reject their souls if they don't repent and leave their immoral lifestyles.

Forum List

Back