The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

Since when is it wrong to file a complaint against someone who breaks the law?
When the law is wrong and your complaint is frivolous.
Since you're not a judge, your opinion that the law is wrong is meaningless.
I always think you've maxed out your potential for saying stupid things...and you always surprise me. Does your po know you're online instead of working???
You're an idiot to think I can't do both. :cuckoo: Regardless, your opinion remains just as meaningless whether I'm online or at work.
That's what defines you as a baby killing, anti Christian fascist. You can't grasp the meaning of liberty, you only think in terms of your own imagined power. That's okay because ppl like you are why people are taking a stand against homonazis. And it will become violent. Because people like you are criminal minded and stupid.
Baby killer? Are you baked? I've never killed any babies. Anti-Christian fascist? I'm married to a Christian and we've firmly established you have no clue what fascism means. And who cares if you stand up to "homonazis?" They've already beaten your dumb ass into the ground.

Incidentally, Sweet Cakes is breaking funding records.
Most of which will go to the government and the lesbian couple they refused to serve. Meanwhile, Sweet Cakes is all but out of business and no longer serving the public.

If someone wants to report a crime they can, but they don't have to.
We agree!

We agree on the statement, not on the reporting of crime. I report lawbreaking. You apparently ignore it.
Oops, to the straw man argument we go.

Dang, I thought we were making progress.

How many illegal aliens, friends driving drunk or pot smokers have you reported, by the way?

Let's see...I don't know any illegal aliens or friends driving drunk and all the pot smokers I know have their card. I have reported drunk drivers and kids escaping from the youth facility down the road.

Are you reporting all those people?
Wow, great, you haven't reported all people breaking the law? Is that the case? That's pretty freakin' amazing.

And no, I absolutely don't report all people who are breaking the law. Which is precisely my point, thanks.

This isn't about "the law". This is about politics.

It's about power, and totalitarianism

I always think you've maxed out your potential for saying stupid things...and you always surprise me. Does your po know you're online instead of working???
You're an idiot to think I can't do both. :cuckoo: Regardless, your opinion remains just as meaningless whether I'm online or at work.
That's what defines you as a baby killing, anti Christian fascist. You can't grasp the meaning of liberty, you only think in terms of your own imagined power. That's okay because ppl like you are why people are taking a stand against homonazis. And it will become violent. Because people like you are criminal minded and stupid.
Baby killer? Are you baked? I've never killed any babies. Anti-Christian fascist? I'm married to a Christian and we've firmly established you have no clue what fascism means. And who cares if you stand up to "homonazis?" They've already beaten your dumb ass into the ground.
No, they haven't. And yes you are a fascist, and yes you are anti Christian.

If someone wants to report a crime they can, but they don't have to.
We agree!

We agree on the statement, not on the reporting of crime. I report lawbreaking. You apparently ignore it.

How many illegal aliens, friends driving drunk or pot smokers have you reported, by the way?

Let's see...I don't know any illegal aliens or friends driving drunk and all the pot smokers I know have their card. I have reported drunk drivers and kids escaping from the youth facility down the road.

Wow, great, you haven't reported all people breaking the law? Is that the case? That's pretty freakin' amazing.

And no, I absolutely don't report all people who are breaking the law. Which is precisely my point, thanks.

You don't report law breakers and you think that makes you a good person of some sort. :lol:

No, that's not it...you think not reporting people breaking the law makes you non partisan?

It's not about politics. The couple that just wanted to order a cake werent' about politics, they just wanted a cake for their wedding. The bakery broke the law just as much as if they were putting DDT in the cake as preservative.

We agree!

You don't report law breakers and you think that makes you a good person of some sort. :lol:

No, that's not it...you think not reporting people breaking the law makes you non partisan?

It's not about politics. The couple that just wanted to order a cake werent' about politics, they just wanted a cake for their wedding. The bakery broke the law just as much as if they were putting DDT in the cake as preservative.
Okie dokie.

Whatever gets me out of this conversation.

But you are assuming we're going through it, for the sake of donations. I would stand for my faith if I collected zero donations.

I am not. It does not matter how much "legal hell" you put us through. We have a higher authority than your legal crap.

Life is not about being rich, or having millions. This life is very short, and what matters, is what comes after.
I'm assuming no such thing. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. :cuckoo:

You certainly gave the impression, when you said "try a stunt", which implies they are doing it for some other motive.
The "stunt" is discriminating against others and demanding the right to do so by hiding behind their religion.

So is being intolerant of others belief systems, and trying to force them to violate it.

You don't have the "right" to be being served by me. It's my business, not yours.

When you apply for your business license, he agree to abide by all laws and regulations governing the operation of the business.
The question is what those laws should be. In particular, whether operating a business requires the sacrifice of basic human rights.

When you open the door to your business, you are inviting the public into your business. All of the public.
This is the claim of PA laws. And it's what is being disputed.

It is your business, but in order for you to get your license, you have to promise not to discriminate and if you break that promise, there are consequences.
Yes, but is that justified? You're just repeating the requirements of laws in question.

I'm assuming no such thing. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. :cuckoo:

You certainly gave the impression, when you said "try a stunt", which implies they are doing it for some other motive.
The "stunt" is discriminating against others and demanding the right to do so by hiding behind their religion.

So is being intolerant of others belief systems, and trying to force them to violate it.

You don't have the "right" to be being served by me. It's my business, not yours.

When you apply for your business license, he agree to abide by all laws and regulations governing the operation of the business.
The question is what those laws should be. In particular, whether operating a business requires the sacrifice of basic human rights.

When you open the door to your business, you are inviting the public into your business. All of the public.

It is your business, but in order for you to get your license, you have to promise not to discriminate and if you break that promise, there are consequences.
Yes, but is that justified? You're just repeating the requirements of laws in question.
Their brains aren't complex enough to grasp that.

Okie dokie.

See there's nothing to be gained by trying to discuss things with them. They're like rabid, mentally ill animals.

Your words are meaningless since they are completely off target.

Your words are meaningless since they are completely off target.
You're incapable of participating in a discussion of rights and liberty, you can't frame the concepts on your brainwashed noggin. Adios.

Okie dokie.

Why comment on the subject if it makes you uncomfortable. You have the free will to leave anytime. We all know you think that gays are "punishing" these bigot bakers. They aren't. They aren't targeting and they aren't punishing. They reported a crime. It could have ended there...but the bigot bakers wouldn't let it. They decided to harass the couple they initially discriminated against...hence the hefty fine they incurred.

If you want to expend the efforts to get rid of these PA laws, more power to ya dude. But you don't do you? You've not once called your congressman demanding that Title II of the CRA be repealed have you? Do you donate to organizations dedicated to getting rid of PA laws? Are there any?

See, I disagree with pot laws...so I try to get them changed. I call my representatives, I sign petitions, hell, I've even gathered them. I'm actually working to change the law. What are you doing to change PA laws beyond bitching about them on a message board?

What are YOU doing to get rid of Title II of the CRA? What money have you donated, petition you've signed, organization you supported. Anything?

Okie dokie.

Why comment on the subject if it makes you uncomfortable. You have the free will to leave anytime. We all know you think that gays are "punishing" these bigot bakers. They aren't. They aren't targeting and they aren't punishing. They reported a crime. It could have ended there...but the bigot bakers wouldn't let it. They decided to harass the couple they initially discriminated against...hence the hefty fine they incurred.

If you want to expend the efforts to get rid of these PA laws, more power to ya dude. But you don't do you? You've not once called your congressman demanding that Title II of the CRA be repealed have you? Do you donate to organizations dedicated to getting rid of PA laws? Are there any?

See, I disagree with pot laws...so I try to get them changed. I call my representatives, I sign petitions, hell, I've even gathered them. I'm actually working to change the law. What are you doing to change PA laws beyond bitching about them on a message board?
Gawd, after all this time.

I'm not complaining about the laws.

Okie dokie.

Gawd, after all this time.

I'm not complaining about the laws.

Right...just the application of them? WTF, over.

Bull

It's not discrimination.The activist judges are wrong and the law is unconstitutional.
You're an imbecile. The law is clear and was clearly violated. If the law is unconstitutional, then the Kleins' should challenge it all the way to the Supreme Court and have it ruled unconstitutional. This is their chance.
The law is bad, the queers are fascists, and it is being challenged.

Apparently according to the Nazi Bible- Nazi Christians don't have to obey the law.

But according to actual Bible- Christians are supposed to follow the law.

You are a proud Nazi- and your Nazi Bible is heretical.

Since when is it wrong to file a complaint against someone who breaks the law?

You Nazi's always want to deal with your opponents with violence.

Bull

It's not discrimination.The activist judges are wrong and the law is unconstitutional.
You're an imbecile. The law is clear and was clearly violated. If the law is unconstitutional, then the Kleins' should challenge it all the way to the Supreme Court and have it ruled unconstitutional. This is their chance.

Thanks as always for the Nazi point of view.

Bull

Apparently according to the Nazi Bible- Nazi Christians don't have to obey the law.

But according to actual Bible- Christians are supposed to follow the law.
Not when the law comes into conflict with their faith. Sorry. You didn't know that, and that explains why you are so inerringly stupid when it comes to your attacks on Christians.

Meanwhile:

"In a statement released Wednesday through the couple's lawyers, Melissa Klein said:
"We are humbled and thankful for the generosity and support of the American public. The amount shows that Americans all over this country are acting on their beliefs and loudly saying that they do not agree with a government that punishes people for their religious beliefs."

Sweet Cakes by Melissa raises record amount of cash on crowdfunding site OregonLive.com

Forum List

Back