The Draft is UNCONSTITUTIONAL

The draft ended in 1973..
Selective Service is still in effect.
All men 18-25 living in the US must register. Even immigrants, legal and illegal.
Receiving a deferment was not dodging the draft.
Draft dodgers didn't report as ordered. Many fled the country.
I received my draft notice in 1972. I dodged the draft by enlisting.

Where is it written in the constitution that you make take children from their parents, and parents from their children, and compel them to fight the battles of any war in which the folly of government may engage in?!
The draft is unconstituational. However like a alot of things in the constitution the government iignores when it benefits them

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction. ... Finally, the 13th Amendment was passed by the Congress on January 31, 1865.

It grants the fed gov specific powers. If it isnt listed, it doesnt have that power.
So consider that and consider what you posted.

I believe in limited Federal government, and limited government in general as well as state's rights. Is Income Tax also unconstitutional?

16th amendment

Exactly. The draft is NOT specifically mentioned in the Constitution, but that doesn't stop our government from doing a lot of things not mentioned. They use the catch all Preamble for that.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The courts have been negligent in many ways by allowing this, and get to decide, rightly, or wrongly what is Constitutional, and what isn't. Evidently, the Draft was considered necessary for the "common defence".

16th amendment

Exactly. The draft is NOT specifically mentioned in the Constitution, but that doesn't stop our government from doing a lot of things not mentioned. They use the catch all Preamble for that.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The courts have been negligent in many ways by allowing this, and get to decide, rightly, or wrongly what is Constitutional, and what isn't. Evidently, the Draft was considered necessary for the "common defence".
I totally agree. The Constitution has been raped more than Bill Cosbys victims.
Its sad. And anti-American.

Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution:

"The Congress shall have the power to...raise and support Armies..."

The power to compel citizens to serve in the "Army" is implicit in the power to raise "Armies." Even with today's "all volunteer army" if a need arose that demanded more soldiers than were willing to enlist, the Congress could re-establish the draft and compel the selected people to serve. If they refused, they would be subject to legal sanctions, up to and including execution for treason.

Recent changes in law and interpretations of the Constitution would require that any new Draft law be somewhat different than in the past, including women as draftees, but the basic right to have a military draft is clearly Constitutional.

It would be fun to see...exposing all the pussies and snowflakes for what they are. Like the OP.

It would also be good policy. Eliminating the draft was one of Carter's biggest mistakes.

Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution:

"The Congress shall have the power to...raise and support Armies..."

The power to compel citizens to serve in the "Army" is implicit in the power to raise "Armies." Even with today's "all volunteer army" if a need arose that demanded more soldiers than were willing to enlist, the Congress could re-establish the draft and compel the selected people to serve. If they refused, they would be subject to legal sanctions, up to and including execution for treason.

Recent changes in law and interpretations of the Constitution would require that any new Draft law be somewhat different than in the past, including women as draftees, but the basic right to have a military draft is clearly Constitutional.

It would be fun to see...exposing all the pussies and snowflakes for what they are. Like the OP.

It would also be good policy. Eliminating the draft was one of Carter's biggest mistakes.

Carter? You may want to fact-check yourself.

Where is it written in the constitution that you make take children from their parents, and parents from their children, and compel them to fight the battles of any war in which the folly of government may engage in?!

The Militia Clause in the Constitution gave Congress the authority to organize and arm the militia. The First Militia Act of 1792 put the States' militias under the authority of the President. The Second Militia Act of 1792 called for the conscription (draft) of every "free able-bodied white male citizen" between the ages of 18 and 45 into a local militia company. Congress passed it, G. Washington signed it.

During the Civil War, it was expanded to include all males 18 to 54, regardless of color.

Forum List

Back