CDZ The Downside of Tax Reform

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Corporations and the top 5% of income earners will move to the low SALT states.

High SALT states will go bankrupt and most of the officeholders and many Bureaucrats in those states will go to jail.

What's not to like about rewarding the R/Trump faithful in this way?

Well most of the bureaucrats are cops, firemen, teachers and so forth. Odds are that the actual workers:

1) can't survive on their pension if they stay in the state where they earned it.

2) the states in many cases have opted out of social security and medicare.

3) those states have also looted the pension funds.

4) There is less blowback if benefits are only available in state during bankruptcy.

This is likely going to be a major problem.

High SALT states will go bankrupt and most of the officeholders and many Bureaucrats in those states will go to jail.

Well most of the bureaucrats are cops, firemen, teachers and so forth. Odds are that the actual workers:

1) can't survive on their pension if they stay in the state where they earned it.

4) There is less blowback if benefits are only available in state during bankruptcy.

The left wing knuttjobs in Blue states love high taxes.
That is why they elected Democrats.
They have no room to complain.
Just raise their taxes some more.

These are one party states, with massive voter fraud and hired thugs to make sure they stay that way.

No shit it's going to be a major problem. And those high SALT states are still doing the same thing that got them where they are now - in deep kimchee (sp?). Many of these states have the requirement to pay public pensions and benefits written into their state constitution or into state law, so it's going to take their state gov't to reverse course and I don't see that happening. Hard to believe the people living in those states haven't kicked these fools out of office, but they haven't so shame on 'em. They made their bed, now they're going to have to lie in it. Stupidity is not a crime but you do have to suffer the consequences of stupid decisions.

These are one party states, with massive voter fraud and hired thugs to make sure they stay that way.

Massive voter fraud and hired thugs? Which states? What do the thugs do? Do you have any links?

Here read this book , everything you need to know

The Americans.jpg

The Hells Angels were born in the Bay area, MS-13 was born in LA and NYC is the only city in the world that supports five Mafia families. it takes a lot of juice for gangs that criminal to stay in the same place for so long. And California specializes in having districts with more votes than eligible voters.

I don't have much of a problem with this tax cut bill, but I do not like increasing the debt that we have to pay interest on. Make no mistake, we don't pay a heckuva lot of interest these days cuz the interest rate is really low, but as the debt principal goes higher and the interest rates rise then the only possible result is higher interest payments that according to some will approach a trillion dollars a year just in interest payments. And that's within the next 10 years, maybe less. To me, that's unconscionable but I can also see the need to cut tax rates to make the US more competitive with the rest of the world.

For me, the issue isn't less revenue coming in, it's way too much spending going out. And that means the entitlement programs have to be reformed somehow, you can't make enough cuts anywhere else. Has to be done and pretty soon too.

I don't have much of a problem with this tax cut bill, but I do not like increasing the debt that we have to pay interest on. Make no mistake, we don't pay a heckuva lot of interest these days cuz the interest rate is really low, but as the debt principal goes higher and the interest rates rise then the only possible result is higher interest payments that according to some will approach a trillion dollars a year just in interest payments. And that's within the next 10 years, maybe less. To me, that's unconscionable but I can also see the need to cut tax rates to make the US more competitive with the rest of the world.

For me, the issue isn't less revenue coming in, it's way too much spending going out. And that means the entitlement programs have to be reformed somehow, you can't make enough cuts anywhere else. Has to be done and pretty soon too.

True but with the opioid epidemic the proven solution of linking eligibility to life expectancy will not work.

True but with the opioid epidemic the proven solution of linking eligibility to life expectancy will not work.

Possibly you have somewhat overestimated the consequences of the opioid epidemic and underestimated the benefits in advances to health care treatments. All I know is, the current system is unsustainable and has to be changed.

Possibly you have somewhat overestimated the consequences of the opioid epidemic and underestimated the benefits in advances to health care treatments. All I know is, the current system is unsustainable and has to be changed.

True but for the last two years US life expectancy has been dropping. due to knock on disease effects from shared needles and such it will stay down for 3-5 years. Fact, not criticism since I agree with you/

The really big problem....those blue state residents who destroyed their blue state by raising taxes, spending with no limits, destroying the business climate and driving businesses to Red states, attacked the police so the crime rates went through the roof.......are now taking those policies with them to Red States...as Mark Levin once pointed out, left wingers are like locusts...they destroy state after state, moving on when the state they previously inhabited and ruled is no longer habitable because of their policies.....time to build walls around Red States to keep blue state refugees out...

CDZ buddy

Maybe you accidentally grabbed this off the active topics list but its in the CDZ.

Forum List

Back