The Downside of Cruises

Discussion in 'Travel' started by DGS49, Oct 9, 2017.

1. malnila

malnila Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    That's what I love about a cruise. Get a touch of what a place is like before you commit longer time and money to just one or two places. The longest cruise I've been on was for 12 days and a few of the places we stopped, I didn't get off because I had already spent a week at each place prior. This allowed me to enjoy the ship amenities without the crowds since most we "on shore."

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58,090
    Agree

Many islands I would not want to visit again, others I would gladly return for a week or two
    Some ports I just skip because I have been there before and don't want to take another bus trip to look at run down shacks or visit a skanky beach

I did a 12 day Med cruise where you visited a new country every day. Exhausting, but a great way to sample southern Europe

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. malnila

malnila Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    LOL We must have taken the same Med cruise. I did get to experience some ports in countries I had previously been to but not these ports so I thoroughly enjoyed those.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1