The Donald Undone: Tilting At The Swamp, Succumbing To The Empire

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'You can't build the Empire and drain the Swamp at the same time. That's because the Swamp is largely the fruit of Empire. And it's also the reason that the Donald is being rapidly undone.

Indeed, it is the Empire's $800 billion national security budget which feeds Washington's vast complex of weapons suppliers, intelligence contractors, national security bureaucrats, NGOs, think tanks, K-street lobbies, so-called "law" firms and all-purpose racketeers. It's what accounts for the Imperial City's unseemly and ill-gotten prosperity.

It goes without saying that the number one priority of these denizens of Empire is to keep the gravy train rolling. That is accomplished by inventing and exaggerating threats to America's homeland security and by formulating far-flung and misbegotten missions designed to extend and reinforce Washington's global hegemony.

As we demonstrate elsewhere, a true homeland security defense budget would consist of the strategic nuclear triad and modest conventional forces to defend the nation's shoreline and air space; it would cost about $250 billion per year plus a few $10 billion more for a State Department which minded its own business.

So the $500 billion difference is the fiscal cost of Empire, which is pushing the US toward an immense generational fiscal crisis. But it's also a measure of the giant larder that fills the Swamp with the projects and busywork of Washington's global hegemony.

In fact, it is the vasty deep of that $500 billion larder which gives rise to the forces that not only thwart the Donald's desire to drain the Swamp, but actually enlist him the cause of deepening its brackish waters.

Moreover, these missions encompass far more than direct military occupations, such as in Afghanistan and Iraq; or indirect aggressions, such as in Washington's arming of anti-government terrorists in Syria and facilitating and supplying Saudi Arabia's genocidal bombing campaign in Yemen; or even the kind of rank provocation implicit in the 29,000 troops Washington still bivouacs on the Korean peninsula 65 years after the war there ended and the thousands of US and NATO forces which conduct virtually constant maneuvers and war games on the very borders of Russia.'

Of course, he is right. Trump has not drained the swamp - with his huge military spending increases and massive deficit ballooning - he has just made it larger.

So much for 'America First'.

...Of course, he is right. Trump has not drained the swamp - with his huge military spending increases and massive deficit ballooning - he has just made it larger....

Indeed

I wouldn't call it "his spending" though, maybe you didn't notice but most of the #resistance democrats voted for the beautiful war budget, didn't really object to more tax cuts for the rich, gave the Orwellian spy agencies even more power and love the new & improved cold war...

:coffee:

'You can't build the Empire and drain the Swamp at the same time. That's because the Swamp is largely the fruit of Empire. And it's also the reason that the Donald is being rapidly undone.

Indeed, it is the Empire's $800 billion national security budget which feeds Washington's vast complex of weapons suppliers, intelligence contractors, national security bureaucrats, NGOs, think tanks, K-street lobbies, so-called "law" firms and all-purpose racketeers. It's what accounts for the Imperial City's unseemly and ill-gotten prosperity.

It goes without saying that the number one priority of these denizens of Empire is to keep the gravy train rolling. That is accomplished by inventing and exaggerating threats to America's homeland security and by formulating far-flung and misbegotten missions designed to extend and reinforce Washington's global hegemony.

As we demonstrate elsewhere, a true homeland security defense budget would consist of the strategic nuclear triad and modest conventional forces to defend the nation's shoreline and air space; it would cost about $250 billion per year plus a few $10 billion more for a State Department which minded its own business.

So the $500 billion difference is the fiscal cost of Empire, which is pushing the US toward an immense generational fiscal crisis. But it's also a measure of the giant larder that fills the Swamp with the projects and busywork of Washington's global hegemony.

In fact, it is the vasty deep of that $500 billion larder which gives rise to the forces that not only thwart the Donald's desire to drain the Swamp, but actually enlist him the cause of deepening its brackish waters.

Moreover, these missions encompass far more than direct military occupations, such as in Afghanistan and Iraq; or indirect aggressions, such as in Washington's arming of anti-government terrorists in Syria and facilitating and supplying Saudi Arabia's genocidal bombing campaign in Yemen; or even the kind of rank provocation implicit in the 29,000 troops Washington still bivouacs on the Korean peninsula 65 years after the war there ended and the thousands of US and NATO forces which conduct virtually constant maneuvers and war games on the very borders of Russia.'

Of course, he is right. Trump has not drained the swamp - with his huge military spending increases and massive deficit ballooning - he has just made it larger.

Holy shit.

That is definitely NOT the sort of post I would expect from you.

Instead of "Orange man Bad," it is reasoned argument as to why he is a fraud.

Nice job.

• Banned

Holy shit.

Nice job.

Thanks, but I didn't write it. David Stockman did...I just am posting it (though I do agree with it).

I always thought he was a joke as a man (Trump).

But he had some good thoughts (the U-3 is a 'hoax', the equity markets are a 'big, fat, ugly bubble, etc.). Plus some of his foreign policy/economic ideas were good (leave NATO, get out of Afghanistan, 'fire' the Fed, lower the deficit). But he went back on ALL of that - and he completely lost me.

Last edited:

Holy shit.

Nice job.

Thanks, but I didn't right it. David Stockman did...I just am posting it (though I do agree with it).

I always thought he was a joke as a man.

But he had some good ideas (the U-3 is a 'hoax', the equity markets are a 'big, fat, ugly bubble, etc.). Plus some of his foreign policy ideas were good (leave NATO, get out of Afghanistan, 'fire' the Fed, lower the deficit). But he went back on ALL of that - and he completely lost me.

Well said, I couldn't agree more! Some things he talked about originally I totally agreed with, but watching this man my whole adult life I knew he had no intention of doing them!

Holy shit.

Nice job.

Thanks, but I didn't right it. David Stockman did...I just am posting it (though I do agree with it).

But he had some good ideas (the U-3 is a 'hoax', the equity markets are a 'big, fat, ugly bubble, etc.). Plus some of his foreign policy ideas were good (leave NATO, get out of Afghanistan, 'fire' the Fed, lower the deficit). But he went back on ALL of that - and he completely lost me.

Well said, I couldn't agree more! Some things he talked about originally I totally agreed with, but watching this man my whole adult life I knew he had no intention of doing them!
All of us can argue forever whether he had the intention of doing them or not. We can all agree that his personal business empire is more important to him.

The power of propaganda, is that is tends to corrupt our thoughts.

Obama had intended to get out of Afghanistan and close Gitmo. We all know how that went.

Perhaps he really does want to, but he is calculating how much he can reasonably do, compared to what it will personally cost him.

Hell, he doesn't even have the decency to divest the income from his hotel businesses, that should tell a lot right there.

Personally, I HOPE the establishment wins it's emoluments case against him, maybe then he will hit back by making good on some of these promises we KNOW how he feels on.

By forcing him to clean up HIS act, he might just force D.C. and the nation to clean up theirs????

This establishment is more powerful than anyone man. Whose to say he still doesn't have that desire?

Holy shit.

Nice job.

All of us can argue forever whether he had the intention of doing them or not. We can all agree that his personal business empire is more important to him.

Obama had intended to get out of Afghanistan and close Gitmo. We all know how that went.

Perhaps he really does want to, but he is calculating how much he can reasonably do, compared to what it will personally cost him.

Hell, he doesn't even have the decency to divest the income from his hotel businesses, that should tell a lot right there.

Personally, I HOPE the establishment wins it's emoluments case against him, maybe then he will hit back by making good on some of these promises we KNOW how he feels on.

By forcing him to clean up HIS act, he might just force D.C. and the nation to clean up theirs????

This establishment is more powerful than anyone man. Whose to say he still doesn't have that desire?

He is in this only for him. He doesn't and never has given a fuck about you or me or this country. It is only about Donald Trump.

There is good reason Stockman is called Gloomasarus and a blithering idiot.

That drivel helps confirm it

There is good reason Stockman is called Gloomasarus and a blithering idiot.

That drivel helps confirm it

You loons quote these people and have no clue of what they've said and done. As long as it's anti Trump you're all on board. Mental midgets

Yet Individual 1 has been accused by the DoJ of directing crimes. A strange system of values is revealed.

Holy shit.

Nice job.

He is in this only for him. He doesn't and never has given a fuck about you or me or this country. It is only about Donald Trump.

I suppose, if we believe the corporate media.

I'm not sure that is entirely the case.

Why would anyone want to put themselves through everything that this guy is going through, and put their family through everything that they are going through?

I don't think the gains are really worth the costs. IT makes no logical sense.

Before Trump, Wall Street moved manufacturing to China, allowed dumping of steel and aluminum, allowed dumping of foreign made cars, while having high tariffs on US cars, allowed US corporations (like Pfizer) to move overseas to avoid the US tax rates, the healthcare system didn't work because the deductibles prohibited doctor visits, regulations were killing industry, illegals were undercutting US workers, the opioid crisis was killing 70,000 a year, new pipeline construction was halted by Obama, kids were graduating college with massive debt and no jobs, there was minimal family formation, the US society was being transformed into Mexico with a few billionaires and the rest peons selling drugs to survive.

Trump is transforming the US back to the way it should be, with jobs and prosperity.

Forum List

Back