The Do Nothing Party

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
After the less than inspiring Ripublicrat answer to Obama's speech by Piyush Jindal, governer of Louissianna, we continue to see the policy of this semi comatose party is to do nothing, bitch a lot about spedning and hope Obama fails. They have truly become the do nothing party and are starting to pay for that.

Another day, another no vote.

After near-unanimous Republican congressional opposition to President Barack Obama’s stimulus package and a week dominated by headlines of GOP governors poised to reject stimulus funding, House Republicans followed up with another resounding “no” on the $410 billion omnibus spending package Wednesday.

This time, though, 16 members broke from the party line on a vote Minority Whip Eric Cantor had urged his colleagues to reject. And the cracks in the facade appear to be the first public signal of Republican rank-and-file squeamishness with a remarkably high-risk strategy that promises an uncertain return.

For Republicans, a central question looms: Is saying no to Obama’s agenda the way to get voters to say yes to an already beleaguered GOP brand?

Despite two consecutive election thrashings, and despite Obama’s high approval ratings and their own low standing, Republicans have wagered that the return to the majority is paved by unwavering opposition to further spending, an audacious bet that won’t pay out for another 21 months.

If Republicans are right, the economy will remain in tatters(this is their great patriotic plan?) and voters will recognize in 2010 that the recovery was delayed by profligate Democrats and their president.

GOP at risk of becoming party in the no

And the dimocrats are the party of dopes

can we kill them all ( Repudlicans and Dimocrats) and start anew?

You lost, we won, and now Obama has people loving the direction for the speech at an 80% level.

Sky the R party killed its self.

If only they had done nothing - but what they did was squander the surplus, start insane wars, worship at the altar of greed, fall asleep during Katrina, etc etc etc etc ......

I only wish both parties were "do nothings". Doing things is why we are in such a "pickle".

I think this is one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard.

Oh look, a liberal elistist looking down on everyone!:clap2: Hint...you didn't hear shit in my post, you "saw" something you thought was stupid, now who is stupid again?

Last edited:
This just shows how fucked up our party system is.

The Dems are voting yes for something they voted no in the last admin.

The Reps are not voting for what they voted yes in the last admin.

Really ... what's the difference here?

I have a personal rule that made me never trust Obama, and also it's the same rule that made me not trust Bush Jr.. It goes something like this:

If they are too articulate it's usually because they are either hiding something or have nothing else to offer. However, if they cannot speak clearly then they are probably not good enough to lead.

If only they had done nothing - but what they did was squander the surplus, start insane wars, worship at the altar of greed, fall asleep during Katrina, etc etc etc etc ......

And dimocrats worship at the altars of entitlements and income redistribution class warfare and jealousy

I have a personal rule that made me never trust Obama, and also it's the same rule that made me not trust Bush Jr.. It goes something like this:

If they are too articulate it's usually because they are either hiding something or have nothing else to offer. However, if they cannot speak clearly then they are probably not good enough to lead.

Excellent system.

NEVER allow yourself to be LEAD.

Think for YOURSELF.

Excellent system.

NEVER allow yourself to be LEAD.

Think for YOURSELF.

Being "lead" and thinking for oneself is really two different issues. A leader is suppose to coordinate efforts for a large group to benefit said large group, a good leader will still allow the individuals freedom while keeping the cohesion.

Which is why I'm and Independent. I don't vote along party lines, I vote for whoever I think will be a better person to serve.

Dems have their share of shitheads.......Jefferson, Clinton, Pelosi, Harry Reid, etc.

So do Repugnicans..........Cheney, Bush Jr., Scooter Libby, Karl Rove, etc.

I say vote out all the incumbents and then start over.

Personally? I'd like to see the presidential election start in November 2011, and go up until Nov 2012. Take away the parties, and it should be every campaign for itself, with no runoff elections for the parties, just blocks of who has the most votes.

Can you imagine what an election would look like with 5 viable candidates on the ballot?

Which is why I'm and Independent. I don't vote along party lines, I vote for whoever I think will be a better person to serve.

Dems have their share of shitheads.......Jefferson, Clinton, Pelosi, Harry Reid, etc.

So do Repugnicans..........Cheney, Bush Jr., Scooter Libby, Karl Rove, etc.

I say vote out all the incumbents and then start over.

Personally? I'd like to see the presidential election start in November 2011, and go up until Nov 2012. Take away the parties, and it should be every campaign for itself, with no runoff elections for the parties, just blocks of who has the most votes.

Can you imagine what an election would look like with 5 viable candidates on the ballot?

I liked Hillary Clinton ... mostly because her ideals and promises were more across party lines than Obama.

Forum List

Back