The Dixie Chicks

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
This should open up a can of worms but I just saw one of their old videos on CMT and it made me wonder what they were up to now.

Two Dixie Chicks Talk About Their Court Yard Hounds Project.
Court Yard Hounds, a side project formed by sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison. These two have been the mainstays of the Chicks since they formed that band more than two decades ago, but they've never taken on frontwoman roles before now. Even in the band's pre-Natalie Maines days, they stuck to background vocals in support of a couple of other lead singers. But for the Hounds' self-titled debut, which comes out in May, Robison in particular steps up to the microphone and into the spotlight.

CMT : News : Two Dixie Chicks Talk About Their Court Yard Hounds Project

There was a time I liked the Dixie Chicks but after their dumb assed comments about President Bush they fell from grace with me. Fuck 'em. All entertainers should leave politics out of their public voice and stick to being entertainers. I pay to see them perform - not to listen to their political spin.

Last edited:
There was a time I liked the Dixie Chicks but after their dumb assed comments about President Bush they fell from grace with me. Fuck 'em. All entertainers should leave politics out of their public voice and stick to being entertainers. I pay to see them perform - not to listen to their political spin.

Sooooo........ entertainers don't have the right to free speech in public? :eusa_eh:
Doesn't sound like you BBD.
Now considering their genre, of which the majority of their consumers are probably the most patriotic feeling people in the nation, it was not a wise move on Natilie's part and given the location........ That was really stupid.

Having free speech is awesome, knowing when not to exercise it... priceless. :dunno:

I take it you didn't like Ronald Reagan! After all he was an entertainer.

i bet you dont feel that way about toby keith now do you?

If you're referencing the Natalie instigated "war" with Toby, Toby's song did not say what Natalie claimed it did and while she continued to openly "prosecute" her war Toby did the right thing and turned his back on her and left her to her "strident shrieking".

Sooooo........ entertainers don't have the right to free speech in public? :eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh:

Sooooo....... BBD doesn't have the right to not patronize entertainers who exploit a captive audience to soapbox about politics?

This should open up a can of worms but I just saw one of their old videos on CMT and it made me wonder what they were up to now.

Court Yard Hounds, a side project formed by sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison. These two have been the mainstays of the Chicks since they formed that band more than two decades ago, but they've never taken on frontwoman roles before now. Even in the band's pre-Natalie Maines days, they stuck to background vocals in support of a couple of other lead singers. But for the Hounds' self-titled debut, which comes out in May, Robison in particular steps up to the microphone and into the spotlight.

They still exist? I thought they vanished in a puff of irrelevancy.

Sooooo....... BBD doesn't have the right to not patronize entertainers who exploit a captive audience to soapbox about politics?

Soooooo..... still looking for where I said that........ nope, not there..... nope, not there either....... Okay Natalie, quit making shit up.......

Soooooo..... still looking for where I said that........ nope, not there..... nope, not there either....... Okay Natalie, quit making shit up.......

I guess you missed the part where I was satirizing the fact that BBD never said entertainers don't have the right to free speech in public.

Better luck next time. :thup:

They were decent for country.

country anymore is nothing but pop rock with a twangy guitar

I guess you missed the part where I was satirizing the fact that BBD never said entertainers don't have the right to free speech in public.

Better luck next time. :thup:

Obviously...... maybe the satire was not...... obvious...... :thup:
:D

Last edited:

It seems they offended their listening base and it was career suicide...

They were 14.99 and now they're bargain bin...

It seems they offended their listening base and it was career suicide...

They were 14.99 and now they're bargain bin...

Not really, While the backlash against them was strident and sometimes vicious it wasn't as big as many thought it to be. They continued to have successful tours and went on to win Grammys and were together as a band until just recently. Me, I'm not that worried about it, the biggest issue in my mind was their airing our (national) dirty laundry, so to speak, in front of the neighbors and Natalie's ridiculously moronic interpretation of Toby's song. :dunno:

Forum List

Back