The Divider in Chief...

Government has no place dealing with social issues at all. This is why the nation is so divided. The government is supposed to be limited to dealing only with it's own legitimate functions. When it strayed into social issues, the govenment became polariazed with the division getting wider and deeper all the time.

Many people will disagree and thus we are divided. Obama is not doing the dividing, the issues are. And as I said, depending on which party holds the Executive branch, the other side will say the president is divisive because he subscribes to many of the opposite beliefs.

I didn't like Bush's policies for the most part and there are some dem presidents whose policies I didn't care for because I'm an independent. Although I support Obama over Romney, I don't agree with all the things Obama has done but I find myself agreeing with MUCH LESS of what Romney has done and says he will do. IMO, Romney would be a "divider" if we are going to blame the presidency itself.

Have we seen charges that a president was a divider before?
It seems that this concept isn't anything new. When "W" was prez, he was the divider, now Obama is the divider. Is whoever is the next president also going to be the next "the Divider"?

Last edited:
Every time the government interjects itself in social issues, it is less able to deal with its legitimate issues. Rather than vote on who could negotiate the most favorable treaty or protect the nation, the decision includes whether gays should get married or the homeless be able to shit in the street. The more divisive the issues are, the more divided the government becomes.

Romney would be despised by the left, the same way obama is despised by the right. We have just gone too far into polarization to be expected for one man to keep us together.

Every time the government interjects itself in social issues, it is less able to deal with its legitimate issues. Rather than vote on who could negotiate the most favorable treaty or protect the nation, the decision includes whether gays should get married or the homeless be able to shit in the street. The more divisive the issues are, the more divided the government becomes.

Romney would be despised by the left, the same way obama is despised by the right. We have just gone too far into polarization to be expected for one man to keep us together.

Yep.

This is going to take bravery on the part of many people. Our "leaders" in DC have to stop putting their careers over the people and start publicly speaking out and publicly working together. It has to start somewhere and I don't care who does it.

It seems that this concept isn't anything new. When "W" was prez, he was the divider, now Obama is the divider. Is whoever is the next president also going to be the next "the Divider"?

Bush did not get out in front of the "American" people and divide us into classes and races like this bastard and his ENTIRE political party are doing.

Yes, Bush was a lightning rod, but he didn't go out and intentionally divide us... sorry Bro, I dont agree at all.

Government has no place dealing with social issues at all. This is why the nation is so divided. The government is supposed to be limited to dealing only with it's own legitimate functions. When it strayed into social issues, the govenment became polariazed with the division getting wider and deeper all the time.

Many people will disagree and thus we are divided. Obama is not doing the dividing, the issues are. And as I said, depending on which party holds the Executive branch, the other side will say the president is divisive because he subscribes to many of the opposite beliefs.

I didn't like Bush's policies for the most part and there are some dem presidents whose policies I didn't care for because I'm an independent. Although I support Obama over Romney, I don't agree with all the things Obama has done but I find myself agreeing with MUCH LESS of what Romney has done and says he will do. IMO, Romney would be a "divider" if we are going to blame the presidency itself.

I disagree, the reason is, Obama has blamed Bush for the financial woes, blamed doctors and insurance for the health care woes, blamed the rich for the spending deficit, blamed Republicans for congressional woes, you have the clinging to their guns statement. His statement to small business and the list goes on and on.

In business, you learn real fast not to bad mouth your competition and highlight your successes and what you can do for them. Obama being a servant of the people should realize the privilege bestowed upon him by our people.

Bush did not get out in front of the "American" people and divide us into classes and races like this bastard and his ENTIRE political party are doing.

Yes, Bush was a lightning rod, but he didn't go out and intentionally divide us... sorry Bro, I dont agree at all.

Sure he didnt "intentionally" do it...it just happened. Just dont pay attention to the several stories I posted that says otherwise. Gotta keep that bubble nice and neat yanno?

I disagree, the reason is, Obama has blamed Bush for the financial woes, blamed doctors and insurance for the health care woes, blamed the rich for the spending deficit, blamed Republicans for congressional woes, you have the clinging to their guns statement. His statement to small business and the list goes on and on.

In business, you learn real fast not to bad mouth your competition and highlight your successes and what you can do for them. Obama being a servant of the people should realize the privilege bestowed upon him by our people.

Bush policies contributed to our financial woes
Health care costs have continued to go up
Tax cuts for the rich while fighting 2 wars contributed to the massive debt
Republicans block everything...so nothing passes, it's someone's fault
People are clinging to their guns

So what about any of that isnt true? Do you also see him as a divider for saying their is a difference between wind and solar energy too? Dividing Sun from Wind?

The only way he couldn't divide is to say Nothing is wrong and everything is my fault....no wait, that would be dividing the Executive branch from the Congressional...hmmm...How could Obama ever meet such ridiculous standards?

He cant...thats the rights whole point. How many times have the right said that Obama has not united all of us? Or eliminated US debt? Or hasnt walked on water?

See a pattern?

There is no doubt there is a culture war between the left and the right, both groups drop divisive bombs.. Actually the right and left really got nasty following the 2000 election, because of Florida Bush/Gore match up and it carried over to Iraq (with a brief recess of the nasty ala 9/11). Both sides have said some incredible things about their foe. Thusly, nothing gets done for you. I and the rest of America.
I'm not a fan of Obama but I do think the right is doing what the left did during "W's" years.
I hate the polarization that this country has been forced to live with. :eusa_hand:

Bush policies contributed to our financial woes
Health care costs have continued to go up
Tax cuts for the rich while fighting 2 wars contributed to the massive debt
Republicans block everything...so nothing passes, it's someone's fault
People are clinging to their guns

So what about any of that isnt true? Do you also see him as a divider for saying their is a difference between wind and solar energy too? Dividing Sun from Wind?

The only way he couldn't divide is to say Nothing is wrong and everything is my fault....no wait, that would be dividing the Executive branch from the Congressional...hmmm...How could Obama ever meet such ridiculous standards?

He cant...thats the rights whole point. How many times have the right said that Obama has not united all of us? Or eliminated US debt? Or hasnt walked on water?

See a pattern?

I disagree, we were holding bad debt, business, consumer and government were way over their heads on debt. The banks using derivatives probably held off the collapse for several years. In the 90's we were talking about the impending collapse, we the dot com burst in 2000-2001, most thought it was going to be worse, then after 9/11 we should have headed over a cliff. We just found one last way to hold off the inevitable. You may blame Bush but I blame the lack of government, business and consumers self control on spending, I also blame government policies that started decades before Bush.

Healthcare costs still continue to increase but why was Obama blaming doctors and insurance for it all? It is a bad, broken system and it needed fixing but to blame just insurance and doctors was plain ignorant of the whole issue.

The rich did not vote the tax cuts for themselves and even the middle class got breaks, but to blame the rich now after you had two years to fix it and did nothing is again a play for division.

Nothing passing is just not the fault of Republicans, there are two parties and when one party tables every issue, they are contributing.

What purpose did Obama have in making the statement about "people clinging to their guns? It was a uncalled for statement to pit an elite class against the know nothing rednecks, that is pure and simple.

It is his intent when he speaks, he can put thing differently and heal or he can use his language skill to cause division.

He has a very good speaking ability and I respect it, however I am sometimes suspect on how he uses his ability.

Forum List

Back