The Discombobulated, Fascist, Populism of Donald J. Trump Will Be Checked

John Baron

Dec 22, 2016
Hip Pocket of Putin The Conqueror
In 1995, the brilliant novelist, and semiotician Umberto Eco wrote "There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People." Discussing fascism, specifically Ur-Fascism, Eco wrote "Mussolini did not have any philosophy: he had only rhetoric." Followers of Trump have claimed to be representing the people, and no one has accused the President-elect of having any of that philosophy stuff. But he scores well on the rhetoric count. Why I wouldn't be surprised to find a Trump supporter paraphrasing GoeringWhen I hear talk of philosophy coming from the establishment or media, I reach for my gun

Contrary to fringe nonsense, neither Presidents Bush or Obama were dictators nor tyrants, and I do not expect the President-elect to become one. I do however, believe the President-elect to be a pushing a populist, fascisti message that appeals to those that considers themselves to be representative of the so-called middle class. This segment of the American electorate feels left out and invisible, left behind and abandoned; and it is angry and frustrated, and during the 2016 campaign, it was often "vicious and violent."

In a Letter to the Editor found online, a reader wrote of President-elect Trump "He has accomplished more before he is sworn in than any president-elect in recent memory." Maybe this reader watches FOX New's Bill O'Reilly, who has declared the the War on Christmas to be over? And not to worry, Mr. O'Reilly has also informed the people, that the President-elect is on the case of the War on Christmas: the war "That Had To Be Lost To Be Won.

I do not expect the President-elect to become a dictator or a tyrant because, I believe our system of government is rigged against dictators and tyrants, and while the President-elect may Tweet Unfair! Unfair ... as he is wont to do, we have that dusty old document, written and ratified by a bunch of old, dead, white men to thank for this fact. Oh, the irony!

Irony abounds, and I miss Umberto Eco. In this new un-pc world Donald J.Trump is ushering in, Eco would have written precious gems of "words that count."

Last edited:
I do however, believe the President-elect to be a pushing a populist, fascisti message that appeals to those that considers themselves to be representative of the so-called middle class. This segment of the American electorate feels left out and invisible, left behind and abandoned; and it is angry and frustrated, and during the 2016 campaign, it was often vicious and violent.
That sounds like a Democrat's robo call message. Trump would love to be dictator because he's just a guy with an opinion who thinks he's right and doesn't want to hear it if anyone disagrees. Like the guy at the bar holding forth on Friday afternoons. But the middle class stuff? People have been upset with politicians for a long time, but if they were so angry and frustrated and vicious, why do more than half of them love Obama? Yes, Trump spoke to a certain "base" who reveled in his political uncorrectness and dislike of illegal immigrants. But he never could have won without a WHOLE lot of perfectly normal, decent, unantagonistic Republicans and evangelicals who held their noses and voted for him due to the Republican agenda and/or the SC picks.
Trump supporters are not lunatics, nor are they wishing for a dictator. I live amongst a WHOLE BUNCH of them, and I can attest, they're normal folks.

I do however, believe the President-elect to be a pushing a populist, fascisti message that appeals to those that considers themselves to be representative of the so-called middle class. This segment of the American electorate feels left out and invisible, left behind and abandoned; and it is angry and frustrated, and during the 2016 campaign, it was often vicious and violent.

The rage is legit, totally, albeit misdirected, and a direct result of failed neoliberal policies and fallout. But the system remains untouched and unaltered, utterly devoid of any mechanism of, or urge to engage in, self correction. All the power structure needs to do is keep the masses turned upon each other.

While Obama continues to wipe his ass with our Constitution, our next president has a mind to restore it, and the laws that have protected us since it's inception. It is why we elected him.
I'm afraid Trump wouldn't know the Constitution from a Sears Roebuck catalog, dear.
But that's why we have lots of folk in Washington that can direct him, if he will listen.

While Obama continues to wipe his ass with our Constitution, our next president has a mind to restore it, and the laws that have protected us since it's inception. It is why we elected him.
I'm afraid Trump wouldn't know the Constitution from a Sears Roebuck catalog, dear.
But that's why we have lots of folk in Washington that can direct him, if he will listen.

Remember when Obama, the Constitutional Scholar, was surprised that the Supreme Court might overturn a popular law?

That was so much fun.

This segment of the American electorate feels left out and invisible, left behind and abandoned; and it is angry and frustrated, and during the 2016 campaign, it was often "vicious and violent."
I guess you were passed out when Project Veritas exposed Hillary-approved Dem dirty tricks machine paying violent agitators at Trump rallies to make it appear Trump supporters were violent. It worked with at least one person: you. My guess is that this guy is your sole news source:

In 1995, the brilliant novelist, and semiotician Umberto Eco wrote "There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People." Discussing fascism, specifically Ur-Fascism, Eco wrote "Mussolini did not have any philosophy: he had only rhetoric." Followers of Trump have claimed to be representing the people, and no one has accused the President-elect of having any of that philosophy stuff. But he scores well on the rhetoric count. Why I wouldn't be surprised to find a Trump supporter paraphrasing GoeringWhen I hear talk of philosophy coming from the establishment or media, I reach for my gun

Contrary to fringe nonsense, neither Presidents Bush or Obama were dictators nor tyrants, and I do not expect the President-elect to become one. I do however, believe the President-elect to be a pushing a populist, fascisti message that appeals to those that considers themselves to be representative of the so-called middle class. This segment of the American electorate feels left out and invisible, left behind and abandoned; and it is angry and frustrated, and during the 2016 campaign, it was often "vicious and violent."

In a Letter to the Editor found online, a reader wrote of President-elect Trump "He has accomplished more before he is sworn in than any president-elect in recent memory." Maybe this reader watches FOX New's Bill O'Reilly, who has declared the the War on Christmas to be over? And not to worry, Mr. O'Reilly has also informed the people, that the President-elect is on the case of the War on Christmas: the war "That Had To Be Lost To Be Won.

I do not expect the President-elect to become a dictator or a tyrant because, I believe our system of government is rigged against dictators and tyrants, and while the President-elect may Tweet Unfair! Unfair ... as he is wont to do, we have that dusty old document, written and ratified by a bunch of old, dead, white men to thank for this fact. Oh, the irony!

Irony abounds, and I miss Umberto Eco. In this new un-pc world Donald J.Trump is ushering in, Eco would have written precious gems of "words that count."
Speaking of discombobulated, did you even go back and read through this thing once before posting it.Every sentence in your piece is completely unrelated to every other sentence. It's like you had thirty Oberlin students independently pick at random any sentence from the Internet, shook them up, then wrote them down in the order you pulled them from a hat.

As the moonbat butthurt continues unabated.

Guess what, the government didn't just turn fascistic overnight because of one election.

CryFaces.jpg

High school or college freshman level.

Gag.

At least Donald won't ignore it like Hillary and Bill have.

At least Donald won't ignore it like Hillary and Bill have.
Sure he will, if it suits his purpose. Tell me one traditional expectation he HASN'T violated.

Trump laughs about his 'violent' supporters during Thank You tour

"pushing a populist, fascisti message that appeals to those that considers themselves to be representative of the so-called middle class"
Your thread started in the gutter and is going downhill from there. When you trot out Geobbels and fascism you aren't writing an op-ed. You are smearing shit in a forum. The Nazis and fascists were big government types, it's the only way to implement their policies. That's the left, not right.

And Trump is a populist but obama wasn't? You need to up your game if you want to smear your enemies. This is as low browed as it gets.

Forum List

Back