The Disaster Called the New Deal

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Levels of unemployment at the end of the 1930s remained at depression levels. Also, New Deal programs were financed in large part by the poor. At Roosevelt's behest, excise taxes were imposed on many popular items of consumption; and these weighed especially heavily on the impoverished. Blacks, in particular, fared very badly under Roosevelt, the supposed great exemplar of enlightened modern liberalism.

The Disaster Called the New Deal - David Gordon - Mises Institute

Goes into some detail about the problems of Roosevelt's New Deal.

Yes, how horrible that FDR's policies made us the world's leading superpower.

Are you serious?

Bretton Woods was a disaster, and his policies led to us deteriorating into a dependant society. We used to produce and make the most out of our lives with what we had. Now we're a bunch of whiny, demanding losers for the most part.

Did you go to the site and read the article? Have you ever actually indulged yourself in some Austrian thinking?

Speak for yourself.

We weren't a superpower before FDR got into office and that's good enough for me.

What you mean to say is that we weren't bankrupting ourselves and over-stretching our military for the benefit of other nations before FDR became President.

Speak for yourself.

We weren't a superpower before FDR got into office and that's good enough for me.

When you say superpower, what do you mean?

We forced the rest of the world to accept the Dollar. That doesn't make us "super", that makes us a bully Rav.

I'm a rightie who has no problem admitting any fuck-ups that have occured with righties at the helm, and there's a hell of a lot of them. I've yet to see one lefty EVER admit that just maybe, FDR messed up.

Speak for yourself.

LOL, we came to the scene as an emerging superpower after kicking Spain's butt in the Spainish-American War in the 1890s!

LOL, we came to the scene as an emerging superpower after kicking Spain's butt in the Spainish-American War in the 1890s!

Yeah but not completely, until we forced the rest of the world to accept the Dollar as the reserve currency. That pretty much gave us carte blanche to do whatever we wanted.

Forum List

Back