the disappearing male

people seem more than willing to continue to buy containmentated products from china....i wont feed my dogs food from china...i am not feeding my family that crap either....yes the plastics are being found to be worse and worse for people...

we have a lot of ground/water pollution from christimas tree growers..the trees are sprayed with a number of chemicals...that runs off in the ground water...we do not have a well due to this...this county has an amazing amount of "rare" childhood cancers.

We're really not doing much about the KNOWN chemicals that are polluting our lives.

But the chemicals in our lives that have never been tested, and the potential harm coming from the combinations of those untested chemical is a problem that we don't even talk about.

It took an organization I worked with here in Maine over ten years to force a polluting corporation to clean up a toxic mess that was polluting Mercury (both as vapor into the air and into the ground water and directly intothe Penobscot Bay) and they're STILL squabbling about how well they have to clean up after themselves, too.

And nobody desputes the toxicity of mercury!

Now imagine how hard it is to keep chemicals that we aren't sure about out of our lives.

Last edited:
But if you are talking about genes that is more complicated.
Even though a child's ultimate sex is determined at conception, an embryo doesn't start
developing into a boy or girl until about 6 weeks of pregnancy. If the child inherited a
Y chromosome from his father, a gene on the Y called the SRY gene turns on. This gene is
kind of a master switch that turns on all the other genes necessary to become a boy. If
this gene is not present, the embryo develops as a girl. That sounds very simple, but
there a many things that can go wrong in this process. Even though the SRY turns on the
other genes, if any of them are mutated, full sexual phenotype may not develop. For
example, testosterone, a male hormone, is responsible for beginning the development of male
characteristics. If this gene is mutated or the gene for their cell receptors is mutated,
male development won't begin and the child will be born looking like a female.

Sex Determination

basically the same book you are reading..

ok.

but this has always been the case, right bones? alot could have gone wrong with males 100 years ago or 1000 years ago, so what is making the rate of occurance go up now, if that's the theory?

care

Just evolution.

the balance is being struck here. there are too many people on the planet and the ecosystem is just balancing out. Since one male can impregnate many females and men are fertile and able to reproduce much longer than women, there is a biologic need for less males than females.
You assume an awareness or consciousness in evolutionary development.

are you gonna follow me around and bicker with me....of course its not fact ...sex is not deteremined at conception many times..or else we would not have intra-sexuals nor would we have transexuals for that matter.

Random genetic mutations do not change biological fact. That some people are born with a genetic mutation of having both sex organs does not change the fact that sex is determined at conception by the specific chromosome set contained in the sperm.

Maybe pagans read a different biology book, but mainstream America knows better. :cool:
fail

that's not a genetic mutation, numbnuts

Forum List

Back