The direction of unemployment insurance claims

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
JUST A ROUGH CHART TO SHOW YOU WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH THE CLAIMS NUMBERS IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS. LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES FROM OBAMA AND HIS CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION. That is all we get, and the bubble that he has created from all of this dishonesty will surely POP fairly soon.

lies.jpg

REMEMBER, saying you can adjust Unemployment Insurance Claims is like saying you can adjust death statistics for the season.

If 50,000 people die in one quarter from automobile accidents, Obama WOULD say that he can adjust that number to only 40,000 because it was not the season for that many people to die. Conversely, he can increase that number if he want to, and the SHEEPLE accept that nonsense as if it made sense.

Hey, 40,000 or 50,000 what does it matter as long as the remaining Sheeple do not die. Right?

He does that with Unemployment Insurance Claims and the Sheeple stand staring blankly at the numbers and chew their cud and think everything is fine while Big Bro repeatedly boasts that Unemployment is going down because we are decreasing the numbers to prove it. Claim after claim that UI is going down when it is actually soaring.

UNBELIEVABLE CORRUPTION!

Is this about how Obama scared all the other seasons away? Is it really about Michele, or maybe others, exposing pricey learning--however that is done(?))

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Did anyone actually say, "Boo!")

If all the info I've been reading and hearing about is false, where did YOU get your info from? Just curious. Point me in the right direction, and I will read with an open mind.

Last edited:
MY source? That is simple, the government. By law they have to show what the real raw data is, so they post it at their site. The news releases that they write for the public consumption are horribly biased and are used to move the market up or down as they please. It has gotten so outrageously out of control that they were nearly 200,000 people off in September. Here, look for yourself.

U.S. Department of Labor: Employment & Training Administration (ETA) News Releases

It is a sad state of affairs.

Boy I am sure glad that Bush did not spin the employment and economic numbers. Heck we might have had a recession if he had.

Is this about how Obama scared all the other seasons away? Is it really about Michele, or maybe others, exposing pricey learning--however that is done(?))

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Did anyone actually say, "Boo!")

AS I have posted on several occasions, the manipulation of the numbers has gotten to totally out of control that they were moving the numbers up one week and down the next and up another week and down the week after that and so on. If there was actually a need to not count the dead (unemployed) in one season and add their numbers to a following season, why were they adding and subtracting one week apart? Were the seasons only one week long????? Of course not. Is this administration of Obama and his minions totally corrupt. Of course!

ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report

Last edited:
there was actually a need to not count the dead (unemployed) in one season and add their numbers to a following season, why were they adding and subtracting one week apart? Were the seasons only one week long????? Of course not.
Wow, I think Neubarth is getting dumber. "Seasonal adjustment" does not mean literally Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, but only that at different times of the year, and yes that means individual weeks, there are regular, predictable increases or decreases that remain similar over time. If you didn't account for these regular variations, your month-to-month changes would be misleading.

It's like measuring water level in a seaside town. If you measured at high tide one day, and low tide another day, it would look like the water level was decreasing (and vice-versa). But the reality could be that the water level was getting higher. Or maybe was getting lower, but not as much as the high-low difference. So you have to factor out the normal effect of the tide. Same thing with the labor market.

People like Neubarth would claim that the job market was getting better every late November/early December when Christmas hiring starts and bemoan the declining market in Aug/Sept when students quit their summer jobs.

Health statistics, and many others, use annual figures, partly for this reason. Occupational injuries/deaths for example would rise every Spring (but not every month or week in spring) when new construction starts, as construction has a high rate of injury/death. But would that let us accurately judge real trends in overall safety? Of course not.

JUST A ROUGH CHART TO SHOW YOU WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH THE CLAIMS NUMBERS IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS. LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES FROM OBAMA AND HIS CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION. That is all we get, and the bubble that he has created from all of this dishonesty will surely POP fairly soon.

lies.jpg

Calm down.

What lies?

Obama's been saying that uemployment would continue to go up for months, now.

As has every other economist, incidently

Pay attention to the facts instead of the unreasoing anger in your heart, dude.

Now I understand why people are unhappy. I'm not thrilled with the way they've designed this so called bailout ,iether.

But spewing nothig but hysterical vitriol, and worse vitriol filled with misinformation (lies?) simply makes thpse opposing this administration's bailout look like a buch of goofy know-nothings.

lies.jpg

Calm down.

What lies?

Obama's been saying that uemployment would continue to go up for months, now.

As has every other economist, incidently

Pay attention to the facts instead of the unreasoing anger in your heart, dude.

Now I understand why people are unhappy. I'm not thrilled with the way they've designed this so called bailout ,iether.

But spewing nothig but hysterical vitriol, and worse vitriol filled with misinformation (lies?) simply makes thpse opposing this administration's bailout look like a buch of goofy know-nothings.

Untrue. Every news release from Washington has boasted of the decrease in Unemployment Insurance claims. Obama has spoken on the topic at least thirty times that I have counted. All of the bogus numbers are used to influence people into believing that things are improving. The only problem is all of those speeches were lies built upon lies built upon lies.

It is in the Unemployment figures that he lies most often. I call it for what it is and as I remind people, I have been a life long DEmocrat. I am fed up with all of the lies and deception of his horribly corrupt administration. He is in bed with the Big Bankers and everybody knows it. Cash for Bankers and support of their corruption has become his policy.

He has encouraged Goldman Sachs to manipulate the Stock Market with their end of day Machine Trading. They openly boast of it and how effective it is in moving the market on light trading days. That shit has got to stop. Goldman has the market horribly overvalued by a factor of four for all stocks and a factor of two for the DOW. Why is Obama letting them get away with this shit? We need to regulate that. The Republicans refused to do so, and I had hope that Obama would step in and put a stop to it. Instead, he is encouraging it. That corrupt clown needs to be quickly evicted from office and a man of strong moral character needs to take his place.

Forum List

Back