The Differences Between The Left and Right: From A Former Head of NOW Chapter

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Really interesting interview, that slams home the vehemence of the Left on women/minorities. When I googled for her, wow! There are plenty that hate her!

http://www.rightwingnews.com/interviews/bruce.php

Who is Tammy Bruce? Not exactly my idea of a conservative, but I can see where she drives the left batty:

http://tammybruce.com/biography.php
Biography

Tammy Bruce is an openly gay, pro-choice, gun owning, pro-death penalty, voted-for-President Bush progressive feminist. She was drawn into feminist activism in the late 1980's to contribute to the ongoing effort to ensure safe and legal abortion for all women. Just two years after joining the National Organization for Women, and with a brand of feminism that places her somewhere between Donna Reed and Thelma and Louise, Ms. Bruce was elected president of the Los Angeles chapter of NOW at the age of 27.

The youngest ever to achieve that position, she doubled the chapter's membership from 2,000 to 4,000 within a year with issue campaigns that introduced a fresh view of feminist activism. In her seven years as president (1990-1996, the longest continuous tenure in the chapter's 30 year history) she mobilized activists locally and nationally on a whole range of issues, including women's image in media, child care, health care, violence against women, economics, and domestic violence. Ms. Bruce also served two years as a member of the National NOW board of directors.

An important contributor to the author's position on the relevance of free speech comes from her experience as a radio talk show host. Flagshipped at KABC Radio and nationally syndicated with 153 affiliates, The "Tammy Bruce Show" premiered in 1993 in Los Angeles. Additionally, her editorials and commentaries on significant social issues have been published nationally and internationally in a wide variety of magazines, newspapers, and on television and radio programming. Ms. Bruce is also a Fox News Channel Political Analyst, and served on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Transition Team.

Ms. Bruce's first book, The New Thought Police, was published by Forum, an imprint of Crown/Random House, in October 2001. An analysis of freedom of expression and the culture wars, it explores the importance of freedom of expression and personal liberty and how that liberty is under attack by the dangerous rise of Left-wing McCarthyism. Her second book, The Death of Right and Wrong: Exposing the Left's Assault on Our Culture and Values, also for Forum (April 2003) addresses the rise of moral relativism in society and quickly became a New York Times best seller.

Ms. Bruce’s latest work, The New American Revolution: Using the Power of the Individual to Save Our Nation from Extremists, (Morrow) will be released November 2, 2005.

A native of Los Angeles, Ms. Bruce holds a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from the University of Southern California. She also notes that her interest in politics and individual liberty was sparked during her childhood in part because of the work of authors Ray Bradbury and George Orwell, both of whom remain her favorite writers. Ms. Bruce lives in Los Angeles with Sadie the Cat, Sadie’s nemesis Sydney the Puppy, and puts up with a raccoon she has named Rocky, who refuses to leave her outside patio.

What a great interview - uplifting!

I read and thoroughly enjoyed "The New Thought Police"; it had the same effect on me as did this interview.

Liberals wonder why the blogs, conservative books, and the like, are so wildly popular. "Is America truly THAT ignorant?" - the cultural establishment must ask themselves.

The lesson they are missing is that truth - particularly where it has long been suppressed - is as welcome as water on parched land.

Forum List

Back