The differences between Current warming and PETM warming

Trakar

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
The differences between Current warming and PETM warming.
The SciAm article is good and I urge those interested to read it in its entirety at http://physics.ucf.edu/~britt/Climate/Reading1-Last%20great%20warming.pdf
“Back then, around 56 million years ago, I would have been drenched with sweat rather than fighting off a chill. Research had indicated that in the course of a few thousand years—a mere instant in geologic time—global temperatures rose five degrees Celsius, marking a planetary fever known to scientists as the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, or PETM. Climate zones shifted toward the poles, on land and at sea, forcing plants and animals to migrate, adapt or die. Some of the deepest realms of the ocean became acidified and oxygen-starved, killing off many of the organisms living there. It took nearly 200,000 years for the earth’s natural buffers to bring the fever down…”
But the most jarring aspect is contained in this one graph:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/trakar-albums-agw-picture5448-8241534401-26c0b403b6.jpg

Gosh that magazine has really sunk to new lows. The global temp has been + or - .7C for the last millenia which is about as stable as you can get.

What a load of bollocks.

I love your little SPAM train...are you going to post something with some actual facts in it or is it going to just be more of this crapola?

Gosh that magazine has really sunk to new lows. The global temp has been + or - .7C for the last millenia which is about as stable as you can get.

What a load of bollocks.

I love your little SPAM train...are you going to post something with some actual facts in it or is it going to just be more of this crapola?

Ahhh...too bad, walleyed....I see you're still too stupid to understand plain facts.....oh well, I guess I never did really expect you to actually grow a brain.....

What a load of bollocks.

Ahhh...too bad, walleyed....I see you're still too stupid to understand plain facts.....oh well, I guess I never did really expect you to actually grow a brain.....

That's what happens when you're born downwind of a coal-fired power plant.

What a load of bollocks.

I understand plain facts quite well. Why do your high priests constantly falsify them?

What a load of bollocks.

I understand plain facts quite well. Why do your high priests constantly falsify them?

Why do you fall for moronic conspiracy theories like that one???

What a load of bollocks.

Our 'High Priests'. Virtually the whole of the scientific community.

Your 'High Priests'. Undegreed ex-TV wearthermen, obese junkies on the radio, and a Senator that is a whore, Inhofe.

But you claim to be a scientist.

IceCores1.gif

So what do you call the 8 degree rise in temperature over the last 14,000 years? That's a mere instant too, right?

Is that the new scam? PETM?

Some people look at the information presented, some prefer willfull ignorance.
You know the old saying:"If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with bullshit".

Even your Dear Reader doesn't believe in that sh*t anymore. See, now that he got you Nutter Warmist Theorists to vote for him he doesn't need you anymore! :lol:

When presented with two possible options, one takes the best option. A leader beholden to the Teabagger fruitloops is hardly a good option.

It sucks when you can't ever show us a repeatable science experiment demonstrating how a 100PPM increase in CO2 will raise temperature a few degrees

Your 'High Priests'. Undegreed ex-TV wearthermen, obese junkies on the radio, and a Senator that is a whore, Inhofe.

Bullshit. Your claim of the whole scientific community is a survey given to over 3000 scientists that was then cherry picked down to 79 climatologists and of that total only 74 agreed with the survey so the 97% of scientist meme is pure, utter, horsecrap.

But you allready knew that didn't you.

Take a look at a course cirriculum sometime old rocks. You will see that a degreed meterologist (few of which buy into the AGW scam) is better educated by far than the average climate science graduate.

Take a look at a course cirriculum sometime old rocks. You will see that a degreed meterologist (few of which buy into the AGW scam) is better educated by far than the average climate science graduate.

Indeed. Most of them have a geography degree as their BA. In my field, when the classwork got too tough in the third year, the not so smart students shifted from geology to geography.

Indeed. Most of them have a geography degree as their BA. In my field, when the classwork got too tough in the third year, the not so smart students shifted from geology to geography.

Considering the quality of the work coming out of climate science these days, I wouldn't have thought that they went to a program even as tough as geography. My guess would have been medieval french literature.

Bullshit. Your claim of the whole scientific community is a survey given to over 3000 scientists that was then cherry picked down to 79 climatologists and of that total only 74 agreed with the survey so the 97% of scientist meme is pure, utter, horsecrap.

But you allready knew that didn't you.

OK. Name one Scientific Society that agrees with you. One National Academy of Science. From any nation, even Outer Slobovia. How about one major university? You cannot, because all of these state in their policy statements that they regard AGW as a fact, and a clear and present danger.

Simply put, if you are a real geologist, you are totally out of the scientific mainstream and are regarded as an over the hill old man that is a bit dotty and out of touch with reality.

Forum List

Back