The Difference between the Parties

Music Man, your evidence that my site is feeding liberal propaganda is faulty.

You sited 2 examples of proof. The first being an anti 2nd amendment thing, well the proof that I'm not trying to feed an anti 2nd amendment doctrine, is because I am actually pro 2nd amendment. I favor gun control overall, but I definately think good citizens have a right to carry a gun.

The 2nd one being that I said as a military moderate you are "probably" thinking the Iraq War was a mistake. I dont think thats out of line as it is, as a large majority of the population thinks it was a mistake.

Also, I said probably in front of these phrases, because they dont apply to everyone.

A) Progressive/Conservative Score 10-Progressive
Capitalist Purist/Social Capitalist Score 8-Social Capitalist
Libertarian/Authoritarian Score 2-Libertarian
Pacifist/Militarist Score 6-Defense Moderate
You are a Democrat.

B) What questions would make the survey more to your liking Musicman?

A weak attempt at deflection. As I made plain, the bias is found not in the questions, but in the conclusions drawn by the scores.

Music Man, your evidence that my site is feeding liberal propaganda is faulty.

You sited 2 examples of proof. The first being an anti 2nd amendment thing, well the proof that I'm not trying to feed an anti 2nd amendment doctrine, is because I am actually pro 2nd amendment. I favor gun control overall, but I definately think good citizens have a right to carry a gun.

The 2nd one being that I said as a military moderate you are "probably" thinking the Iraq War was a mistake. I dont think thats out of line as it is, as a large majority of the population thinks it was a mistake.

Also, I said probably in front of these phrases, because they dont apply to everyone.

If you're going to try to defend yourself, it is imprtant that you are scrupulously honest about it. Lies by omission are too easily uncovered.

Address ALL the portions I bolded.

sorry musicman, but I actually am pro-2nd amendment.

Calling me a liar is just the last stage in admitting defeat in an argument

A weak attempt at deflection. As I made plain, the bias is found not in the questions, but in the conclusions drawn by the scores.

I would've given a more direct rebuttal, but elshizzo made the point I was going to make. All the examples you gave of "blatant liberal dogma" began with words like "probably" and "might." Hardly hard-line accusations. The "world police" question is a bad question. I don't feel that the US should meddle in all world skirmishes, but some of them do require US involvement--especially our strategic assets. So what questions would make the survey more to your liking Musicman?

I would've given a more direct rebuttal, but elshizzo made the point I was going to make. All the examples you gave of "blatant liberal dogma" began with words like "probably" and "might." Hardly hard-line accusations. The "world police" question is a bad question. I don't feel that the US should meddle in all world skirmishes, but some of them do require US involvement--especially our strategic assets. So what questions would make the survey more to your liking Musicman?

Do you guys just not HEAR answers you don't like?

Look, I get that you don't like the conclusions. That's not what I'm asking.

The poll questions are not the issue, as I plainly stated - and as you well know.

This is naked propaganda, masquerading as a poll. The man is busted dead to rights.

Musicman, in my opinion, a lot of the military extremests feel it is in our interests to "police the world" as in take out bad people from their places in power. (Such as Saddam) Maybe you don't, but as far as I can tell, many do.

Also, from my standpoint, Ultra Conservatives generally oppose any measures to help minorities [blacks ,mexicans, women, etc]. I don't think its out of line. Maybe I should reword it so it's not so harsh, but I dont think its out of line.

BTW I'm really more of a conservative than a progressive, so I'm not saying this coming from the direct opposite side. I happen to be very anti affirmative action, and I despise when the government tells businesses or colleges how many of each race they should take.

Maybe my wording shows my inherent opinions, but I didn't intentionally word it to mislead people, thats absurd

Musicman, in my opinion, a lot of the military extremests feel it is in our interests to "police the world" as in take out bad people from their places in power. (Such as Saddam) Maybe you don't, but as far as I can tell, many do.

Also, from my standpoint, Ultra Conservatives generally oppose any measures to help minorities [blacks ,mexicans, women, etc]. I don't think its out of line. Maybe I should reword it so it's not so harsh, but I dont think its out of line.

BTW I'm really more of a conservative than a progressive, so I'm not saying this coming from the direct opposite side. I happen to be very anti affirmative action, and I despise when the government tells businesses or colleges how many of each race they should take.

Maybe my wording shows my inherent opinions, but I didn't intentionally word it to mislead people, thats absurd

You're stalling. Address THIS:

If you had score was from 4 to 8, your a social moderate. You think the progressive movement has a lot of good ideas, but is sometimes too extreme in its ways. You probably don't like how social conservatives are always putting the black man/woman/homosexual down, but you also probably don't think its fair to give minorities an unfair advantage in life either.

I just did.....

"Also, from my standpoint, Ultra Conservatives generally oppose any measures to help minorities [blacks ,mexicans, women, etc]. I don't think its out of line. Maybe I should reword it so it's not so harsh, but I dont think its out of line."

I just did.....

"Also, from my standpoint, Ultra Conservatives generally oppose any measures to help minorities [blacks ,mexicans, women, etc]. I don't think its out of line. Maybe I should reword it so it's not so harsh, but I dont think its out of line."

Your bias against conservatives poisons the entire exercise, then. This is not a poll - it's an opinion piece.

Regardless of how you view the wording after the quiz, even you admit that the quiz is not faulty itself.

This is proven by the fact that I have gotten an equal number of people who quized as conservative as they have progressive.

The wording after the quiz has no effect on the results of the quiz, so just ignore it then.

Forum List

Back