The difference between papers like the New York Times, and media outlets like FoxNews

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
For anyone who thinks that the New York Times is anything like FoxNews (but a liberal version), check out this story that they broke, hacking a Democrat candidate for the US Senate into little pieces:

Blumenthal?s Words Differ From His History - NYTimes.com

Now, this guy totally deserves what he gets for lying about his military experience like that, and the Times was only telling it like it is, but FoxNews would have never broken a story like this about a Republican. Not in a million years.

That's the difference. The Wall Street Journal is the same way, outside of their editorial pages, or at least they were. Who knows what they may become now that Murdoch's in control.

Here's an excerpt:

&#8220;We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,&#8221; Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008. &#8220;And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it &#8212; Afghanistan or Iraq &#8212; we owe our military men and women unconditional support.&#8221;

There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records...

...what is striking about Mr. Blumenthal&#8217;s record is the contrast between the many steps he took that allowed him to avoid Vietnam, and the misleading way he often speaks about that period of his life now, especially when he is speaking at veterans&#8217; ceremonies or other patriotic events.

Sometimes his remarks have been plainly untrue, as in his speech to the group in Norwalk. At other times, he has used more ambiguous language, but the impression left on audiences can be similar...

They really nail him to the wall.

Maybe the reason Fox wouldn't break a story about a member of the GOP lying about serving in Viet Nam is because there aren't any GOP candidates who have made such lies.

LOL, the NYslimes finally reports on a slimy Democrats lies instead of trying to spin the shit out it and they have now become the paper of all times.

and of course they have to be compared against Fox news.:lol:

• Banned
Maybe the reason Fox wouldn't break a story about a member of the GOP lying about serving in Viet Nam is because there aren't any GOP candidates who have made such lies.

Oh right. Because GOP politicians NEVER lie, right?

None of them have turned out to be gay or anything, for instance. Or turned out to have accepted millions of dollars in bribes, or anything.

Noooo, that'd never happen!

Last edited:
The big difference between Fox and the NYT is that the former is profitable, the latter is not (and had to hock its building to make payroll).

• Banned
LOL, the NYslimes finally reports on a slimy Democrats lies instead of trying to spin the shit out it and they have now become the paper of all times.

You have never read an edition of the New York Times in your entire life, so how would you even know?

I, on the other hand, often read the Times and the Journal, and watch as much FoxNews as I can stomach on a regular basis before I am forced to shut it off.

Oh right. Because GOP politicians NEVER lie, right?

None of them have turned out to be gay or anything, for instance.

Noooo, that'd never happen!

Fox has been quite active in reporting on GOP scandals such as the ones involving Foley and Sanford. Good for the NYT for exposing Blumenthal's lies. It's about time they performed some real journalism.

The big difference between Fox and the NYT is that the former is profitable, the latter is not (and had to hock its building to make payroll).

Yes, running exaggerated and sometimes downright false opinion and news all the time will get you the big ratings.

That's why the National Enquirer is quite profitable too.

Of course it doesn't say anything about journalistic integrity, now does it?

As I said, I have always believed the WSJ, which has always been decidedly right-wing, to be of the same standard of integrity.

Oh, and MSNBC is a bunch of hacks too. Just thought I'd mention that.

Fox has been quite active in reporting on GOP scandals such as the ones involving Foley and Sanford. Good for the NYT for exposing Blumenthal's lies. It's about time they performed some real journalism.

No, see, there's a difference between Breaking a story...

...and running a story that's been news on other outlets for a few days already and then letting your opinion talking heads spin it into oblivion.

You have never read an edition of the New York Times in your entire life, so how would you even know?

I, on the other hand, often read the Times and the Journal, and watch as much FoxNews as I can stomach on a regular basis before I am forced to shut it off.

and just how would you know what I have read, crystal ball?
and no wonder you can't post anything of truth, you get your news from the NYslimes.:lol:

Last edited:
another thread fail by vast lwc....

FOXNews.com - Indiana Rep. Mark Souder Resigns After Affair With Staffer

Indiana Rep. Mark Souder Resigns After Affair With Staffer

Fox did not break that story, but ran it long after the affair had already come to light, and only after the Representative resigned.

The story itself states that clearly:

All the way through his election, Souder tried to knock down the affair story, calling it revenge politics at play. But the backroom chatter in Indiana and among the GOP on Capitol Hill became too much to survive. Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels was informed as late as Monday night that Souder would give up his post.

and no wonder you can't post anything of truth, you get your news from the NYslimes.:lol:

Yeah, let me state that again, perhaps you'll notice the part you ignored:

That would be the Wall Street Journal...

Yeah, let me state that again, perhaps you'll notice the part you ignored:

That would be the Wall Street Journal...

oh well then, I'm supposed to be impressed or what?:eusa_whistle:

Yes, running exaggerated and sometimes downright false opinion and news all the time will get you the big ratings.

That's why the National Enquirer is quite profitable too.

Of course it doesn't say anything about journalistic integrity, now does it?

As I said, I have always believed the WSJ, which has always been decidedly right-wing, to be of the same standard of integrity.

Oh, and MSNBC is a bunch of hacks too. Just thought I'd mention that.

National Enquirer - John Edwards just sayin'

No, see, there's a difference between Breaking a story...

...and running a story that's been news on other outlets for a few days already and then letting your opinion talking heads spin it into oblivion.

Do you actually know how a news story 'breaks'?

Forum List

Back