The Difference Between Liberals and Conservatives

The fundamental difference between you and I, is that I believe jobs not food stamps are beneficial to the economy.

Not true. We both believe jobs are more beneficial than food stamps. Our difference, is that you think getting nothing is better than getting food stamps.

People are taxed for things like Social Security, Medicare, unemployment, etc. The idea that liberals support higher taxes on the rich because they're "jealous" or because they just don't approve of people being rich is not true.

You mean envious, not "jealous." Some liberals may not be envious, but they certainly use envy to stir up hostility towards the rich. However, plenty of libs are just plain envious. They also don't approve of people being rich. So called "equality" is one of their fundamental propaganda points. They are constantly waging class warfare. Their motives may be dishonest and devious, but nevertheless, the claim that they aren't hostile towards wealthy people just doesn't pass the laugh test.

Close. Government can be a force for good, or not, depending on who's in charge. If you have bad leaders the government will be bad as a result. If you have a good government, it will be a force for good.

A lot of liberals distrust human desire if you mean desire for material things. Many would say that the accumulation of stuff for the sake of accumulating stuff is unhealthy, and that if you're rich, you have an obligation to give something back.

That is where the nanny state/redistribution of wealth idea comes from. You don't approve of the accumulation of "stuff" so you decide it is in our best interest to take that stuff away from us.

I'm okay with you giving your "stuff" to others. Heck, I used to give some of my stuff to others. I am not okay with you deciding that I have too much stuff and therefore I have to give my stuff to others. That simply is not your decision to make.

Note: in that example "you" and "I" are not to be seen as literally meaning you and I but rather liberals and society.

Immie

People are taxed for things like Social Security, Medicare, unemployment, etc. The idea that liberals support higher taxes on the rich because they're "jealous" or because they just don't approve of people being rich is not true.

~~sigh~~ Individuals do not pay unemployment tax, companies do. You as an individual pay nothing in to UE.

The definition of BULLSEYE.....................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHdhrNhh88&feature=related]The Difference Between Liberal and Conservative - YouTube[/ame]

Most compelling............."the 3 questions most liberals can never answer............"

Last edited:
Most the self proclaiming conservative hereabouts are NOT remotely in tune with liberal thinking.

But then many of the self proclaiming lovers of conservatism here are not truly interested in discussing the issues so much as they take pleasure in being rude to people.

Few of them would last long in a FTF discussion, I suspect.

Or if they did their tone would get a LOT more respctful.
TRANSLATION:

saythattomyface.jpg

That is where the nanny state/redistribution of wealth idea comes from. You don't approve of the accumulation of "stuff" so you decide it is in our best interest to take that stuff away from us.

I'm okay with you giving your "stuff" to others. Heck, I used to give some of my stuff to others. I am not okay with you deciding that I have too much stuff and therefore I have to give my stuff to others. That simply is not your decision to make.

Note: in that example "you" and "I" are not to be seen as literally meaning you and I but rather liberals and society.

Immie

~~sigh~~ Individuals do not pay unemployment tax, companies do. You as an individual pay nothing in to UE.

Technically you are correct, but the reply to that is that if my company did not pay unemployment insurance, they would increase my salary. That is of course a stretch as they would probably not increase your salary but they could.

In 2010, the cost per employee in Florida for unemployment was $285 maximum per year, I believe. Didn't verify that, but it is close to that number.

Immie

Most the self proclaiming conservative hereabouts are NOT remotely in tune with liberal thinking.

But then many of the self proclaiming lovers of conservatism here are not truly interested in discussing the issues so much as they take pleasure in being rude to people.

Few of them would last long in a FTF discussion, I suspect.

Or if they did their tone would get a LOT more respctful.

What's strikes me about conservatives on this board - not all, but many of them - is how angry they are, how quick they are to resort to personal attacks, and how often what they have to say seems to be little more than regurgitation from Rush/Beck/Drudge, etc.

Yeah it sort of mankes me wonder, sometimes, if perhaps the most obviously insanely biased RIGHT WINGERs are really what they appear?

Now I know that some people are just plain stupid.

But there are times when their utter stupidity defies credibility.

MOST of the conservatives I know in real life, are not fools, liars, knaves or trolls.

They are quite capable of defending their conservative POVs without resorting to strawmen arguments, ad hominen insults, or outright lies.

Kinda make me wonder about the agendas of some of the so called, self proclaiming cons on this (and many other) boards.

The fundamental difference between you and I, is that I believe jobs not food stamps are beneficial to the economy.

Not true. We both believe jobs are more beneficial than food stamps. Our difference, is that you think getting nothing is better than getting food stamps.

Yet another falsehood.

The right recognizes the true value of food stamps.

We just don't encourage it as a first option.

Forum List

Back