The difference between "liberalism" and what Republicans think Liberalism is:

Black Label has it right....Murdoch. and the other propagandists have them convinced that EVERY SINGLE other news outlet is controlled by Communists, so it's a rather easy task to brainwash them in their thought patterns.

ok...so who brainwashes the other side Steel?.....just askin.....

The failures of the last 10 years have been purely do to liberalism, the new form of Big Government full of hate liberalism.

Really there are no words for what people are politically anymore. For instance, Republicans under Bush and Dems under Bush and Obama have proven they hate the constitution, a balanced budget and despise a strong middle class.

Wait… can you show us all this non liberal policy you claim there has been over the last 10 years? Policies are almost identical under Obama as they were under Bush… I truly wonder if you have any meaningful examples.

The PA, DHS, TSA, Iraq/Afghanistan, DOMA, etc. All are conservative action and plans to control people, constrict people and contain people and other countries.
True Liberals believe in Liberty and more of a Libertarian philosophy in my opinion. We have a strong belief in our Civil Liberties, freedom, and equality. The Constitution is a Liberal document, though some of the Founding Fathers had their issues, the founding of this country was based on Liberal thoughts and beliefs, the people who wanted to side with the Tories were the conservatives of the day, the radical Republicans who wanted to end slavery, were the Liberals of the day, the slave owners and pro-slavery people were the conservatives of the day. The people who wanted woman's suffrage were the Liberals of the day, the people who fought for worker's rights so they weren't exploited were the Liberals of the day, the people who fought and died for Civil Rights, voting rights for Blacks,a nd fought against Jim Crow laws, were the Liberals of the day. The people who fought against the aforementioned...........................................were the conservatives of the day.

sure:rolleyes:

That's the TRUTH. If people can't handle the truth, so be it. :)

Yep...take a look at their presidential candidate this go around. He's a freaking chameleon. He'll say whatever, depending on the crowd he's speaking to....and they'll vote for him....because he has an "R" behind his name.

Steel i believe that is what Politicians do.....i know i have seen that quite often in my lifetime.....from both sides....

The conservative concept of liberal is nothing more than the embodiment of their fears, a horrible, evil monster that wants the opposite of everything they want. In this way the modern republican agenda has been shaped more by taking up a contrary position to what liberals want than anything else, they even do it when their own ideas are recycled by the democrats.

Yep, how many times have we heard a repub say the reason they like something or someone because liberals dont. Makes me think that if liberals started saying they love their mama...repubs would never speak to theirs again

Evidently you've never heard of Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid or Charlie Rangel. You should get out more often.

So you dont deny it. Thats a start

Politicians do it.......from both sides. Do you deny that?

Sure they do, Repubs just seem way more whiny and aggressive using sarcasm and counter points but almost never having a point. I use the board as an example. I asked a question about lobbiest and their influence on politics...non partisan...didnt blame anyone or any party. The first response was "Ask Obamalama" followed by "Why didnt Obama...?" :cuckoo:

Every answer has Obama in it....Sure sure, you'll probably say "The Dems did it to Bush too!" Every answer is a non answer or an attempt to assign blame.

They think about them plenty when the question of blame comes up.

That's pretty rich coing from someone who kisses the ass of the blamer in chief. :lol:

See there, because you have a deep abiding hatred for the president you feel I must love him and want to have his babies, quit applying negatives of your prejudices to liberals.

I have no deep abiding hatred of the man, I simply think he is in over his head and doing a poor job and needs to be replaced, just like Bush. Your posts tell the story on your love for him.

So you dont deny it. Thats a start

Sure they do, Repubs just seem way more whiny and aggressive using sarcasm and counter points but almost never having a point. I use the board as an example. I asked a question about lobbiest and their influence on politics...non partisan...didnt blame anyone or any party. The first response was "Ask Obamalama" followed by "Why didnt Obama...?" :cuckoo:

Every answer has Obama in it....Sure sure, you'll probably say "The Dems did it to Bush too!" Every answer is a non answer or an attempt to assign blame.

Tell yourself whatever you need to to get yourself thru the night sweetheart. :cuckoo:

That's pretty rich coing from someone who kisses the ass of the blamer in chief. :lol:

See there, because you have a deep abiding hatred for the president you feel I must love him and want to have his babies, quit applying negatives of your prejudices to liberals.

I have no deep abiding hatred of the man, I simply think he is in over his head and doing a poor job and needs to be replaced, just like Bush. Your posts tell the story on your love for him.

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.

Yes, you are. Acceptance is the first step. Congrats!

Modern AMERICAN Liberals aren't that at all...they are Progressive/Statist.

The word 'Liberal' owes it's existence to the word 'LIBERTY'.

The Left aren't 'liberal'by any stretch.

Modern American Liberals resemble Marx and Lenin.

Black Label has it right....Murdoch. and the other propagandists have them convinced that EVERY SINGLE other news outlet is controlled by Communists, so it's a rather easy task to brainwash them in their thought patterns.

Dolts that never turn off MSNBC and never question their own ideology....just like you guys only on the other side of the spectrum. How many times have I seen people posting articles from Huffpo and you guys refuse to even look at the article.....let alone read it with an open mind????......

But then a Conservative will throw up an article from Freedomworks, heritage.org, or....I don't know....commiebuster.com and refuse to even acknowledge that it's anything other than the gospel truth?

I'm not saying that lib's don't do the same thing in reverse....but nothing like you guys do. You guys are so in lockstep with each other that it's kind of freakish.

Many of us will criticize Obama....but we fucking understand that he is human, fallible and will make mistakes....and before you even start with the "remember how you treated Bush" bullshit....I'd be willing to bet that after 9/11, there were a hell of a lot of them that rallied around Bush...even with the bitterness of the Gore loss.....I was a Republican back then...yeah, I know...call me a liar....as if no real American would ever switch parties...especially them bastard Democrats.......anyway.....most everyone became Americans back then.....instead of partisans.

THAT'S the problem with you fuckers....you've been rooting against our own fucking country for damn near four years....all because people told you he was an evil Kenyan Marxist from hell and wants to eat your dogs. And still you never question it.

That is what's laughable about you guys....you guys keep talking about "critical thinking" skills...but you never, ever question your own side.

Me? I've made my ideology well known. I'm pro-labor, I believe in safety nets, I want a strong public option in our health care system, I want the cost if a college education to be as affordable as possible....however, I am also pro-gun rights......I am VERY much in favor of making welfare recipients work for their benefits(think CCC and WPA type programs), and I am a full member of the Christian faith.

Tell yourself whatever you need to to get yourself thru the night sweetheart. :cuckoo:

Thanks for saying nothing in 2 posts...Like I said you have no retort just whining and crying.

Strange the way Republicans and conservatives on this board are always saying what "liberalism" is. Where do they get such nonsense?

Is it because they have no liberals in their party? So what they imagine comes out of the Twilight Zone?

And worse, after all the failures of the last 10 years, how did they get so confident about their own ideology?

Oh come on now, at a local level there are a lot of liberals in the Repub party.
Granted on the national level, neocons are more prominent... And comittee meetings sometimes have a faux news spouting village idiot.
By comparison, the Dems are chock full of pinko trash top to bottom.
Except for Randal Terry, I can't think of a single liberal in the Dem party.

Unfortunately, at the national level, pinko's have corrupted their way into the national spotlight. The globalist media is thoroughly marxist, including Rupert Murdoch. Faux news role is two-fold, demonize the concept of liberalism by bastardizing the meaning of the word, and to be controlled "opposition" to the blatant pinko's.

Make no mistake,
Rush Limbaugh & BIll O'Reily hate liberalism, but so does the Keith Olberman & Chris Mathews. That is why pinko's are labelled with the word, which the commie scum happily usurp. They honestly hope that if they are able to redefine the word to be opposite in meaning... its concept will go away. Marxist tactics 101: semantic games.

Marxism the polar opposite of liberalism.

Last edited:

Dolts that never turn off MSNBC and never question their own ideology....just like you guys only on the other side of the spectrum. How many times have I seen people posting articles from Huffpo and you guys refuse to even look at the article.....let alone read it with an open mind????......

But then a Conservative will throw up an article from Freedomworks, heritage.org, or....I don't know....commiebuster.com and refuse to even acknowledge that it's anything other than the gospel truth?

I'm not saying that lib's don't do the same thing in reverse....but nothing like you guys do. You guys are so in lockstep with each other that it's kind of freakish.

Many of us will criticize Obama....but we fucking understand that he is human, fallible and will make mistakes....and before you even start with the "remember how you treated Bush" bullshit....I'd be willing to bet that after 9/11, there were a hell of a lot of them that rallied around Bush...even with the bitterness of the Gore loss.....I was a Republican back then...yeah, I know...call me a liar....as if no real American would ever switch parties...especially them bastard Democrats.......anyway.....most everyone became Americans back then.....instead of partisans.

THAT'S the problem with you fuckers....you've been rooting against our own fucking country for damn near four years....all because people told you he was an evil Kenyan Marxist from hell and wants to eat your dogs. And still you never question it.

That is what's laughable about you guys....you guys keep talking about "critical thinking" skills...but you never, ever question your own side.

Me? I've made my ideology well known. I'm pro-labor, I believe in safety nets, I want a strong public option in our health care system, I want the cost if a college education to be as affordable as possible....however, I am also pro-gun rights......I am VERY much in favor of making welfare recipients work for their benefits(think CCC and WPA type programs), and I am a full member of the Christian faith.

"you guys?"....if you think im one of "them guys" then how come i get negged or bad mouthed every now and then from "them guys"......just for being someone who has been on the Union side in threads here....for Medical Pot.....thinking People who need Health Ins should have a program to help them get it until they get back to work.....for saying the Republican Party sucks....

but you never, ever question your own side.

i dont have a side.....at least not the 2 major sides.....they can both go to hell as far as i am concerned.....and as far as "never questioning your own side".....try talking to Dean,Chris,Franco,Luddly,TM's and Lakuta from your side....they are so in lockstep with each other that it's kind of freakish.......they never question their party...ever....and i have asked them to....and i get ignored or i get a Dance....

Code:

"you guys?"....if you think im one of "them guys" then how come i get negged or bad mouthed every now and then from "them guys"......just for being someone who has been on the Union side in threads here....for Medical Pot.....thinking People who need Health Ins should have a program to help them get it until they get back to work.....for saying the Republican Party sucks....

but you never, ever question your own side.

i dont have a side.....at least not the 2 major sides.....they can both go to hell as far as i am concerned.....and as far as "never questioning your own side".....try talking to Dean,Chris,Franco,Luddly,TM's and Lakuta from your side....they are so in lockstep with each other that it's kind of freakish.......they never question their party...ever....and i have asked them to....and i get ignored or i get a Dance....
Well Harry...perhaps I read the post and really didn't bother to look at who the poster was....you are correct...you have been a voice for labor and the like. I apologize for reacting to your post as if you were T, or some other hard core conservative. My bad.

But anyway......you just got my opinion on the crazy element of the right wing.....and my stance on a variety of issues. Once again...sorry.

so where are you different from a lot of people on this board? And a lot of people question what is said, you just want to pick and choose the ones you see where people don't. and it's total bullshit people have been rooting against their country, being against a President isn't rooting against your country, isn't that what we were told all during the Bush years? Sorry dude, but you've had your moments on this board just like everyone else

Last edited:
Strange the way Republicans and conservatives on this board are always saying what "liberalism" is. Where do they get such nonsense?

Is it because they have no liberals in their party? So what they imagine comes out of the Twilight Zone?

And worse, after all the failures of the last 10 years, how did they get so confident about their own ideology?

you going to stick around for this one Dean?.......will you respond to Questions?....or will it by like your other threads?.....

Unlike you, I have a job.

so where are you different from a lot of people on this board? And a lot of people question what is said, you just want to pick and choose the ones you see where people don't.

So what do you question your own about?

I question gun control and giving something for nothing to idle people.....ok...your turn.

Forum List

Back