The difference between conservatives and liberals

Years ago we had the highest test scores in the world, can you point out what we were doing wrong?

Link.
And highest test scores compared to what?

Compared to the test scores of today.

Current lib-dominated education is a failure. Yet liberals oppose any efforts to change it, screeching "Conservatives HATE education!!"

Apparently, liberals like their failed education system.

Years ago we had the highest test scores in the world, can you point out what we were doing wrong?

Link.

Current lib-dominated education is a failure. Yet liberals oppose any efforts to change it, screeching "Conservatives HATE education!!"

I want to let people like you, Dave, in on a secret about education. The dems want to throw money at education and the rethugs want to cut money for education and neither one will make much difference.

Until the kid that walks in the school door is ready, willing and able to be educated, there is not much you can do as a society. If the parent does not insist that their kid is in school for the purpose of being educated, and the kid understands that it is their responsibilty to become educated, there is not much to be done.

Now who's responsible for having that kid ready to be educated; the parents.
And there is not a politician alive that will blame the parents for their childs lack of education. Parents can vote.

Link.

I want to let people like you, Dave, in on a secret about education. The dems want to throw money at education and the rethugs want to cut money for education and neither one will make much difference.

Until the kid that walks in the school door is ready, willing and able to be educated, there is not much you can do as a society. If the parent does not insist that their kid is in school for the purpose of being educated, and the kid understands that it is their responsibilty to become educated, there is not much to be done.

Now who's responsible for having that kid ready to be educated; the parents.
And there is not a politician alive that will blame the parents for their childs lack of education. Parents can vote.
On this we agree.

Link to the test scores from years ago compared to now.

I have no idea about test scores.
How are these tests carried out?
Has the methodology changed over the years?
Have US scores gone down, or have other country's scores gone up?
What affect has immigration and ESL had on average scores?
What questions are they asking in these exams - ie, are the harder or easier than they used to be?

I could go on.

Do I think we should spend more money on schools? have I ever said that?

IF you don't agree with the assholes who say we need to spend more money on education because the test scores are going down take it up with them, not me.

Huh? You brought up people spending more money on education and testing, not me ya doofus...

And you defend it every time it is brought up, except for now, what's your point?

Forum List

Back