The difference between conservatives and liberals

"The difference between conservatives and liberals"

Liberals want to help the poor by keeping them poor and conservatives want to help the poor help themselves.

That is it in a nutshell. The way I see it liberals think society forces people to do things, conservatives think people make their own choices. Liberals are pessimists who think people have no chance unless they get help, conservatives are optimists who think people can do anything.

that is idiocy.

provide proof of one thing that "conservativism" ever advanced.

here's a hint: you can't... because if it were an advancement, it wouldn't be conservative, it would be liberal.

you know...words have meanings.

:thup:

Probably one of the dumbest things I have ever seen you post, Jill.. conservatism does not mean never changing, completely stagnant, etc...

Funny, I don't recall saying that. Is using straw man arguments the only way you can make a point in a debate?

Here, I'll break my point down a little simpler, if you'd like.

You said:

liberals think society forces people to do things, conservatives think people make their own choices.
My point is the false dichotomy between those two statements - it's not an "either/or" situation. The reality (which I think all will agree on) is somewhere in the middle.

No one exists in a vacuum (in other words, society has an impact on status and situation), and no one denies that personal responsibility exists (in other words, society is not the only factor in determining status and situation).

Attempting to simplify everything with a statement that makes Conservatives look good and Liberals look bad isn't a "truth" anymore than someone claiming that all Conservatives are racist is a "truth". We don't live in a binary world, we live in a world of nuance.

Do you remember all the predictions that the recession was going to cause a spike in crime, and how that was one of the arguments in favor of cutting the payroll tax? Were those arguments coming from conservatives?
I don't remember anyone making that argument. Not to say it didn't happen, but I don't remember seeing it.

I don't know the political persuasion of the people who made those statements, nor do I see how it's relevant to my argument.

Maybe the problem here is that you are seeing things. I don't believe that liberal/conservative is the only possible breakdown in political classification, and have never argued that they are. That means that I am not presenting a false dichotomy, you are creating it because you are incapable of seeing the entire spectrum of humanity.
The false dichotomy that I'm talking about isn't between "Liberal" and "Conservative".

It's between "personal responsibility" and "societal responsibility".

Liberals love power and will do anything to get it and keep it, whereas conservatives put the nation's interests first priority.

The GOP isn't going run TV ads obamination killed a woman with cancer to win votes, Democraps do run those kind of ads to dupe idiots like found on this board.
No, you're just going to try to gerry-mander your way into the WH like you tried to do in Virginia, yesterday.

Definition of a Liberal

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."

Whose money do the conservatives use to pay off debt? Or do they just like to borrow, spend, and then blame the "liberal" for raising taxes to pay off the debts that the "conservatives" accrued?

Wrong kind of debt, not bright, but not unexpected from you.

LOL

What "debt" is that statement of yours referring to?

Psycho boy...you are really that insane claiming obamination's goons didn't run an ad claiming Romney/Bain Capital killed a worker's wife with cancer.

You should be banned from society for being such a stupid pile of shit.

Liberals love power and will do anything to get it and keep it, whereas conservatives put the nation's interests first priority.

The GOP isn't going run TV ads obamination killed a woman with cancer to win votes, Democraps do run those kind of ads to dupe idiots like found on this board.
No, you're just going to try to gerry-mander your way into the WH like you tried to do in Virginia, yesterday.

That's a crock, I guess you don't watch Foxnews and listen to limbaugh, hannity, beck, savage, boortz, ingraham, bruce, that jerk off from Ohio (cunningham I think), levin, and the rest of those blowhards malign "libruls", "the Blacks", "the Hispanics", and Obama on a daily basis. :lol:

Whose money do the conservatives use to pay off debt? Or do they just like to borrow, spend, and then blame the "liberal" for raising taxes to pay off the debts that the "conservatives" accrued?

LOL

You never heard the expression 'debt to his fellow man'?

English your second language or something?

Psycho boy...you are really that insane claiming obamination's goons didn't run an ad claiming Romney/Bain Capital killed a worker's wife with cancer.

Are you stating that those ads in question came DIRECTLY from Obama's campaign?

That's not what I said, bitch-boy, are you going to own up to what you did in Virginia yesterday?

That is it in a nutshell. The way I see it liberals think society forces people to do things, conservatives think people make their own choices. Liberals are pessimists who think people have no chance unless they get help, conservatives are optimists who think people can do anything.

that is idiocy.

here's a hint: you can't... because if it were an advancement, it wouldn't be conservative, it would be liberal.

According to your definition, conservatives are responsible for ending slavery, creating the United States, and winning the War in Afghanistan.

You mean what used to be classified as a republican, not the same thing as a conservative.... But nice try.

So shitbag....tell us all here what they said about "blacks and hispanics on FOXNews."

Come on shitbag, tell us.....I wonder why the other media didn't say a peep about the "racists over at FOXNews" surely that would be HEADLINE NEWS....

That's a crock, I guess you don't watch Foxnews and listen to limbaugh, hannity, beck, savage, boortz, ingraham, bruce, that jerk off from Ohio (cunningham I think), levin, and the rest of those blowhards malign "libruls", "the Blacks", "the Hispanics", and Obama on a daily basis. :lol:

A Democrap PAC operated by liberal scum like you ran the TV ads....Obamination never told them to stop, so he supported the commerical that aired across the nation on TV.

I understand how you scum operate, you create a little PAC then run dirty ads so you can claim you have nothing to do with it.

Are you stating that those ads in question came DIRECTLY from Obama's campaign?

We understand you got ass raped in VA, but don't tell us here....psycho boy.

So shitbag....tell us all here what they said about "blacks and hispanics on FOXNews."

Come on shitbag, tell us.....I wonder why the other media didn't say a peep about the "racists over at FOXNews" surely that would be HEADLINE NEWS....
What did you do in Virginia, fuckhead?

We understand you got ass raped in VA, but don't tell us here....psycho boy.

What did you do in Virginia, fuckhead?
Everyone has seen what you fuckers do behind the backs of the nation.

that is idiocy.

Probably one of the dumbest things I have ever seen you post, Jill.. conservatism does not mean never changing, completely stagnant, etc...

But conservatives are the ones who try and keep the status quo though - more often than not...

The hell they do. There has never been a more self-centred, egomanical, narcisstic, "it's all about me, mine, mine, mine", type of person than the American Neocon whackjob. An interesting species that is slowly, but surely, going the way of the Dodo...

Of course you believe that, shit stain.

The hell they do. There has never been a more self-centred, egomanical, narcisstic, "it's all about me, mine, mine, mine", type of person than the American Neocon whackjob. An interesting species that is slowly, but surely, going the way of the Dodo...

LOL

You never heard the expression 'debt to his fellow man'?

English your second language or something?

How come you won't answer the question? I'll ask again, whose money do the conservatives use to pay off the debt? Ultimately the point of the statement that you may have quoted or paraphrased was a slam against "social programs" that "liberals" spend money on. The conservatives spend the money on the same things.

Forum List

Back