The difference between anti-Zionism and criticism of Israel

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
This is a very good articulation of the differences between anti-semitism, anti-Zionism and criticism of Israel. I apologize for posting video as I know it is not always a good use of your time. The relevant parts begin at 3:30ish and continue for only a few minutes. If you are inclined -- please watch the whole thing as it is, as I said, a good articulation of the issues involved by a relatively balanced speaker.

The speaker asks us to consider Zionism as the Jewish liberation movement. And that we should re-educate ourselves if we reject the very idea of a Jewish liberation movement. And that we understand that the Jewish liberation movement is both necessary and equivalent to other liberation movements (including the Palestinian one).

I think the only honest thing the speaker said was that he didn't know enough.

I could careless about jews or Zionist. What I care about is their treatment of the people who lived there for centuries of which they are killing off and no one is doing anything about it. Zionist have no divine right to the land, and for one I am anti the money the US gives to Israel every year.

Oh and how they use the Christians in the US, taking every dollar some Christians think they should give to Israel, I wish people would wake the hell up.

I could careless about jews or Zionist. What I care about is their treatment of the people who lived there for centuries of which they are killing off and no one is doing anything about it.

Which was one of the points in the video. That vilification of Israel as demonstrated above is NOT criticism of Israel.

Last edited:
This is a very good articulation of the differences between anti-semitism, anti-Zionism and criticism of Israel.

I watched the whole video as I was interested what Howard Jacobson had to say and found it disturbing on several levels. Howard seems to have completly bought in to the Zionist narrative of the Jewish "nation" (but I expected that, many Jewish people now believe themselves to be a "race") but more importantly he repeated on several occasions that critics of Zionist Israel and Zionism should be "re-educated".

This word sent shivers down my spine as "re-education" was a another word for Brainwashing, especially by Communist regimes in my day. I'm not sure how a Jewish liberal can rail against orthodoxy in one breath and then advocate re-education to what was until recently an orthodox view, in another.

He seems to overlook the fact that most of us, anti-Zionists, HAVE re-educated ourselves (read more than one book as he states) which is why we hold to our position. Describing Jeremy Corbin as a "lost cause" because he's been spoon fed anti-Zionism from birth, is both condescending and fallacious; the same accusation could be levelled at Howard as regards Zionism.

Howard's interview is a classic example of how Zionism has appropriated the rich, varied religious-cultural significance of Jewish "identity" and in particular, alleged Jewish "exile" for it's own narrow, colonial purpose.

No liberation movement has, as its goal, the dispossession and subjugation of another people unless you consider the Sudetendeutsche Karlsbadder Movement a national liberation movement.

This is a very good articulation of the differences between anti-semitism, anti-Zionism and criticism of Israel. I apologize for posting video as I know it is not always a good use of your time. The relevant parts begin at 3:30ish and continue for only a few minutes. If you are inclined -- please watch the whole thing as it is, as I said, a good articulation of the issues involved by a relatively balanced speaker.

The speaker asks us to consider Zionism as the Jewish liberation movement. And that we should re-educate ourselves if we reject the very idea of a Jewish liberation movement. And that we understand that the Jewish liberation movement is both necessary and equivalent to other liberation movements (including the Palestinian one).

Anyone whining about a tiny strip of sand smaller than San Diego County has only one reason to be so animated - anti semitism.

Suggest a chinese invasion of the even tinier strip of islands known as Florida Keys and watch Weatherman2020 beg the US government to nuke the hell out of Beijing.

I could careless about jews or Zionist. What I care about is their treatment of the people who lived there for centuries of which they are killing off and no one is doing anything about it. Zionist have no divine right to the land, and for one I am anti the money the US gives to Israel every year.

Oh and how they use the Christians in the US, taking every dollar some Christians think they should give to Israel, I wish people would wake the hell up.

Then how about you prove they had lived there for centuries then, as the evidence from the muslims own census shows they didn't.
They do have a legal right to the land though don't they, and this is what you ignore all the time.
Of course you are as your imam has told you to say so.
They don't use anyone that is not already trying to use them.

This is a very good articulation of the differences between anti-semitism, anti-Zionism and criticism of Israel.

I watched the whole video as I was interested what Howard Jacobson had to say and found it disturbing on several levels. Howard seems to have completly bought in to the Zionist narrative of the Jewish "nation" (but I expected that, many Jewish people now believe themselves to be a "race") but more importantly he repeated on several occasions that critics of Zionist Israel and Zionism should be "re-educated".

This word sent shivers down my spine as "re-education" was a another word for Brainwashing, especially by Communist regimes in my day. I'm not sure how a Jewish liberal can rail against orthodoxy in one breath and then advocate re-education to what was until recently an orthodox view, in another.

He seems to overlook the fact that most of us, anti-Zionists, HAVE re-educated ourselves (read more than one book as he states) which is why we hold to our position. Describing Jeremy Corbin as a "lost cause" because he's been spoon fed anti-Zionism from birth, is both condescending and fallacious; the same accusation could be levelled at Howard as regards Zionism.

Howard's interview is a classic example of how Zionism has appropriated the rich, varied religious-cultural significance of Jewish "identity" and in particular, alleged Jewish "exile" for it's own narrow, colonial purpose.

Thanks for admitting that you have been re-educated by the communists, it proves everyone right about you

No liberation movement has, as its goal, the dispossession and subjugation of another people unless you consider the Sudetendeutsche Karlsbadder Movement a national liberation movement.

So what does this make hamas, fatah and all the other Palestinian movements that have the mass murder of the Jews as one of their goals ?

Where is the part where he justifies the theft of Palestinian land?

Edit - Afrikaners don't deserve a national movement on South African land, why should Jews deserve Palestinian land. Non Palestinian Jews

Coyote

Remember we were talking about the changes of meanings of words on the other thread? "Colonialism".

No liberation movement has, as its goal, the dispossession and subjugation of another people ...

We agree. The Jewish liberation movement has, as its goal, the safety, security and liberation of the Jewish people in the form of national self-determination.

Forum List

Back