the dictatorship of the whitehouse.

Vintij

Feb 13, 2007
Anaheim, CA
Jimmy Carter was quoted Saturday in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette as saying "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."

The white house responded with this.

"I think it's sad that President Carter's reckless personal criticism is out there," said Fratto. "I think it's unfortunate. And I think he is proving to be increasingly irrelevant with these kinds of comments."

Okay, so what makes them any better for attacking a former president?

Does this mean that everyone who dissagrees with this administration is "increasingly irrelevant"?

If they respond that way to a former president, why would they think normal american people (who never served in office) are relevant either?

Perhaps if he listened to the "irrelevant" critics, (also known as the citizens of the U.S.) he would still have controll of congress and the house right now. More proof that this administration, is increasingly out of touch with everyone outside of the bubble.

Jimmy Carter was quoted Saturday in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette as saying "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."

"I think it's sad that President Carter's reckless personal criticism is out there," said Fratto. "I think it's unfortunate. And I think he is proving to be increasingly irrelevant with these kinds of comments."

Does this mean that everyone who dissagrees with this administration is "increasingly irrelevant"?

If they respond that way to a former president, why would they think normal american people (who never served in office) are relevant either?

Perhaps if he listened to the "irrelevant" critics, (also known as the citizens of the U.S.) he would still have controll of congress and the house right now. More proof that this administration, is increasingly out of touch with everyone outside of the bubble.
You and others, including myself have had much to say about the administration, however that is not fodder for those who wish us harm. Seriously, the Jimmah is funded by radical Palestinians which is what caused him his last brouhaha. HE is the worst president ever, he's hoping to market the idea that he's not the worst.

Yes I think that Bush does consider all of his critics, no matter how much they continue to increase in numbers, to be "irrelevant". The fact of the matter is, this lame-duck President, now less popular than Hemmeroids, is the one fast become "irrelevant".

You are aware that Carter has changed what he said. he has stated he only meant worst when compared to Nixon's administration, which he said he thought did well. He specifically said he did not intend to say worst of all Presidents.

You are aware that Carter has changed what he said. he has stated he only meant worst when compared to Nixon's administration, which he said he thought did well. He specifically said he did not intend to say worst of all Presidents.

Yes I heard that, but how do you mistake, "worse in history" with "worse than nixon"? There is a pretty significant difference there.

And its not the fact that they attacked jimmy carter, because he wasnt a great president, its the fact that they attacked a critic who knows what its like to be president. It leads me to believe that they think that the american people are irrelevant as well, considering the american people have not served as president, and jimmy carter has. And the american people are criticizing bush as well, in ways similar to jimmy carters comments. I can only imagine what he says behind closed doors about normal 98 IQ scoring americans. (national average IQ score fyi)

Gunny is irrelevant. So are kitty and me. We were not attacked or even responded to by the WH. Jimmy Carter was.

Yes I heard that, but how do you mistake, "worse in history" with "worse than nixon"? There is a pretty significant difference there.

And its not the fact that they attacked jimmy carter, because he wasnt a great president, its the fact that they attacked a critic who knows what its like to be president. It leads me to believe that they think that the american people are irrelevant as well, considering the american people have not served as president, and jimmy carter has. And the american people are criticizing bush as well, in ways similar to jimmy carters comments. I can only imagine what he says behind closed doors about normal 98 IQ scoring americans. (national average IQ score fyi)

That makes him, Jimmy Carter, very relevant in the eyes of the world. He didn't need the help but he appreciates it anyway. I know I certainly appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, the opinion of Jimmy Carter IS worthless. The man was one of the worst Presidents we ever had. HIS record on relations were abysmal. It would be great if he could find someone else to remove him from the bottom of the barrel.

Bush on the other hand has only been "bad" to France, Germany and Belgium. Ohh wait, I forgot, France is the be all of nations we should cow tow too.

Carter makes a public attack on a serving President and you think it not inappropriate, BUT the response from the White House IS in your opinion inappropriate. Yup that makes perfect sense.

Clinton and Carter have totally shredded the image of former Presidents and their behavior toward serving Presidents and other former Presidents. But who would have thunk it, A serial liar and criminal that can't keep his mouth shut and a peanut farmer that gave North Korea the material and time to build nuclear weapons , that made a deal with a mass murdering terrorist AND got a peace prize for his efforts.

Yup, the opinion of Jimmy Carter IS worthless. The man was one of the worst Presidents we ever had. HIS record on relations were abysmal. It would be great if he could find someone else to remove him from the bottom of the barrel.

Bush on the other hand has only been "bad" to France, Germany and Belgium. Ohh wait, I forgot, France is the be all of nations we should cow tow too.

Carter makes a public attack on a serving President and you think it not inappropriate, BUT the response from the White House IS in your opinion inappropriate. Yup that makes perfect sense.

Clinton and Carter have totally shredded the image of former Presidents and their behavior toward serving Presidents and other former Presidents. But who would have thunk it, A serial liar and criminal that can't keep his mouth shut and a peanut farmer that gave North Korea the material and time to build nuclear weapons , that made a deal with a mass murdering terrorist AND got a peace prize for his efforts.

Well seeing as most of america takes shots at president bush, I dont see him saying publicly that we are irrelevant, why? Because he uses us for our vote, and then ignores the will of his own people.

I know this administration is not getting any peace prizes, any time soon. As bad as carter was, Bush is closing in on his approval rating average. So that puts them both in the boat as "worst presidents" except carter has something to show for it, a peace prize. What does Bush have? Besides 3000 american soldiers blood on his hands, a failed Iraqi democracy, failed healthcare, failed immigration, failed capturing osama, Failed with hurricane katrina, failed to prevent 9-11, failed to stop white house scandal which has plagued this administration from the beginning, failed with the tornados in kansas, and finally....failed to win either the house or the senate.

Infact, most historians in the nation have voted that Bush's administration was a failure. Here is the link

http://hnn.us/articles/5019.html

And they know a thing or two about past administrations.

The truth hurts.

Bush has been "bad" to his own citizens. And he's a laughing stock around the world because he lacks knowledge and insight and he's forgotten that along with the "stick" you need the carrot of diplomacy.

As for Bill Clinton, he's widely admired around the world... unlike the current occupant of the white house. Even here at home, at his worst, Clinton's poll numbers weren't the sinking, embarrassment that Bush's are.

Bush has been "bad" to his own citizens. And he's a laughing stock around the world because he lacks knowledge and insight and he's forgotten that along with the "stick" you need the carrot of diplomacy.

As for Bill Clinton, he's widely admired around the world... unlike the current occupant of the white house. Even here at home, at his worst, Clinton's poll numbers weren't the sinking, embarrassment that Bush's are.

And the underlying difference between the two? Clinton was an appeaser of world opinion and Bush is not.

I think Clinton was too far in the direction of turning a blind eye while Bush let just a bit too much "righting wrongs" idealism dictate his actions.

And the underlying difference between the two? Clinton was an appeaser of world opinion and Bush is not.

I think Clinton was too far in the direction of turning a blind eye while Bush let just a bit too much "righting wrongs" idealism dictate his actions.

I don't know if Bill Clinton turned a blind eye. I think he chose his battles. As for Bush, I don't see him as "idealistic", I see him as ignorant and bullying and trying to impose his "don't mess with Texas" attitude on the rest of the world.

Ultimately, he wasn't knowledgeable enough about the world to learn how to advance an agenda which benefitted us without just using the "stick" and doing things like massage the shoulders of a fellow world leader made him look like a rube.... That kind of behavior reflects on all of us.

And no... no one internationally gave a rat's patoot about Monica. (Just figured I'd respond pre-emptively... lol!)

I don't know if Bill Clinton turned a blind eye. I think he chose his battles. As for Bush, I don't see him as "idealistic", I see him as ignorant and bullying and trying to impose his "don't mess with Texas" attitude on the rest of the world.

Ultimately, he wasn't knowledgeable enough about the world to learn how to advance an agenda which benefitted us without just using the "stick" and doing things like massage the shoulders of a fellow world leader made him look like a rube.... That kind of behavior reflects on all of us.

And no... no one internationally gave a rat's patoot about Monica. (Just figured I'd respond pre-emptively... lol!)

And for the millionth time, Clionton didn't get Impeached because he had sex, he got Impeached because he LIED under oath to a Judge in a case that directkly effected him, in other words he lied to protect his sorry ass. The Impeachment articles were absolutely correct and he was guilty as sin of them. Politics and his buddies in his own party protected him.

Also for the millionth time, there is NO requirement in the Constitution that if a President is successfully Impeached he be removed from office. He should have been found guilty and some other punishment applied. Hell I don't even care if any punishment was applied. he should have been found guilty though as he was GUILTY.

And for the millionth time, Clionton didn't get Impeached because he had sex, he got Impeached because he LIED under oath to a Judge in a case that directkly effected him, in other words he lied to protect his sorry ass. The Impeachment articles were absolutely correct and he was guilty as sin of them. Politics and his buddies in his own party protected him.

Also for the millionth time, there is NO requirement in the Constitution that if a President is successfully Impeached he be removed from office. He should have been found guilty and some other punishment applied. Hell I don't even care if any punishment was applied. he should have been found guilty though as he was GUILTY.

I think people like to pretend it was over the sex rather than the lie because they trivialize sex.

Honestly, I think cheating on ones wife is far worse than lying in court morally. but they don't care about character. Its just saying the right stuff that is important. even if you do the exact opposite.

Forum List

Back