The Despicable Derrick Bell

The Japanese who's rights were violated were still alive and they are the ones who received compensation. The last black who was ever a slave died at least 50 years ago.

The situation with the Indians is too complicated to even bring into this discussion.

The bottom line is, I have never done a thing to any black person. As a matter of fact, none of my ancestors ever had anything to do with slavery. They came to this country long after slavery was abolished. Why should I be taxed so they can be "compensated" for crimes they never experienced?

You make a weird analogy here. Rights violated?

I thought you conservatives held that rights were a natural thing.

Dragging people off from another country to be sold into slavery is about the grossest violation of "natural rights" I can imagine.

Those people have all been dead for 200 years. The people who will be compensated never were slaves. They are entitled to nothing from me.

If you understood rights you would understand that children aren't responsible for the sins of their fathers. Furthermore, my fathers committed no sins.

Again, why am I obligated to compensate someone who isn't the victim of any crime?

Depending on who you talk too..some say the last US slave died in 1927. In any case..after the Civil war..black people in this country faced apartheid in the south and massive discrimination in the north. Slavery itself led to poverty and suffering for generations. The detrimental effects are still felt today. And if you count yourself as an American..it was America..that caused all this misery.

Really? Then I suppose you can produce evidence of West Africans with their own money in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Post 131. Oh..and the Songhais were doing brain surgery. :eusa_whistle:

The word "money" doesn't even appear in your article.

No banana.

Furthermore, that empire ended in the 16th century.

Seriously man. Doing the exact word thing doesn't further your cause. There was an economy..taxation and trade. They used currency. It may not have been what we use today..but these were huge empires.

And..

Mali Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Japanese who's rights were violated were still alive and they are the ones who received compensation. The last black who was ever a slave died at least 50 years ago.

The situation with the Indians is too complicated to even bring into this discussion.

The bottom line is, I have never done a thing to any black person. As a matter of fact, none of my ancestors ever had anything to do with slavery. They came to this country long after slavery was abolished. Why should I be taxed so they can be "compensated" for crimes they never experienced?

Dragging people off from another country to be sold into slavery is about the grossest violation of "natural rights" I can imagine.

Those people have all been dead for 200 years. The people who will be compensated never were slaves. They are entitled to nothing from me.

If you understood rights you would understand that children aren't responsible for the sins of their fathers. Furthermore, my fathers committed no sins.

Again, why am I obligated to compensate someone who isn't the victim of any crime?

Learn the history of American, you dumbass.

" In Alabama alone, hundreds of thousands of pages of public documents attest to the arrests, subsequent sale, and delivery of thousands of African Americans into mines, lumber camps, quarries, farms, and factories. More than thirty thousand pages related to debt slavery cases sit in the files of the Department of Justice at the National Archives. Altogether, millions of mostly obscure entries in the public record offer details of a forced labor system of monotonous enormity.

Instead of thousands of true thieves and thugs drawn into the system over decades, the records demonstrate the capture and imprisonment of thousands of random indigent citizens, almost always under the thinnest chimera of probable cause or judicial process. The total number of workers caught in this net had to have totaled more than a hundred thousand and perhaps more than twice that figure. Instead of evidence showing black crime waves, the original records of county jails indicated thousands of arrests for inconsequential charges or for violations of laws specifically written to intimidate blacks—changing employers without permission, vagrancy, riding freight cars without a ticket, engaging in sexual activity— or loud talk—with white women."

Excerpt | Slavery By Another Name

Depending on who you talk too..some say the last US slave died in 1927. In any case..after the Civil war..black people in this country faced apartheid in the south and massive discrimination in the north. Slavery itself led to poverty and suffering for generations. The detrimental effects are still felt today. And if you count yourself as an American..it was America..that caused all this misery.

Sorry, buddy, but I'm not responsible for every crime or injustice ever committed by an American. The claim that I am goes against every comprehensible understanding of justice. I have done nothing to any African American, living or dead.

Millions of immigrants arrived in this country from Europe, Asia and Latin America after slavery was over. Are their descendants guilty too and expected to pay out hard cash to redeem themselves? Even those whites whose ancestors were here before the Civil War know that most of those ancestors -- whether they lived in the North or the South -- owned no slaves.

Even during the era of slavery, most white people owned no slaves. Are their descendants supposed to pay for the descendants of those who did?

Furthermore, black slaves were captured and sold by other black Africans. Blaming it all on America is pure demagoguery.

The bottom line is, there is no person living today who is responsible for slavery or any problem of black people. No principle of just permits you to penalize people who are totally innocent. Blaming it on "America" is a scam designed to suck more money from taxpayers. The people who promote it are con artists.

" In Alabama alone, hundreds of thousands of pages of public documents attest to the arrests, subsequent sale, and delivery of thousands of African Americans into mines, lumber camps, quarries, farms, and factories. More than thirty thousand pages related to debt slavery cases sit in the files of the Department of Justice at the National Archives. Altogether, millions of mostly obscure entries in the public record offer details of a forced labor system of monotonous enormity.

Instead of thousands of true thieves and thugs drawn into the system over decades, the records demonstrate the capture and imprisonment of thousands of random indigent citizens, almost always under the thinnest chimera of probable cause or judicial process. The total number of workers caught in this net had to have totaled more than a hundred thousand and perhaps more than twice that figure. Instead of evidence showing black crime waves, the original records of county jails indicated thousands of arrests for inconsequential charges or for violations of laws specifically written to intimidate blacks—changing employers without permission, vagrancy, riding freight cars without a ticket, engaging in sexual activity— or loud talk—with white women."

Learn some simple logic, moron. How am I responsible for any of that?

Post 131. Oh..and the Songhais were doing brain surgery. :eusa_whistle:

The word "money" doesn't even appear in your article.

No banana.

Furthermore, that empire ended in the 16th century.

Seriously man. Doing the exact word thing doesn't further your cause. There was an economy..taxation and trade. They used currency. It may not have been what we use today..but these were huge empires.

And..

Mali Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can have taxation and trade without money. Sorry, but you posted no evidence of money. The Egyptians did not have money. I don't think it was widely used until the Greek era.

No banana.

"Those people have all been dead for 200 years. The people who will be compensated never were slaves. They are entitled to nothing from me.
Again, why am I obligated to compensate someone who isn't the victim of any crime?"

You are clueless about American history.

"Those people have all been dead for 200 years. The people who will be compensated never were slaves. They are entitled to nothing from me.
Again, why am I obligated to compensate someone who isn't the victim of any crime?"

Really? Name one person living today who was ever a slave.

You're a moron.

Republicansjust hate poor people, I guess...lol. How about good jobs, health care, and great schools for EVERYONE? Just vote Dem-see sig pp1.

Last edited:

You still haven't shown how I'm responsible for anything you're crying about. You haven't shown how a single thing I said is wrong. You simply whined some more.

Republicansjust hate poor people, I guess...lol. How about good jobs, health care, and great schools for EVERYONE? Just vote Dem-see sig pp1.

What does any of that have to do with paying reparations?

Right, vote Dem. Vote "gimee, gimee, gimee."

Forum List

Back