The Dependency President

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
The Obama media think this new magic number will help Obama. They hope it diverts our attention from the disaster in the Middle East, where Obama faces a Carter-like catastrophe. They hope it shifts our focus from genuine shockers, like the fact that Obama has missed a literal majority of his daily intelligence briefings, including all of them in the week leading up to the anniversary of 9/11 and the Middle East eruption. Our nation's so-called "journalists" dig feverishly for something negative regarding their true enemy: Mitt Romney. They smell blood (or so they hope) in this "47 percent" thing. They sense a winning issue for the president who they strive not to cover with objective reporting but to shamelessly promote.

If I were they, however, I wouldn't be so confident. You want to talk about "47"? I'll give you a "47" that all of this comes back to: It's the 47 million Americans who are on food stamps. That's an astonishing number, truly unprecedented, and it strikes at the core of Mitt Romney's message, and, more so, at what works to Romney's advantage in this election -- and to Obama's disadvantage.

Newt Gingrich has used the phrase "food stamp president" to describe President Obama. He has done so for good reason. No other president has overseen such an upsurge in the number of Americans on food stamps. It's a record -- a dubious record of, yes, heightened dependency..........

The American Spectator : '47' -- What's in a Number?

I started a thread of similar premise earlier... http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/248529-squirrel-the-obama-campaign-of-deflection.html
Weird that libs don't want to talk about that, huh? :eusa_whistle:

They KNOW this whole 47% thing is a giant deflection. They're just hoping that people won't notice what it means economically that 47% of Americans aren't wealthy enough and don't have enough work income to be required to pay federal taxes. Their very deflection puts a giant spotlight on how crappy the economy is and how much we NEED to change direction.

Forum List

Back