The Dems Will Lose Less Seats than You Think

I agree with much of what you wrote except for the part that the Economy is about to turn around...
Personally I believe that the unemployment figures are going to be hovering in the 6-8% and change range for at least the next 3 years...

If I am right and 1 million jobs are created between now and the election, that will mean an unemployment rate of around 9%, still extremely high.

However, though the economy will still be bad, things will be getting incrementally better and people will be more optimistic. Some of the anti-incumbent mood will dissipate. Not enough to avoid significant losses for the Democrats but enough so that they will retain both houses, though with reduced majorities.

I hope I can bang supermodels.
But that probably won't happen either.

However I do think an unprecedented turnover in the House is very likely, and that will gum up Obama's agenda long enough to make it a forgotten chapter in American history in a short time

And we should take your predictions seriously because...?

Because Obama has awaken a sleeping giant. The American people will not forget this vote. A majority of Americans are opposed to this bill. And will turn out in record numbers for payback for not being listened to!!!! Come on now pass amnesty. Do you remember that the people are against this also? Get more people to come out and vote you out!!!

HA! You all misinterpret the polls. Once again, I have to explain.

If they had asked "Without any other alternative, would you prefer this bill pass, or fail?" The polling would have been in the 70%+ approval.

You forget that about HALF of respondents disapprove because it doesn't go far enough. That leaves you with roughly 25% who hoped the bill would fail. Of those 25% this old soul predicts at least half will come around when they begin to understand that it's not a fucking government takeover and it benefits most americans.

As far as polling goes now... Obama's RCP average has already upticked to 47.4 approval / 46.8 disapproval (From 47/47 yesterday). Watch what happens in the next few weeks, and learn how very wrong you are.

I agree with much of what you wrote except for the part that the Economy is about to turn around...
Personally I believe that the unemployment figures are going to be hovering in the 6-8% and change range for at least the next 3 years...

If I am right and 1 million jobs are created between now and the election, that will mean an unemployment rate of around 9%, still extremely high.

However, though the economy will still be bad, things will be getting incrementally better and people will be more optimistic. Some of the anti-incumbent mood will dissipate. Not enough to avoid significant losses for the Democrats but enough so that they will retain both houses, though with reduced majorities.

I'm waiting for him to take on the trade deals with China. That's where our real growth will come from.

No doubt the Democrats are going to lose seats in November. They have made healthcare their priority when they should have been focusing more so on the economy, healthcare is unpopular, and Obama hasn't been particularly effective. Plus, they're Democrats, which makes them pretty much incompetent in their DNA anyways. (Over the past 10 years, the Republicans seemed to have programmed their DNA for incompetence too.)

But I don't think the Democrats are going to lose either chamber. Personally, I'd like to see the GOP win one because both parties are too stupid to control everything. We saw that under Bush and we're seeing it again now. So I'm all for divided government and am hoping for Republican gains.

The Dems will lose 30-50 seats in the House and 4-6 seats in the Senate. That is probably better than most pundits think. Here's why.

First, the center is not angry over healthcare, unlike the Right. They may not support it but there is no seething anger, unlike the Right. Six months from now, once the healthcare bill is passed, it will be less of an issue for the center.

Second, the Democrats next target will be the financial industry. The GOP's healthcare posture has been "Just say no." That has worked for healthcare but will not work for financial reform. Thus far, the GOP has been following the same script in financial reform as they have for healthcare reform. It will not work. Financial reform will not be as big as healthcare reform, but the GOP is digging in to protect entrenched interests who profited enormously from the government sponsored bailouts and are spending tens of millions of dollars to fight it. Whether or not the Democrats implement meaningful reform is another story, but they will use GOP defense of Wall Street as a stick to beat the Republicans with.

Finally, and most importantly, the economy is getting better. Soon, you will see positive job growth. Between now and October, over a million jobs may be created in the economy. That may sound like a lot but it is in fact below the average coming out of a recession and even below long-term trends. The economy is still going to be sluggish and unemployment will still be high, but the headlines will be more positive and people will feel more optimistic. That will help the Democrats.

Of course, never underestimate the Democrats ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but I think those hoping for a Republican takeover of Congress are going to be disappointed.

It will be a blood bath amd they will not only lose the house but the senate as well. Americans do not like it when tyranny takes over and a government rides rough shot over them. They WILL NOT forget, because they will be reminded over and over and over again by the opposing conservative candidate. This administration and it's cronies voted AGAINST the will of the majority- they will pay and pay dearly. In 2012 they will pay even more.

How can you predict the economy 2 years out? Reagan was in worse shape in the spring of 82 than Obama is now.

Funny, I recall Reagan raising taxes what? 6 times after 81 at least? :eusa_think:

Wrong. The Democrat controlled House and Senate raised taxes 6 times after 1981....nice try at rewriting the Constitution...but the CONGRESS is the legislative branch...got that?

I'm waiting for him to take on the trade deals with China. That's where our real growth will come from.

:lol: Where are you going to shop? You are another unemployed leach sucking off the welfare teet, looking for the next hand out and Wal-Mart is the only place you can afford to buy stuff at.

And we should take your predictions seriously because...?

Because Obama has awaken a sleeping giant. The American people will not forget this vote. A majority of Americans are opposed to this bill. And will turn out in record numbers for payback for not being listened to!!!! Come on now pass amnesty. Do you remember that the people are against this also? Get more people to come out and vote you out!!!

If they had asked "Without any other alternative, would you prefer this bill pass, or fail?" The polling would have been in the 70%+ approval.

You forget that about HALF of respondents disapprove because it doesn't go far enough. That leaves you with roughly 25% who hoped the bill would fail. Of those 25% this old soul predicts at least half will come around when they begin to understand that it's not a fucking government takeover and it benefits most americans.

As far as polling goes now... Obama's RCP average has already upticked to 47.4 approval / 46.8 disapproval (From 47/47 yesterday). Watch what happens in the next few weeks, and learn how very wrong you are.

What a load of bullshit propaganda. Dream on. ~BH

Gee, thanks BH. I never thought of it that way. :cuckoo:

:lol: Where are you going to shop? You are another unemployed leach sucking off the welfare teet, looking for the next hand out and Wal-Mart is the only place you can afford to buy stuff at.

Nope, not unemployed, and thank god for that. I'd hate to be one of 6-10 applying for every available job.

I'm self employed actually, and I'm proud and happy to say everything my business sells and consumes is manufactured right here in the USA, most of it right here in Pennsylvania.

Cuyo is full of shit.....check the comments on The Cartoon Network's(aka MSNBC) healthcare poll

70% of the Cartoon Network viewers disapprove of this new law.

Nope, not unemployed, and thank god for that. I'd hate to be one of 6-10 applying for every available job.

I'm self employed actually, and I'm proud and happy to say everything my business sells and consumes is manufactured right here in the USA, most of it right here in Pennsylvania.

Good...you're going to get bent over and fucked hard when you are FORCED to buy insurance at their new rates....otherwise you'll just get on the government dole...after 4 years of paying fines and higher taxes....:lol: Like I said...unemployed leach sucking the welfare teet.....:lol:

Your welcome. Of course you wouldn't.
smiley_hammerbash.gif
~BH

Good...you're going to get bent over and fucked hard when you are FORCED to buy insurance at their new rates....otherwise you'll just get on the government dole...after 4 years of paying fines and higher taxes....:lol: Like I said...unemployed leach sucking the welfare teet.....:lol:

Actually the mandate only applies to firms with 25 or more full-time employees. I have 4. If I'm fortunate enough to grow to 6 times my current size, I'll be happy and honored to offer healthcare to my employees. :)

Actually the mandate only applies to firms with 25 or more full-time employees. I have 4. If I'm fortunate enough to grow to 6 times my current size, I'll be happy and honored to offer healthcare to my employees. :)

Thanks a lot you greedy SOB. If you stepped up and did the decent thing (offered health care now), we wouldn't be in this mess.

You'll be taxed so high that it will bankrupt your Business. You'll learn. However when you finally wake up, it will be too late. ;) Poor guy. ~BH

Thanks a lot you greedy SOB. If you stepped up and did the decent thing (offered health care now), we wouldn't be in this mess.

The rate I could offer would be no better than individual rates; Another aspect the bill aims to change.

You'll be taxed so high that it will bankrupt your Business. You'll learn. However when you finally wake up, it will be too late. ;) Poor guy. ~BH

Good, good. Excellent to see that you're out for my best interests after all.

The rate I could offer would be no better than individual rates; Another aspect the bill aims to change.

Your greed, lack of caring for your employees and foresight is costing us all. There are group rates for every industry, you just didn't bother to check and step up to pay.

Forum List

Back