The Dems have sealed Obama's fate.

What do you think the " clean debate forum is, Allie?

a place to discuss topics without insults being thrown around?

I kinda welcoem this thread. A colleague of mine and I were discussing the "divides" as we call them just today, in fact.

I think Kosher ( maybe unknowingly ) raises an interesting question. WIll people see the division of race BEFORE the see the division of party and vote accordingly?

Personally, and this is NOT a knock on Kosher, I find the whole concept of the "black vote" as inherently racist. As if theyll vote as a block all one way regardless of their religious, ethical, political or economic circumstances.

Well, it seems to me that if someone doesn't want to be hit with tomatoes, the o/p shouldn't be intentionally insulting.

That said... We might not like it, but there are demographic realities. However, they are based on party divides more than epracial divides. In the same way thinking Palin would get the "woman's vote" was absurd, thinking a person of color picked by the far right would take the "black vote" would be absurd. Blacks traditionally vote democratic.. That is just reality, not racism.

He's going to lose a lot of his Black Baptist voters. That's not an insult, that's an opinion, based on the fact that there are 3000 of them ready to campaign against him.

I kinda welcoem this thread. A colleague of mine and I were discussing the "divides" as we call them just today, in fact.

I think Kosher ( maybe unknowingly ) raises an interesting question. WIll people see the division of race BEFORE the see the division of party and vote accordingly?

Personally, and this is NOT a knock on Kosher, I find the whole concept of the "black vote" as inherently racist. As if theyll vote as a block all one way regardless of their religious, ethical, political or economic circumstances.

Well, it seems to me that if someone doesn't want to be hit with tomatoes, the o/p shouldn't be intentionally insulting.

That said... We might not like it, but there are demographic realities. However, they are based on party divides more than epracial divides. In the same way thinking Palin would get the "woman's vote" was absurd, thinking a person of color picked by the far right would take the "black vote" would be absurd. Blacks traditionally vote democratic.. That is just reality, not racism.

He's going to lose a lot of his Black Baptist voters. That's not an insult, that's an opinion, based on the fact that there are 3000 of them ready to campaign against him.

3000 votes....oh dear.

Fact is that the far right conservatives have sealed Romneys fate

Alienating women, Hispanics, blacks, gays, non Christians, unions, teachers

Quite a constituency they have left him with....Angry, white, Christian males

they will lose some of the black vote. Maybe they'll stay home but I don't think it will be a determining factor.

I think you have a good point there. I tend to agree, and you have the facts to back you up.

they will lose some of the black vote. Maybe they'll stay home but I don't think it will be a determining factor.

Obama got such a high percentage in 2008, and he's counting on that same percentage this time. He's running into roadblocks he didn't have in 2008. I disagree, I think they do vote as a block and I think the block is starting to crumble around the edges.

It will be a shame if they do considering the whole idea of equal rights and civil rights should be near and dear to the black voter's heart. But, I think those ministers are going to lead a march against Obama, look around and find no one following them.

It sort of depends on whether there are really 3000 plus of them, or just five.

If there's just this one guy and a few others, that's one thing.

But if he's telling the truth and there are thousands, there will be people following them.

What do you think the " clean debate forum is, Allie?

I think its going to take some time for us all to get used to the new forum. LOl

that being said,

Kosher...I really dont think 3000 votes is going to be the deciding factor. I know Ive stated in the past that this election is going to be very very very close, but I dont think I meant THAT close...:)

3000 votes....oh dear.

No. Three thousand pastors. Remember when Holder went out to the pastors to tell them how to get out the vote and brought the IRS in tow to escape the politicizing in church for tax reasons? Those pastors have a voice! They can use their influence.

If you add a loss of some of the black vote, the independents going republican, some disenfranchised Democrats and unenthusiastic youth vote, we are looking at a very very tight race. Nothing could be taken for granted at this point.

:lol:

No less then 90 percent of black Americans will vote Obama.

Bank on it.

Perhaps he'll get 90% of blacks who end up voting.
But I'm guessing a ton of those who voted race in '08 will likely be doing what they've done in all prior presidential elections...they'll be sitting at home.

Bank on it.

It's sad that that high of a % will vote for someone even when they don't like/agree with that person, simply because of the letter naxt to their name.

Don't kid yourself, it's because of the Color of his Skin.

when Whites vote for someone because they are white, it's Racism.

When Blacks do it, it's what the Left Calls Justice.

Bank on it.

I would bank on significantly less than 90% of Black americans to vote for Obama for the following reasons:

1) Most blacks (Sadly most americans) don't vote at all. We only count who gets what percent of those who actually do vote.
2) There are going to be significantly less black voters turning out this year.

Bank on it.

It's sad that that high of a % will vote for someone even when they don't like/agree with that person, simply because of the letter naxt to their name.

Don't kid yourself, it's because of the Color of his Skin.

when Whites vote for someone because they are white, it's Racism.

When Blacks do it, it's what the Left Calls Justice.

No. Its still racist, but the Right pretends its some sort of leftist conspiracy to get the minorities to take down the white man.

But like I said, assuming the black vote is a single block instead of divided by economic, religious and political difference, is racist in and of itself.

Forum List

Back