The Dems have sealed Obama's fate.

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
He has officially lost the black vote.

"A group of conservative black pastors are responding to President Barack Obama’s support of same-sex marriage with what they say will be a national campaign aimed at rallying black Americans to rethink their overwhelming support of the President, though the group’s leader is offering few specifics about the effort."

“The strategic goal of this project is to drive a wedge between gays and blacks - two key Democratic constituencies," one NOM memo states. In light of the release, Brian Brown, president of NOM, said that he is proud of the group’s “strong record” on minority partnerships.
A Pew Research Center poll conducted in April found that 49% of African-Americans oppose legalized same-sex marriage, compared with 39% who support it. But that shows a softening on the position in recent years; In 2008, only 26% of blacks were in favor of same sex marriage, according to the same Pew poll."

Obama is ignoring the group that voted him in, and this is the beginning of the end.

Black pastors group launches anti-Obama campaign around gay marriage – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

I don't think only 10 percent of his black supporters are conservative Christians.

There are more than 3000 black pastors who are going to work against Obama in a huge, and well funded, campaign.

We're going to see unprecedented numbers of blacks coming out against Obama.

"President Obama has betrayed the Bible and the Black Church with his endorsement of same-sex marriage. The Bible is crystal clear on this subject, and the Black Church strongly opposes same-sex marriage. His endorsement is an inadvertent attack on the Christian Faith. America is now a candidate for the same judgment received by Sodom and Gomorrah. This was a sad, sad day and a very bad decision, by our beloved President. The moral impact of this day and decision is equal to the military impact of AL-Queda [sic] when they attacked the Twin Towers on 911. Today’s announcement is a moral earthquake equivalent to a tsunami or hurricane that will have far more devastating results than Katrina."

Southern Baptist Convention | rightwingwatch.org

"A group of conservative black pastors are responding to President Barack Obama’s support of same-sex marriage with what they say will be a national campaign aimed at rallying black Americans to rethink their overwhelming support of the President, though the group’s leader is offering few specifics about the effort."

“The strategic goal of this project is to drive a wedge between gays and blacks - two key Democratic constituencies," one NOM memo states. In light of the release, Brian Brown, president of NOM, said that he is proud of the group’s “strong record” on minority partnerships.
A Pew Research Center poll conducted in April found that 49% of African-Americans oppose legalized same-sex marriage, compared with 39% who support it. But that shows a softening on the position in recent years; In 2008, only 26% of blacks were in favor of same sex marriage, according to the same Pew poll."

Obama is ignoring the group that voted him in, and this is the beginning of the end.

Black pastors group launches anti-Obama campaign around gay marriage – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

What do you think the " clean debate forum is, Allie?

I don't think only 10 percent of his black supporters are conservative Christians.

There are more than 3000 black pastors who are going to work against Obama in a huge, and well funded, campaign.

We're going to see unprecedented numbers of blacks coming out against Obama.

"President Obama has betrayed the Bible and the Black Church with his endorsement of same-sex marriage. The Bible is crystal clear on this subject, and the Black Church strongly opposes same-sex marriage. His endorsement is an inadvertent attack on the Christian Faith. America is now a candidate for the same judgment received by Sodom and Gomorrah. This was a sad, sad day and a very bad decision, by our beloved President. The moral impact of this day and decision is equal to the military impact of AL-Queda [sic] when they attacked the Twin Towers on 911. Today’s announcement is a moral earthquake equivalent to a tsunami or hurricane that will have far more devastating results than Katrina."

Southern Baptist Convention | rightwingwatch.org

I think they will see Romney as more of a threat than Obama or the scary spectre of Same Sex marriage and vote accordingly.

The religious people are showing their intolerance to a minority. The black community has the right to not want something but logic dictates that gay marriage is an equal opportunity agenda and it should be allowed in a free society, and I support their cause for parity with the nation.
The Church and it's people that will hate gay marriage are showing how unchristian they can be. The thing that jesus said was to love each other as you love yourself, to love even more your enemies.

Last edited:

a place to discuss topics without insults being thrown around?

I kinda welcoem this thread. A colleague of mine and I were discussing the "divides" as we call them just today, in fact.

I think Kosher ( maybe unknowingly ) raises an interesting question. WIll people see the division of race BEFORE the see the division of party and vote accordingly?

Personally, and this is NOT a knock on Kosher, I find the whole concept of the "black vote" as inherently racist. As if theyll vote as a block all one way regardless of their religious, ethical, political or economic circumstances.

Wanna bet that Obama takes 50% of the black vote?

How bout 90%?

Can Romney take 10% of the black vote? can he take 40% of the Hispanic vote? Any of the gay vote? How about 45% of the womens vote?

a place to discuss topics without insults being thrown around?

I kinda welcoem this thread. A colleague of mine and I were discussing the "divides" as we call them just today, in fact.

I think Kosher ( maybe unknowingly ) raises an interesting question. WIll people see the division of race BEFORE the see the division of party and vote accordingly?

Personally, and this is NOT a knock on Kosher, I find the whole concept of the "black vote" as inherently racist. As if theyll vote as a block all one way regardless of their religious, ethical, political or economic circumstances.

Well, it seems to me that if someone doesn't want to be hit with tomatoes, the o/p shouldn't be intentionally insulting.

That said... We might not like it, but there are demographic realities. However, they are based on party divides more than epracial divides. In the same way thinking Palin would get the "woman's vote" was absurd, thinking a person of color picked by the far right would take the "black vote" would be absurd. Blacks traditionally vote democratic.. That is just reality, not racism.

I was under the impression for threads/topics you wanted to discuss and not be insulted or negged.

I do assume that door swings both ways.

That is a clean argument, and supported.

What do you think it is?

I believe we may not see the enthusiasm in the black vote as we did in 2008 and those who decide to stay home on election day may make a difference. Unemployment may have a lot to do with this as well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back