The Democrats are soooooooo out of touch!

The Democrats are soooooooo out of touch on illegal immigration. They think enforcing our laws is "extreme". Unbelievable!
-

Apparently you don't know about Ronald Reagan who passed the largest amnesty bill in this country's history. Turn off talk radio and study history. This stuff is on record.

Reagan flooded states like California with illegals in order to break the Union control of labor. He did this for big business in an effort to drive down labor costs - and it worked. Illegal immigrants overwhelm fast food, construction, and agriculture jobs in Southern California. They are not allowed to apply for Union status, and the employer pays them next to nothing, thus boosting profits.

Secondly, the Republican Party uses the illegal immigration problem (mostly through Talk Radio agitation) to drive conservatives to the voting booth. Illegal immigration is a main feeder to their "Boarders, Language, Culture" brand (which naive voters take seriously).

The Original Poster is probably a nice but naive kid who doesn't understand Nixonian triangulation (which Clinton mastered as well). The Republican Party satisfies two constituencies through illegal immigration. They give their wealthy business owners cheap labor (by quietly enforcing the borderless precedent established by Reagan), than they agitate the serfs through Talk Radio by complaining about the problem.

Regarding you original point. I agree with you. The Democrats are clueless on Illegal Immigration. I possess dual citizenship in the UK and USA because of my parents. London has worse problems with illegal immigration - and they also lie to naive voters.

Turn off talk radio. You are being lied to. But yes, I agree with your point as far as it goes. Sadly - and I mean no offense - you don't understand the source of the problem because you trust government too much. By government I mean the Republican Party, which has created an infrastructure that moves money from business into Talk Radio, FOX News, and other Republican news sources... all of which lie to you in order to protect the real source of the problem - which is capital's thirst for cheap labor. We can't fix America until the folks being lied to on both sides wake up

Last edited:
The Democrats are soooooooo out of touch on illegal immigration. They think enforcing our laws is "extreme". Unbelievable!
-

Apparently you don't know about Ronald Reagan who passed the largest amnesty bill in this country's history. Turn off talk radio and study history. This stuff is on record.

Reagan flooded states like California with illegals in order to break the Union control of labor. He did this for big business in an effort to drive down labor costs - and it worked. Illegal immigrants overwhelm fast food, construction, and agriculture jobs in Southern California. They are not allowed to apply for Union status, and the employer pays them next to nothing, thus boosting profits.

Secondly, the Republican Party uses the illegal immigration problem (mostly through Talk Radio agitation) to drive conservatives to the voting booth. Illegal immigration is a main feeder to their "Boarders, Language, Culture" brand (which naive voters take seriously).

The Original Poster is probably a nice but naive kid who doesn't understand Nixonian triangulation (which Clinton mastered as well). The Republican Party satisfies two constituencies through illegal immigration. They give their wealthy business owners cheap labor (by quietly enforcing the borderless precedent established by Reagan), than they agitate the serfs through Talk Radio by complaining about the problem.

Regarding you original point. I agree with you. The Democrats are clueless on Illegal Immigration. I possess dual citizenship in the UK and USA because of my parents. London has worse problems with illegal immigration - and they also lie to naive voters.

Turn off talk radio. You are being lied to. But yes, I agree with your point as far as it goes. Sadly - and I mean no offense - you don't understand the source of the problem because you trust government too much. By government I mean the Republican Party, which has created an infrastructure that moves money from business into Talk Radio, FOX News, and other Republican news sources... all of which lie to you in order to protect the real source of the problem - which is capital's thirst for cheap labor. We can't fix America until the folks being lied to on both sides wake up

The 1986 IRCA that Reagan signed also had stiff enforcement provisions to stop FUTURE illegal immigration. Had these provisions not been ignored BY BOTH PARTIES, we wouldn't be having this discussion. However, the root of the problem dates back to 1965, when Teddy 'The Swimmer' Kennedy pushed through his abomination of an immigration bill.

1965 Immigration Law Changed Face of America : NPR

Why not make them legal?

Give them migrant work Visas. Allow them to work, pay taxes, stop hiding. Allow them to go home when they want and come back to work.
Allow them to apply for citizenship and get credit for the time they have been here

ok....are they also going to have to pay a sum of cash for the back taxes they did not pay?....

How would you determine what they owe? There's no records of stolen social security numbers...

how is RW going to determine the credit for the time they have been here?....

Why not make them legal?

Give them migrant work Visas. Allow them to work, pay taxes, stop hiding. Allow them to go home when they want and come back to work.
Allow them to apply for citizenship and get credit for the time they have been here

ok....are they also going to have to pay a sum of cash for the back taxes they did not pay?....

No

Because given the chance they would have gladly accepted a fair wage and paid a tax on it

If anything, those who employed them should have to pay back taxes

so the Illegal does not have to bear any kind of punishment at all for being here illegally?.....im sorry RW....i have to pay my taxes,so should they.....then tell them the Fee (California is good with Fees) is going to be 5,000.00 Dollars if you want to be a part of the US legally....if not....the next plane for your Country leaves in 24 hours...be on it....

That's probably going to depend on whether 30 million illegals get amnesty or not. I know you Dems are looking to get that great big voting block, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Guess what?

Rounding up 30 million illegals is like herding cats.....you ain't going to catch them.

Set up a path to citizenship where the good ones get to stay. 30 million people, there must be some good ones in there

There are way fewer than 11 million now but it always amazes me that rw's actually believe you just "round them up and deport them".

If that were possible, it would have been done long ago.

Silly rw's.

way fewer?.....once again Dudley shows he does not know what he is talking about......
How many illegal immigrants live in the United States and where do they come from? « The Other Side of Immigration
Illegal immigration in U.S. stabilizes - Los Angeles Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/02/us/02immig.html
Number of illegal immigrants holds steady in U.S. - US news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com
and thats just an Estimation.....there could be a few Million more.....
silly Dudley Duright....

The only way it works is if a couple big time criminal employers do the perp walk on the Nightly News. I've been a fan of employer sanctions ever since I read them in the 1986 amnesty. If the Executive Branch would enforce them we'd not have a problem. We don't need any new laws, just enforce the ones we've already got.

Arrest a couple of high profile executives and watch the jobs dry up. You would have to open up the fences to allow illegals to go back to Mexico

But we know it will not happen. They would rather arrest a Mexican farm worker than a white fat cat with political connections

Whats with the attack on whites only in this post, don't blacks or anyone else of color own businesses in America, and are they not guilty of these types of illegal dealings as well sometimes ? In my area, the Chineese resteraunts got rid of their chineese cooks in the back, and replaced them with illegal mexicans, so when you thought you were going chineese all the way, you were getting only half the deal (a chineese front counter only), instead of the real deal being cooked in the back by your favorite chineese cooks. I guess the Chineese are not excluded from being greedy as well in the current business climate in America.. Sheesh ! :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Republicans will fall on their sword with their Immigration position

Wrong side of history once again

Since when is favoring LEGAL immigration and opposing ILLEGAL immigration on the wrong side of history?
They meant to say I suppose, that the republicans are on the wrong side of the issue, but using the word history makes it all the more powerful when they speak in these sorts of terms.... The smartness that is used in all of this, is something that we the people need to get a bead on. This way we can clean house, and get this nation back on track for all, instead of for the few.

Democrats are so out of touch.

The don't believe in "Let him die". Just that one thing proves it.

The only reason illegal aliens are here is because rich people want them here. Middle class and poor people don't hire them to do anything, they can't afford them. Wealthy individuals and corporations willing to break immigration laws are the reason illegal aliens are here. What is so hard to understand about simple logic?

The Republicans want cheap labor for business. The Democrats want total inclusion for all people. Neither party wants to change anything.

But seriously. Study globalization. The point is to replace expensive American labor with cheap Chinese labor or abominably cheap 3rd world labor.

Research the relationship of one America's largest businesses, Walmart, with China. Walmart bypassed America's more expensive labor markets for profits. They care about profits over patriotism. This is what Republican don't understand about the free market: capital doesn't care about American labor. Capital doesn't care about Borders, Language, Culture; rather, it cares about maximizing profit. If it has to sell American labor down river, it will.

The story of the loss of American jobs is the story of capital's thirst for cheap labor. The story of open borders is partly the story of how capital requires open borders in order to get the cheapest labor wherever and however it can find it.

The average Republican voter doesn't get it. When your party was taken over by market fundamentalism, it became an accomplice of open borders and American job loss, both of which are contrary to the fake brand of "patriotism", which is merely a narcotic fed to idiots.

Republican voters are urged to read two great conservative authors.

1. Daniel Bell's "The Cultural Contradiction of Capitalism". This is about the contradiction between the market's desire for open borders and the conservative's desire for cultural homogeneity.

2. Christopher Lasch's "The culture of Narcissism". This is about how the liberal New Deal, through its protection of high wages and American jobs, unwittingly created the conservative heyday of the 50's. How did this happen? Answer: high wages allowed the mother to stay at home and raise the kids. After Reagan crushed high wages in America (which was done as a gift to big business), the mother was forced into the workplace. This meant kids were raised not by the Family, but MTV or worse, gangs.

Republican voters who have never studied these issues in a rigorous academic context don't get it. When Reagan re-designed the party to serve the interests of capital, he damaged many conservative causes.

The GOP covers up the contradiction Reagan set in motion through the use of patriotic and religious rhetoric, and through the empty rhetoric of freedom. They suppress the contradiction between Capital and Conservatism. Here is the sad part: many posters on this board don't see the ruse. They trust Republican Government deeply. They are the true Useful Idiots of government. Until they wake up and get rid of the current GOP leadership, they will unwittingly be the dupes of those anti-patriotic forces which destroy American jobs in the service if Capital.

Last edited:
The only reason illegal aliens are here is because rich people want them here. Middle class and poor people don't hire them to do anything, they can't afford them. Wealthy individuals and corporations willing to break immigration laws are the reason illegal aliens are here. What is so hard to understand about simple logic?
the state of texas tried to pass a law which would make it illegal for anyone to hire an undocumented worker unless that worker was employed as a house keeper.

the headline in the local news was "Keep Out.... or Clean My House."

Proposed Texas law to immigrants: Keep out ... or clean my house - CNN

The Republicans want cheap labor for business. The Democrats want total inclusion for all people. Neither party wants to change anything.

But seriously. Study globalization. The point is to replace expensive American labor with cheap Chinese labor or abominably cheap 3rd world labor.

Research the relationship of one America's largest businesses, Walmart, with China. Walmart bypassed America's more expensive labor markets for profits. They care about profits over patriotism. This is what Republican don't understand about the free market: capital doesn't care about American labor. Capital doesn't care about Borders, Language, Culture; rather, it cares about maximizing profit. If it has to sell American labor down river, it will.

The story of the loss of American jobs is the story of capital's thirst for cheap labor. The story of open borders is partly the story of how capital requires open borders in order to get the cheapest labor wherever and however it can find it.

The average Republican voter doesn't get it. When your party was taken over by market fundamentalism, it became an accomplice of open borders and American job loss, both of which are contrary to the fake brand of "patriotism", which is merely a narcotic fed to idiots.

Republican voters are urged to read two great conservative authors.

1. Daniel Bell's "The Cultural Contradiction of Capitalism". This is about the contradiction between the market's desire for open borders and the conservative's desire for cultural homogeneity.

2. Christopher Lasch's "The culture of Narcissism". This is about how the liberal New Deal, through its protection of high wages and American jobs, unwittingly created the conservative heyday of the 50's. How did this happen? Answer: high wages allowed the mother to stay at home and raise the kids. After Reagan crushed high wages in America (which was done as a gift to big business), the mother was forced into the workplace. This meant kids were raised not by the Family, but MTV or worse, gangs.

Republican voters who have never studied these issues in a rigorous academic context don't get it. When Reagan re-designed the party to serve the interests of capital, he did damage to many conservative causes.

The GOP covers up the contradiction Reagan set in motion through the use of patriotic and religious rhetoric, and through the empty rhetoric of freedom. They suppress the contradiction between Capital and Conservatism. Here is the sad part: many posters on this board don't see the ruse. They trust Republican Government deeply. They are the true Useful Idiots of government. Until they wake up and get rid of the current GOP leadership, they will unwittingly be the dupes of those anti-patriotic forces which destroy American jobs in the service if Capital.

I agree with you wholeheartedly! I've said it before, BOTH parties are fucking American workers. Corporatists and Progressives, hand in hand...

Clinton is worse than Reagan. See NAFTA, which destroyed American labor. The old FDR Liberals and Isolationist Conservatives protected the American worker. Those days are gone. America needs a 3rd political party which is not controlled by Capital's need for sweatshop labor.

Clinton is worse than Reagan. See NAFTA, which destroyed American labor. The old FDR Liberals and Isolationist Conservatives protected the American worker. Those days are gone. America needs a 3rd political party which is not controlled by Capital's need for sweatshop labor.

I remember NAFTA... I voted for Ross Perot in '92...

I remember NAFTA... I voted for Ross Perot in '92...
a lot of these problems can be solved if people would just buy only american made products. but i guarantee that people will bitch and moan that its 20% more expensive and go right back to the cheap imports.

That's probably going to depend on whether 30 million illegals get amnesty or not. I know you Dems are looking to get that great big voting block, but I don't think it's going to happen.

If there were 30 million illegals here, that would be ten percent of our population, dipshit.

Forum List

Back