"The Democratic Party left me behind — and I'm not alone"

And here is kiwiman127 's excellent followup on the same point:

But, it appears that the Republican Party is shrinking and the demographics are not in their favor.
Now the Democratic Party isn't quite taking over and have also lost public support, demographics are working their way for the future.

Trump owns a shrinking Republican party

shrinking-png.203771

In the end, Independents are the fastest growing political demographic, they have had it with both parties as neither party appeals to centralist. The farther right or left the parties go, the more voters are moving to become Independent.

It's great to see more and more people thinking on their own, instead of goose-stepping to an ideology. This is a victory for America. It also raises of a centralist party to emerge, that prefers compromise.
Americans Favor Compromise to Get Things Done in Washington

(/end paste)

Notice the red and blue lines both in decline while the gray one climbs.
Which means millennials are not becoming hardcore Democrats, and Democrats are now fucked.

Which means millennials --- and people in general --- are not seeing a reason to affiliate with a political party.

Nor should they.

Which is what I said from the beginning.
That is bad for Democrats.

Democrats rely on centralized party power for everything, while Republicans have had to deal with independents for decades.

You just don't get it, do you.

Check the chart. You'll see not only do "Democrats" outnumber "Republicans" consistently, but the drop-off is more extreme for Republicans than for Democrats.

Yet somehow you want to put on red-tinted glasses so you don't see it. As I said -- cherrypicking.

BOTH parties are in decline. Get it? "Both" means "two".

But, it appears that the Republican Party is shrinking and the demographics are not in their favor.
Now the Democratic Party isn't quite taking over and have also lost public support, demographics are working their way for the future.

shrinking-png.203771

In the end, Independents are the fastest growing political demographic, they have had it with both parties as neither party appeals to centralist. The farther right or left the parties go, the more voters are moving to become Independent.

It's great to see more and more people thinking on their own, instead of goose-stepping to an ideology. This is a victory for America. It also raises of a centralist party to emerge, that prefers compromise.

(/end paste)

Which means millennials are not becoming hardcore Democrats, and Democrats are now fucked.

Which means millennials --- and people in general --- are not seeing a reason to affiliate with a political party.

Nor should they.

Which is what I said from the beginning. Again -- cherrypick all you like if it makes you feel better but there it is, isn't it.

Not sure what you mean by 'affiliate' but I would say most intelligent folks try to remain as objective as they can in the face of political propaganda. A lot of 'Independents' voted for Trump for instance. It had nothing to do with allegiance to a party.

shrinking-png.203771

(/end paste)

Nor should they.

Democrats rely on centralized party power for everything, while Republicans have had to deal with independents for decades.

Check the chart. You'll see not only do "Democrats" outnumber "Republicans" consistently, but the drop-off is more extreme for Republicans than for Democrats.

Yet somehow you want to put on red-tinted glasses so you don't see it. As I said -- cherrypicking.

Again, that is worse for Democrats.

Republicans have been relying on independents to win elections for years.

Democrats have ATTACKED independents for years.

shrinking-png.203771

(/end paste)

Nor should they.

Again, that is worse for Democrats.

Republicans have been relying on independents to win elections for years.

Democrats have ATTACKED independents for years.

Link?

Forum List

Back