The democratic party is pro gun

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
The democratic party is pro gun, but believes insane people shouldn't have them. It makes perfect sense as it is insane to allow monsters to have guns that would lead to slaughter of other people.

How the world can you disagree?

I believe in the second amendment and the right to have a gun for all sane Americans.

The democratic party is pro gun but believes insane people shouldn't have them. It makes perfect sense as it is insane to allow monsters to have guns that would lead to slaughter of other people.

I believe in the second amendment and the right to have a gun for all sane Americans.

Democrat’s idea of an acceptable gun ...

93f879768f140401c98ca0eedd349626--water-guns-s-party.jpg

The democratic party is pro gun but believes insane people shouldn't have them. It makes perfect sense as it is insane to allow monsters to have guns that would lead to slaughter of other people.

Try breaking into my home and see how the water feels. My water is very hard - and noisey.

Is that what Hannity told you?

The democratic party is pro gun, but believes insane people shouldn't have them. It makes perfect sense as it is insane to allow monsters to have guns that would lead to slaughter of other people.

Correct.

Democrats support current Second Amendment jurisprudence and acknowledge the fact that the Constitution recognizes an individual right to possess a firearm and a right to self-defense.

And none of the firearm regulatory measures proposed by Democrats violate the Second Amendment, measures that have not been invalidated by the Supreme Court.

Pro gun, riiiight. Try to have a conversation with a liberal on gun rights and it inevitably leads to how wonderful the firearms bans in Australia and Britain are.

Sanity .. has been dumbed down to a giant gray area but sure, nobody wants to see a nutcase with a gun.

Pro gun, riiiight. Try to have a conversation with a liberal on gun rights and it inevitably leads to how wonderful the firearms bans in Australia and Britain are.

I've never had that experience. I have had a lot say background checks would help keep guns out of the hands of crazies.

I have had a lot say background checks would help keep guns out of the hands of crazies.

So, to heck with the Fifth Amendment, then? And the Tenth Amendment? Screw that one, too?

You gotta tell me what the 5th amendment has to do with guns.

It's the background checks for people that you fear might be crazy. The background check is likely a violation of the right against self-incrimination under the fifth amendment since the Individual would be forced to provide evidence against oneself in order to exercise his or her God-given second amendment right.

As far as the tenth amendment violation, the so-called requirement to provide information to incriminate oneself is not something that is stated in the Constitution as a power of the federal government. The only authority here would be State and local government but even they have their second amendment so it would be questionable there, too.

But. I agree with you that some people aren't competent to bear a firearm. I don't know what to do about it, without violating a few unalienable rights, though. I don't have the answer.

Last edited:
And none of the firearm regulatory measures proposed by Democrats violate the Second Amendment, measures that have not been invalidated by the Supreme Court.

Until you find judicial review in Article III, the supreme court doesn't have the authority to invalidate anything.

That authority to protect Individual rights is delegated to States and federalism. Not a swing vote by nine clowns in gowns in a God-like court.

But go find it for us in case you think I'm wrong. We'll wait.

Actually, I'm getting out of here for now, I'll check back later to see what you came up with.

Last edited:

Then tell me why it's the democrats calling for this gun ban or that gun ban.

I have had a lot say background checks would help keep guns out of the hands of crazies.

So, to heck with the Fifth Amendment, then? And the Tenth Amendment? Screw that one, too?

You gotta tell me what the 5th amendment has to do with guns.

The Fifth Amendment prohibits depriving an individual of life, liberty, and property without due process of law. The Democratic argument is anyone who is accused of being unstable should be guilty until proven innocent, at least as far as guns go. Depriving the individual of their rights, without due process of law. Sort of like seizing their money on the side of the road, and daring them to sue to get it back. Only writ much much larger.

That was the law passed earlier. If someone filed a complaint that you were unstable, the cops took your guns, and let you sue to prove yourself sane.

I had a friend at Fort Bragg who like tens of thousands every year, was arrested for a DUI. Part of his conviction was he had to graduate from alcohol awareness training. That graduation required that he admit to being an alcoholic, before he could graduate. The instructor said that anyone who wanted a drink, even once a year, was an alcoholic.

By the same standard, the Democratic Argument is or would be ten seconds after they got the win on the insane argument, is that anyone who wanted a gun, was crazy and shouldn’t have one.

How will you determine who´s insane?

Forum List

Back