The Democratic Convention is Just Plain Weak So Far

maybe because i make over $250,000 a year. maybe i have money in investments and pension. maybe i worked for everything i have. maybe i don't want to support people who can work but choose not to. maybe because i have health insurance. maybe because i didn't sign a mortgage i couldn't pay for. maybe because i bought a car i could pay for.

maybe because i didn't vote for bush, and i'm not voting for mccain.

Are you telling me your annual income is over 250 thousand dollars a year? Or, are you lying again?

Do you Bush voters really feel like you have to lie to win an election or a message board debate?

Obama's plan is to keep capital gains taxes for those making under 250k exactly where they are today, and to reduce or eliminate them for small business and euntrepeneurs.

Why are you so terrified of the truth?

And why are you so worried if Paris Hilton and ExxonMobil has to pay the same rate they paid during the prosperous 90s? Your president started a trillion dollar war, and blew the surplus. Money doesn't grow on trees, somebody has to pay for it.

Post of the year....

Do you Bush voters really feel like you have to lie to win an election or a message board debate?

Obama's plan is to keep capital gains taxes for those making under 250k exactly where they are today, and to reduce or eliminate them for small business and euntrepeneurs.

Why are you so terrified of the truth?

And why are you so worried if Paris Hilton and ExxonMobil has to pay the same rate they paid during the prosperous 90s? Your president started a trillion dollar war, and blew the surplus. Money doesn't grow on trees, somebody has to pay for it.

This is how they lie. They say we'll raise everyones taxes thru capital gains, but they're counting 401k's, which don't pay capital gains taxes until you retire.

capital gains are what hedge fund managers pay taxes on. this only hurts the rich. but relax, they'll still be rich.

ps. I say we tax us businesses that went overseas and if they don't move back, get some smart 40 somethings like obama and have them open a new business that will stay in america and pay americans a good wage for their labor.

just take healthcare off our corporations hands and they'll be able to pay more.

This is how they lie. They say we'll raise everyones taxes thru capital gains, but they're counting 401k's, which don't pay capital gains taxes until you retire.

capital gains are what hedge fund managers pay taxes on. this only hurts the rich. but relax, they'll still be rich.

ps. I say we tax us businesses that went overseas and if they don't move back, get some smart 40 somethings like obama and have them open a new business that will stay in america and pay americans a good wage for their labor.

just take healthcare off our corporations hands and they'll be able to pay more.

What the flying monkeys of the blogosphere don't realize is that if you elect a brilliant man like Obama, we will all be better off in the end.

If you elect a mildly retarded Bush or a 72 year old McCain on 5 different medications, we will end up in trouble.

Last edited:
Wait till next week. We can listen to lies and fear speeches. or If the the administration we can hear true confessions and watch them all be arrested that would be a nice change of pace.

The Republicans need a brown man with facial hair to scare the white voters(Willie Horton, Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein).

I know there's one out there somewhere.

Rev. Wright, maybe?

it sure is. what have i ever lied about?

Now you should be voting gop. But even my bro isn't voting mccain and he makes $400k. the economy is so bad, even guys like that worry about their jobs. plus they have families and neighbors who are suffering and they know the down sides to a struggling middle class. crime, consumer spending.

the gop took away $5k from all of us to give it to you guys. I want us to start getting the $5k back.

Instead of you taking home $200, you'll take home $175. we'll cry for you.

Buchanon is a generally honest conservative, unlike the Cons on this thread who are concern trolling about how horrible Obama's speech allegedly was.

Ya' got that.

Let's remember, shall we, that when Pat started to get traction in his bid for the White House, the Neocons painted him as a NAZI sympathizer.

He is one of the most penetrating political analysists I know of.

While I often disagree with him, he is a conservative, after all, I still respect him.

He says things that annoy people on both sides of the aisle, but things that truly need to be said.

Last edited:
Ya' got that.

Let's remember, shall we, that when Pat started to get traction in his bid for the White House, the Neocons painted him as a NAZI sympathizer.

He is one of the most penetrating political analysists I know of.

While I often disagree with him, he is a conservative, after all, I still respect him.

He says things that annoy people on both sides of the aisle, but things that truly need to be said.

Yea, I don't agree with his political phylosophy, but he does care about America. If free markets/capitalism/deregulations aren't abused, the conservatives make some good points. Pat admits the abuses have occured. The Chaney's/Delay's/Abramoff's are I'm sure a huge disappointment to conservatives I'm sure.

Not enough to get them to vote Democratic, but you know.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back