The Democrat Worm Turns

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Need proof that the nation is right center, a position that spells doom for the Obama cult? Here is Chris Matthews saying same in his own inimitable way:

“Matthews was aware that Weiner’s behavior might not be as big of a deal in his home district of New York, but knew that around the country it played much worse. “If you’re a blue dog Democrat from a conservative culture part of the country . . . your life is getting difficult enough defending the East coast and the left coast Democratic party, they’re too far left,” Matthews said. From there he issued a stern warning to the Democratic party at large:

“If [Weiner] stays, [Democrats] never get the leadership [in the House] back. They never get the speakership back. Because the people in the rural areas of this country who are Christian, conservative, culturally – you can say ‘backward’ if you want – they don’t like this stuff.”
Chris Matthews Anthony Weiner | Weiner Resign | Video | Mediaite

"...backward..."???

2. A another couldn’t-be-more-Left-wing Democrat, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Reticent no longer, the Democratic Party hierarchy demanded on Saturday that Rep. Anthony Weiner resign for sending online material ranging from sexually suggestive to explicit to several women.

"This sordid affair has become an unacceptable distraction for Representative Weiner, his family, his constituents and the House," Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the party chairwoman, said in a written statement calling for the New York lawmaker to quit

Read more: Top Democrats: Weiner must go - seattlepi.com

3. So, what’s the story? Suddenly, the hallmark of the Left, what Daniel Patrick Moynihan labeled “defining deviancy down,” is no longer acceptable? Well, at least not when the election is on the line and the public is looking at the face of the political left….
What happened to the Clinton defense, it’s his private life, and has nothing to do with job performance….

Giving it up? A ‘come to Jesus’ moment? A jailhouse conversion?

4. And, ya’ mean that Teddy Kennedy wouldn’t be the ‘Liberal Lion’ today? That they would demand that Teddy 'quit'?

5. So, Coulter was wrong:
“…every Democrat who voted for Bill Clinton feels the need to defend duplicity, adultery, lying about adultery, sexual harassment, rape, perjury, obstruction of justice, kicking the can of global Islamofascism down the road for eight years, and so on.”

Who knew?

The great family values party seems to only care about the family values of people with Ds behind their names.

where is all your outrage for Vitter who wore a diaper to a prostitute and is still in office years aftrer the scandal broke.

Its fine if you are a republican , they can do what ever they want.

This whole issue shows just how morally bankrupt the right is.

They only care about personal integrity when its the other guy who stumbles.

Their guys can stumble and fall head first off a 30 story building and every thing is fine and they re elect them.

This whole issue shows just how morally bankrupt the right is.

They only care about personal integrity when its the other guy who stumbles.

Their guys can stumble and fall head first off a 30 story building and every thing is fine and they re elect them.

Whereas the left will never be morally bankrupt.... they have no morals to lose.

The problem isn't morally bankrupt politicians, they are to be expected at this point. The problem is the morally bankrupt electorate that puts them into congress and other positions. This has nothing to do with right or left. To see how screwed up the electorate is just look at Marrion Berry, who was so horrible that they lost to a crack head for mayor.

I don't really care what goes on between consenting adults, and for the moment there is no evidence that Rep. Weiner's 'associates' were not all adults. His behavior seems to me as very immature, the type of behavior one might assume a mature adolescent might eschew. That he is clearly abashed by being caught is understandable and I, for one, have empathy for Mr. Weiner.

Attack dogs do not, the character of his collegues in the House and others - in the media and writing on blogs and message boards - suggests they take at least a modicum of pleasure in his agony and see Weiner's pain and the hurt to his family as a personal opportunity.

There is nothing more disengenuous than self righteous indignation. Our society thrives on scandals and the salacious. Are those so caught up in learning every detail of Weiner's peccadilos any better? For it seems too many have more than a passing interest in his behavior and that on some level has to be considered prurient. Of course no center-right society would be caught having prurient interests, it's so unseemly they do so in private.

Some leftwingers are beginning to understand that character matters. I guess better late than never.

You are so naive. You remember Livingston chastizing Clinton, all the while roaming the DC streets for blow jobs in his limo. How he begged for mercy, cried not to be found out to his wife & family, and was finally kicked down the Congressional steps to shut him the hell up. Henry Hyde the wife cheater, etc. etc.

FACE THE FACTS!!! Congress is crawling in perverts!!! Keep those bastards the hell away from your families.

The great family values party seems to only care about the family values of people with Ds behind their names.

where is all your outrage for Vitter who wore a diaper to a prostitute and is still in office years aftrer the scandal broke.

In terms of R versus D you're absolutely correct, TM. However, for those of us who have neither an R nor a D anywhere near their name, Morals and Values are a large part of why we support NEITHER party. This is because neither party has even the most basic ability to claim any morals or values at this point in time; nor have they for the last century.

I vote, pretty much every time the opportunity arises. However, I find that very often I may only check a box in one out of every five races on the ballot. This is because I will not vote AGAINST a candidate; nor will I vote for the "lesser of two evils". If I cannot support either candidate on the ballot, I simply skip that race entirely. For example.... In 2008 I ended up casting my Presidential vote for a third party candidate, Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party because I could not vote in good conscience for either the R or the D. They were both Liberals who had little in common with my political philosophy. If Baldwin runs again in 2012, he'll probably get my vote again. If not I have a new option.... I'm now eligible to write my own name on the line at the bottom of that race.

I don't really care what goes on between consenting adults, and for the moment there is no evidence that Rep. Weiner's 'associates' were not all adults. His behavior seems to me as very immature, the type of behavior one might assume a mature adolescent might eschew. That he is clearly abashed by being caught is understandable and I, for one, have empathy for Mr. Weiner.

Attack dogs do not, the character of his collegues in the House and others - in the media and writing on blogs and message boards - suggests they take at least a modicum of pleasure in his agony and see Weiner's pain and the hurt to his family as a personal opportunity.

There is nothing more disengenuous than self righteous indignation. Our society thrives on scandals and the salacious. Are those so caught up in learning every detail of Weiner's peccadilos any better? For it seems too many have more than a passing interest in his behavior and that on some level has to be considered prurient. Of course no center-right society would be caught having prurient interests, it's so unseemly they do so in private.

what part of splashing your pecker all over the twitter waves seems private to you? and yes, it has been confirmed he talked with a 17 year old.

Morality. That's my point. Vaules, and which party, which political view doesn't have any.

NEITHER PARTY HAS ANY, PC.

The Republicans are just as Morally bankrupt as the Democrats. The Democrats are just as unlikely to even be able to discuss Family Values with a straight face as the Republicans are; and neither one can back the words up with the biography of their life even if the words sound good coming out of their mouths.

Its fine if you are a republican , they can do what ever they want.

Not to mention the Larry Craigs and John Ensigns who finished out their terms...

Morality. That's my point. Vaules, and which party, which political view doesn't have any.

NEITHER PARTY HAS ANY, PC.

The Republicans are just as Morally bankrupt as the Democrats. The Democrats are just as unlikely to even be able to discuss Family Values with a straight face as the Republicans are; and neither one can back the words up with the biography of their life even if the words sound good coming out of their mouths.

As long as people continue to ignore or worse defend the behavior of our elected officials they will continue to race to the bottom.

There is and always has been a level of acceptable behavior that is expect of these people they are after all a representative of we the people.

what part of splashing your pecker all over the twitter waves seems private to you? and yes, it has been confirmed he talked with a 17 year old.

Exactly!!! And if it were you doing the swinging on the teen your ass would be going to jail.

The "criminal standard" for these perverted turds needs to be elevated, because millions put their trust in these scum bags.

Forum List

Back