The "gun show loophole" is an imprecise term, I'll give you that.

But the FACT that people can purchase a gun through various "legal" means without a background is undeniable.

By legal, I just mean that the seller is criminally liable no matter what the buyer does with the gun. Obviously, a felon purchasing a gun is committing a crime… but the seller is not .

What about bad apple gun dealers -- stores that are know to regularly sell guns out the back door to straw purchasers. Tiahrt Amendments limit ATF and state police ability to investigate and monitor this practice. (among others)

Facts to backup my statements -

PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole'

Never said it was the guns fault. As always it's that idiot "good guy with a gun" that pulls the really dangerous stupid shit.
I would much rather take my chances with the “good guys” than the “bad” guys… every time.
Because the bad guys are criminals and they cannot be rehabilitated or trusted

Why do I own a Gun? Not the fear of bad guys. I can spot a loose canon clean across the room that will draw and fire with no thought of the innocents in the vacinity. Every Responsible gun owner I know has gone through the concealed weapons course and keep it concealed. The Idea is for the bad guy to not know exactly who is armed or not and having the carriers qualified to wield the weapon.

Dallas Texas: from 1871 to the late 20th century, no open carry allowed. You would be arrested if you didn't turn in your weapon or at least get it out of sight.

Wicheta KS: from 1875 to even today you have to have a license to carry in public. I don't mean transporting. I mean wear it. Subject to some pretty hefty fines and jail time

Dodge City: Same as Wicheta

Tombstone, AZ: from 1877 to just recently, no open carry. The Clantons were NOT the criminals that many of you think they are. They just refused to check their sidearms and they refused to leave. They were Cowboys. This why the Earps entered into the fray with their sidearms in their pockets or belts covered with the frocks. Generally, Cowboys would comply with a little prodding. The Clanton Clan were Cowboys and not trained gunman. Otherwise, it would have been the Earps laying in the streets bleeding.

We have open carry here. Some of these Characters doing open carry actually believe that they are Gods Gift to a Gunfighter. I have a gun to protect me from these people. I don't go to the areas that probably will have the bad guys. The chances of me being shot by a bad guy is less than being struck by lightning twice. But the chance of me being accidentely shot by the so called "Good Guy" is much higher.
In your opinion, Which is not mine or anybody else’s reality

I can always tell when I hit it dead center. You resort to insults instead of countering. You lose. Get over it.
Firearm ownership is no ones business but the individuals, and is certainly none of the federal governments business.
You don’t get to represent other peoples firearm ownership, you have zero credibility on the matter.

Is it anyone esle's business that you have to be insured to drive your car? How about registration and licensing to drive same said vehicle. You MUST pay property taxes otherwise you can't own property. The list goes on and on about things that also apply. You must be licensed to be a Doctor, Real Estate Agent and more. Are you saying that this is also wrong?

Public Safety comes first.

On million plus? Do you live where ISIS and the Taliban control? If you needed that weapon that many times or all of us needed those wlapons that many times for bad guys The bad guys would out number the rest of us and we would die.

I was wondering if you could inflate those numbers any more.

CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’
Defensive Gun Use

No matter how you slice it defensive gun use saves lives.

Great study. It shows that most gun related incidents don't result in death. However, you must realize that most meth users don't die immediately either. So Meth use and gun use must be equally safe------right?

That study also says defensive dun use is an important crime deterrent.
The second link estimates over 70000 DGU annually.

IMO it's most likely more but not quite the 1.5 million that oft quoted study says

Even if you take the low ball estimate guns are used in defense far more often than they are for murder

Defensive gun use is nonaddictive so your meth analogy is poor at best

Then why has violent crime increased every year since WI got concealed carry?
Violent crime is at a 30 year low.

5 facts about crime in the U.S.

Look at WI.

We have more concealed carry than ever, and violent crime increased.
FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

The entire left-wing narrative about firearms is a lie. It’s all built on a political agenda rather than on data.
The report states that investigators posing online as gun buyers who were not legally able to purchase a firearm were completely unsuccessful when attempting to purchase firearms from private sellers. In fact, the report states that investigators tried 72 times — and each time they failed.
That’s right - 0% of the ATF investigators were able to make an illegal purchase. Not even one.

Investigators test how well gun laws work online — and find shocking results that undermine liberals

Here's what the 2nd Amendment says -- as interpreted by the conservative justices of the supreme court, District of Columbia vs Heller -- majority decision delivered by Scalia…

(2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

Only well regulated militia of the People may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

Never said it was the guns fault. As always it's that idiot "good guy with a gun" that pulls the really dangerous stupid shit.

And the "Good Guy with a Gun" in America uses that Gun 1,500,000 times a year to stop really dangerous shit by the kooks and criminals people like you keep letting out of jail....

On million plus? Do you live where ISIS and the Taliban control? If you needed that weapon that many times or all of us needed those wlapons that many times for bad guys The bad guys would out number the rest of us and we would die.

Defensive Gun Use

Great study. It shows that most gun related incidents don't result in death. However, you must realize that most meth users don't die immediately either. So Meth use and gun use must be equally safe------right?
Firearm ownership is a right, meth not so much...

That's all you got? You don't care that guns in the wrong hands are just as damaging to our country as meth.

And the "Good Guy with a Gun" in America uses that Gun 1,500,000 times a year to stop really dangerous shit by the kooks and criminals people like you keep letting out of jail....

Yep that's about 3% of the time according to the latest study by the FBI. I could be wrong. It might be as high as 5%. I;ll have to double check.
Care to link to that latest study?

A Study of Active Shooter Incidents in the United States Between 2000 and 2013
View attachment 175173
IDGAF about the DGU of other people.

My firearms are for self defense only (that includes my wife and my dogs) not for the defense of the general public. No one I know with a CCW permit is going to play cop and storm into an active shooter situation nor should they. What anyone I know would do is shelter in place and only shoot if the active shooter was shooting at them.

In fact I will not draw my gun in defense of anyone but myself or my wife. I'm not a cop. I do not want to be a cop. And the way I see it if someone chooses to be defenseless and trust in government law enforcement to protect him that is his choice and I will respect that choice.

So I'll call the cops and hope they get there before it's too late.

Good for you, but we both know plenty of people who would love to play Dirty Harry.

I would much rather take my chances with the “good guys” than the “bad” guys… every time.
Because the bad guys are criminals and they cannot be rehabilitated or trusted

Why do I own a Gun? Not the fear of bad guys. I can spot a loose canon clean across the room that will draw and fire with no thought of the innocents in the vacinity. Every Responsible gun owner I know has gone through the concealed weapons course and keep it concealed. The Idea is for the bad guy to not know exactly who is armed or not and having the carriers qualified to wield the weapon.

Dallas Texas: from 1871 to the late 20th century, no open carry allowed. You would be arrested if you didn't turn in your weapon or at least get it out of sight.

Wicheta KS: from 1875 to even today you have to have a license to carry in public. I don't mean transporting. I mean wear it. Subject to some pretty hefty fines and jail time

Tombstone, AZ: from 1877 to just recently, no open carry. The Clantons were NOT the criminals that many of you think they are. They just refused to check their sidearms and they refused to leave. They were Cowboys. This why the Earps entered into the fray with their sidearms in their pockets or belts covered with the frocks. Generally, Cowboys would comply with a little prodding. The Clanton Clan were Cowboys and not trained gunman. Otherwise, it would have been the Earps laying in the streets bleeding.

We have open carry here. Some of these Characters doing open carry actually believe that they are Gods Gift to a Gunfighter. I have a gun to protect me from these people. I don't go to the areas that probably will have the bad guys. The chances of me being shot by a bad guy is less than being struck by lightning twice. But the chance of me being accidentely shot by the so called "Good Guy" is much higher.

I can always tell when I hit it dead center. You resort to insults instead of countering. You lose. Get over it.
Firearm ownership is no ones business but the individuals, and is certainly none of the federal governments business.
You don’t get to represent other peoples firearm ownership, you have zero credibility on the matter.

Is it anyone esle's business that you have to be insured to drive your car? How about registration and licensing to drive same said vehicle. You MUST pay property taxes otherwise you can't own property. The list goes on and on about things that also apply. You must be licensed to be a Doctor, Real Estate Agent and more. Are you saying that this is also wrong?

Don't bother. Their canned response is that they think crazies with guns are a right. I guess they don't understand the concept of public safety.

Don't bother. Their canned response is that they think crazies with guns are a right. I guess they don't understand the concept of public safety.

I believe we just might be dealing with NRA sponsored trolls. The NRA isn't what it was when I was a member. It's now owned lock stock and barrel by the Gun Makers of the World. Shame, it used to stand for something good for the public.l Now it just stands for selling more guns and it doesn't care to whom.

I believe we just might be dealing with NRA sponsored trolls. The NRA isn't what it was when I was a member. It's now owned lock stock and barrel by the Gun Makers of the World. Shame, it used to stand for something good for the public.l Now it just stands for selling more guns and it doesn't care to whom.

Same reason I dropped that once great organization.

Who gives a shit about the pig

I don't know who cares abut the pig. I guess it's mother might. I'm positive that the parents of all those students don't want a stupid teenager shooting on the school grounds without anybody knowing it was going to happen. Unexpected gunfire at a school usually ends up with the shooter being dead. The idiot was lucky.
I don’t think the pigs care one way or another, but it is not the firearms at fault it’s the person’s fault. You need to learn the difference…

Not me, doofus......bill clinton's Department of Justice research into defensive gun use...just one of the studies......

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

they had to go on the Dark Web to get those guns moron.......the regular internet was a complete failure.....

No they didn't. They could have just as easily gone to an individual seller and bought the guns. No need to even ask if they were prohibited to own guns. I'll bet their success rate would have been much higher.

Sorry.....that's not how it worked.......the regular internet was a failure.......and criminals do not go to individual sellers who are not known to them, they just don't do it, because they are afraid of undercover police officers......

Amazing how often good guys with a gun end up doing really stupid and dangerous stuff, isn't it?
View attachment 175107

And yet cars and alcohol are items used far more often for stupid and dangerous stuff....and 16 year olds are allowed to drive these killing machines and they easily get alcohol......

Yet cars have so many more necessary uses than guns which are only made to kill. You're trying to compare guns to alcohol? How often do you see an small child killed because his mother dropped her alcohol out of her purse, and it went off?

Guns save lives.....they save more lives than the criminals you guys let out of jail, take..........

I don't know who cares abut the pig. I guess it's mother might. I'm positive that the parents of all those students don't want a stupid teenager shooting on the school grounds without anybody knowing it was going to happen. Unexpected gunfire at a school usually ends up with the shooter being dead. The idiot was lucky.
I don’t think the pigs care one way or another, but it is not the firearms at fault it’s the person’s fault. You need to learn the difference…

Yep that's about 3% of the time according to the latest study by the FBI. I could be wrong. It might be as high as 5%. I;ll have to double check.

Would like to see a link on that sometime in the near future.......

Sorry.....that's not how it worked.......the regular internet was a failure.......and criminals do not go to individual sellers who are not known to them, they just don't do it, because they are afraid of undercover police officers......

Amazing how often good guys with a gun end up doing really stupid and dangerous stuff, isn't it?
View attachment 175107

And yet cars and alcohol are items used far more often for stupid and dangerous stuff....and 16 year olds are allowed to drive these killing machines and they easily get alcohol......

Yet cars have so many more necessary uses than guns which are only made to kill. You're trying to compare guns to alcohol? How often do you see an small child killed because his mother dropped her alcohol out of her purse, and it went off?
How many people get killed by drunk drivers?
How many people get killed when alcohol is involved?
How many alcoholics die from alcohol?

You want to say that because an extremely small number of people use guns to kill then no one should have them but you won't apply that same "logic" to any other thing.

We have experience with prohibition don't we?

The False Promise of Gun Control

I never said nobody should have guns idiot. I have guns myself. You're lying if you say I did. Some people just should't even be near a gun though. Why do you want to make sure crooks and crazies are armed?

You are the one who makes that possible...you vote for democrats and they let violent gun offenders out of jail......over and over again...

View attachment 175173

And, of course....since you morons have made gun free zones out of almost every public space, 98.5% of all mass public shootings happen in gun free zones...so you disarm law abiding people, then brag that armed people don't stop enough crime.........you don't get to have it both ways, numb nuts..

View attachment 175173

Hmmmm....good enough for government work also applies to FBI research....

The FBI's Misrepresentation of the Change in Mass Public Shootings by John R. Lott :: SSRN

Defensive Gun Use

No one said gun self defense ends up in death....we keep telling you the majority of the time the criminals run away, are captured or, the really stupid criminals, get injured by the law abiding gun owner.....

We have school shootings here regularly. What country with decent gun control has a problem with school shootings?

We lose about one police officer a week to a shooting death. Countries with decent gun control lose single digits in a year.

Nope......they have different cultures.....and that is changing.....Britain didn't have lots of school shootings before they confiscated guns, and neither did the other European countries.......

Defensive Gun Use

That study also says defensive dun use is an important crime deterrent.
The second link estimates over 70000 DGU annually.

IMO it's most likely more but not quite the 1.5 million that oft quoted study says

Even if you take the low ball estimate guns are used in defense far more often than they are for murder

Defensive gun use is nonaddictive so your meth analogy is poor at best

Then why has violent crime increased every year since WI got concealed carry?

That is a lie numb nuts.......you have been shown it is a lie...

Milwaukee drives the crime rate in Wisconsin....and crime has been going down numb nuts..

“You’re seeing a rebirth:” Crime rates in Milwaukee’s Amani neighborhood down significantly

The data shows crime in 2016 compared with 2015 was down in the Amani neighborhood by 10.42%. For the city as a whole, the decline was 4.66%.
--------

Over the past four years: crime in the Amani neighborhood declined 26.36% -- for the city: 10.86%.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/sheriff-shreds-anti-gun-mayors-excuse-for-crime-spree/

Clarke, who still lives in the city, points out that while the number of homicides in Milwaukee has shot up this year over last, one must look at a larger sample of data, not just this year over last, to get an accurate picture. That’s because last year was a particularly safe year in Milwaukee. Homicides were down 14 percent from the year before.

“The holes in that argument are obvious. First of all, there’s an ebb and flow to crime,” Clarke told WND. “You’ll see a high period followed by a low period, and a low period will often be followed by a high. But some things remain constant, and one is the availability of guns.”

The "gun show loophole" is an imprecise term, I'll give you that.

But the FACT that people can purchase a gun through various "legal" means without a background is undeniable.

By legal, I just mean that the seller is criminally liable no matter what the buyer does with the gun. Obviously, a felon purchasing a gun is committing a crime… but the seller is not .

What about bad apple gun dealers -- stores that are know to regularly sell guns out the back door to straw purchasers. Tiahrt Amendments limit ATF and state police ability to investigate and monitor this practice. (among others)

Facts to backup my statements -

PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole'

All criminals buy their guns without a background check, doofus....

Bad apple gun dealers are a lie........they are gun stores that follow the rules but they sell guns to people who pass background checks, the very background checks you want them to have to pass....

The magic background check is a silly myth of gun grabbers.......criminals don't do them and mass shooters pass them with flying colors which means the criminals will get their guns even with universal background checks and mass shooters will get their guns with universal background checks.

The only reason you want universal background checks, which will not work to stop criminals or mass shooters, is to be in a position to demand universal gun registration...which then gives you the last step for banning and confiscation...

Forum List

Back