The definition of Irony:

The team was underdog due to Simms being out, but since the team design was short passing, running and great defense it didn't really matter.

That's been the case probably more times than I can count, in the NFL. I know Sanchez isn't Phil Simms, but does he really NEED to be?

All he really needs to do is protect the ball.
There are no Lawrence Taylors on the Jets.

Jets 7 Colts 3 Second quarter

Two sacks on Manning

Go Gang Green

Jets up 17-13 at the half

Looks like the Colts resting their players was a good move. Poor Jets look worn out

I'm sorry Toro

I was not implying that Sanchez is as good as Brady that year. Only that he was not respected as a starting QB. Pats that year won on defense not Bradys leadership

Pats also won that year on coaching. Belichick outcoached Martz. Martz's first 18 plays of the SB were passes. The Rams scored 3 points in the first half.

Brady played very efficiently in the regular season of that year. I remember that Belichick had to make a decision on whether or not to put Bledsoe back in the starter when he came off the injured list. Brady was playing so well that Belichick chose to keep Bledsoe on the sidelines. Compare that with Sanchez, who threw six picks in a loss at home to the Bills, and Ryan openly mused that he might bench Sanchez after that game.

I'm not saying the Jets can't win. A good defense and a powerful running game is a very good combination to make a run. I'm saying that it has never been done with a rookie QB and a rookie head coach, and there are three very good teams that stand in front of them, which makes it unlikely.

Yep, this is what scares me, the saying "On any given Sunday......."

Everyone keeps saying the Colts are going to win, and win big, so that right there it jinx's them lol. I am SURE the coach and Peyton are making sure the rest of the team have their head in the right place and aren't taking what the media and fans are saying too far. I think it will be close the first half, then experience and home field advantage will come into full effect,with a Colts win by 14. I hope so anyway. Like I said, I hope they don't take the Jets too lightly, and that they play with a "revenge mode" to make up for that last game against them when they had no choice but to lose to them per the coach's decision.

That being said:

GO COLTS!

Damn, can I predict a game or what!

Congrats Jets to a Wonderful Season, you went farther than anyone expected you to go!

And I must say I am very proud of the Colts, winning with class as usual.

SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!

Damn, can I predict a game or what!

Congrats Jets to a Wonderful Season, you went farther than anyone expected you to go!

And I must say I am very proud of the Colts, winning with class as usual.

Congrats to the Colts

Jets made them play their game for the first half, but the Colts just wore them down. Good Luck in the Super Bowl

They kept it within baerly 2 TDs, but the Colts still covered the 8 1/2.

jets are still a few years away from being a top team.

Forum List

Back