The deficit Quote

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Interesting quote.

"A well-funded conservative movement that has convinced a significant portion of the population that they can live in a modern, highly developed country with decent infrastructure and a modest safety net, get an endless series of tax breaks and not take on a mountain of debt as a result. That mathematical impossibility represents a different problem; namely, a public that’s poorly informed about taxes and spending.":clap2:

Why the Deficit Is Simply Not an Economic Problem Now, or in Future Decades | Economy | AlterNet

But why should we care about the fed, govt. Let's just strangle them to death and refuse to pay for their irresponsibility. They don't need more of our money. Personally, Id love to watch em die a slow death.

Actually, no. We've convinced people that if we want to remain living in modern, highly developed nation we need to cut both taxes and spending so we don't spend ourselves into the dark ages and strangle the engine of ingenuity.

Interesting quote.

"A well-funded conservative movement that has convinced a significant portion of the population that they can live in a modern, highly developed country with decent infrastructure and a modest safety net, get an endless series of tax breaks and not take on a mountain of debt as a result. That mathematical impossibility represents a different problem; namely, a public that’s poorly informed about taxes and spending.":clap2:

Why the Deficit Is Simply Not an Economic Problem Now, or in Future Decades | Economy | AlterNet

2 Trillion,537 Billion, 900 Million Dollars.

$2,537,900,000,000.

That was what was spent in 2008 by the Feds.

3 Trillion, 550 Billion Dollars.

$3,550,000,000,000.

This will have been spent by the Feds this year.

The problenm is not with too little revenue. It's with too much spending.

This is a 28+% increase over the two year period. I don't see the great benefits of the extra spending. Could be I'm just missing something. I do see that all of our elected theives have increased their net worth by pretty good amount. Neat trick with everyone else waiting for the trickle down benefit of stealing our tax dollars for the stimulus.

Is there any other group of people anywhere who could have spent that much money and not stimulated the economy? These guys are savants in their own way.

2010 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Federal Government Receipts and Expenditures, 1978–2008 — Infoplease.com

Actually, no. We've convinced people that if we want to remain living in modern, highly developed nation we need to cut both taxes and spending so we don't spend ourselves into the dark ages and strangle the engine of ingenuity.

Its kind of like the border... if you dont get it under control, all the immigration reform in the world wont help if you dont halt the flow of illegals still waltzing in uncontrollably.

We cant continue to spend ourselves to oblivion and think that the American people can keep eating the costs.

If you continue to tax the populus to death (i.e. the wage earners and yes corporate bosses) what incentive is there to enrich yourself, and others too, if the gov't is just going to continue to take more....?

Think of yourself as a goose that lays golden eggs.... now envision the gov't with an axe wanting to eat you :eek: It is UNSUSTAINABLE!

Interesting quote.

2 Trillion,537 Billion, 900 Million Dollars.

$2,537,900,000,000.

That was what was spent in 2008 by the Feds.

3 Trillion, 550 Billion Dollars.

$3,550,000,000,000.

This will have been spent by the Feds this year.

The problenm is not with too little revenue. It's with too much spending.

This is a 28+% increase over the two year period. I don't see the great benefits of the extra spending. Could be I'm just missing something. I do see that all of our elected theives have increased their net worth by pretty good amount. Neat trick with everyone else waiting for the trickle down benefit of stealing our tax dollars for the stimulus.

Is there any other group of people anywhere who could have spent that much money and not stimulated the economy? These guys are savants in their own way.

2010 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Federal Government Receipts and Expenditures, 1978–2008 — Infoplease.com

I hadn't thought about it like that but yeah, they stole our money, promised lower unemployment and various other trinkets out of the treasury but all we got was higher unemployment and stuck with a bill. We were whored out again. Some like it though. Its kinda masochistic.....whip that ass, whip that ass, whip that ass....give me more, give me more, give me more. It's profound to say the least.

Last edited:

Therein lies the problem, you can't have the cake and eat it too.

But why should we care about the fed, govt. Let's just strangle them to death and refuse to pay for their irresponsibility. They don't need more of our money. Personally, Id love to watch em die a slow death.

I as well. Tell your state to refuse federal funding, and stop paying in.

I as well. Tell your state to refuse federal funding, and stop paying in.

I'd love to stop paying into the massive ponzi schemes that government has in store for all of us but I don't really care about getting mounted by bubbha in the pen.

Therein lies the problem, you can't have the cake and eat it too.

The problem lies "therein" the idea that people who are far away from problems that they do not understand and have no experience to repair are making funding proposals to fund programs that have not yet been planned.

Once the funds are approved, then the plans are made. The plans are made to consume the amount appoved. It's insanity.

Before the funding is approved, the plans must be firm and then bid competitively.

Example:

The Mall of America in Minnesota announced that it wanted to build the biggest Mall in the world on that spot. Minnesota stuck it to 'em in costs for everything you can imagine.

A similar Mall was built in Canada for a far lower expense because the builders announced they wanted to build a Mall and would do it in the place that was most welcoming for them to build. Instead of penalties, there was a bidding war to attract them.

If you do things backwards, it costs more.

Forum List

Back