The decline of white suburbia has already begun.

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
The coming impact will be huge as it s happening faster than predicted

Twilight has reached white suburbia.

The next two decades will see a profound shift in the racial makeup of America’s suburbs. Or rather, an even more profound shift. It’s all happening now, according to Bill Frey, the author of Diversity Explosion.

For the Brookings Institution, Frey explains that white populations accounted for just 9 percent of the population growth of the suburbs (in the 100 largest metro areas) between 2000 and 2010.

Americans figured out years ago that America is growing more diverse, fueled by population growth among young minority families. What we see now is that the suburbs—long the province of white families—are growing more diverse, too. Cities across the nation will face new political and economic challenges as suburbs grow poorer and as whites adjust to (or rebel against) their new neighbors.

White People Are in the Minority in Suburban Growth Demographic Projections - CityLab

guno you're right "Decline" is the best way to describe this

Last edited:
It is the change you voted for. Obama and his demo party plan to bring 10 million foreigners into America in the next ten years. That is more than the population of New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina combined. There goes your neighborhood, your job, and your security.

The next two decades will see a profound shift in the racial makeup of America’s suburbs. Or rather, an even more profound shift. It’s all happening now, according to Bill Frey, the author of Diversity Explosion.

For the Brookings Institution, Frey explains that white populations accounted for just 9 percent of the population growth of the suburbs (in the 100 largest metro areas) between 2000 and 2010.

Americans figured out years ago that America is growing more diverse, fueled by population growth among young minority families. What we see now is that the suburbs—long the province of white families—are growing more diverse, too. Cities across the nation will face new political and economic challenges as suburbs grow poorer and as whites adjust to (or rebel against) their new neighbors.

White People Are in the Minority in Suburban Growth Demographic Projections - CityLab
You are so cutting-edge -- not. My suburb has been mostly black for thirty years. BTW, our crime has become second worst in the state and so are our schools. Meanwhile, a bunch of hypocritical white rich lefties have priced the rest of the blacks out of the city. They call it gentrification. Sounds better than racism.
Get with the program.

You are so cutting-edge -- not. My suburb has been mostly black for thirty years. BTW, our crime has become second worst in the state and so are our schools. Meanwhile, a bunch of hypocritical white rich lefties have priced the rest of the blacks out of the city. They call it gentrification. Sounds better than racism.
Get with the program.

Our has been hispanic and asian for a good 20 or more.

Tell me something I don't know.

I don't consider it a decline personally. Hometown U Data show Mountain View is most diverse neighborhood in America Alaska Dispatch News (though not exactly a suburb)

There are quite a few places in that area you cannot find anywhere else, food, shopping, etc. I enjoy the variety. I picked up a beautiful 6 foot tall giraffe statue at one of the shops, my husbands favorite Hawaiian pulled pork place is there, and there's also a little grocery store that has the absolute best/freshest spices in town.

I don't think the problem is race.......it's liberal policies that screw up cities.

People adapt to whatever shitty life they are dealt.....but if something better becomes available...they gravitate towards it.

You're likely right Mud, we're pretty republican up here. Though we're middle-road enough to do stupid shit like "beautification projects" - we have a $6b or some shit bike trail, though I admit the tourists love that one, and imported brick side walks and crap like that, which always make me chuckle a bit (since it's covered by snow 6 months of the year lol)

Tell your children to kiss their futures goodbye:

(For more details on each calculation and estimate see the chart prepared by our Capitol Hill team.)

10,647,000 -- green cards currently being issued in all categories per decade

+13,364,000 -- green cards in the newly created merit-based track two category (Surprisingly, "merit" includes most of the amnesty)

+1,337,000 -- green cards in the newly created merit-based track one category

+2,510,000 -- green cards for spouses and minor children of employment-based green cards (a new category)

+2,500,000 -- green cards to DREAMers

+864,000 -- green cards to Agricultural workers

+1,177,000 -- recapturing "unused" green cards

+676,000 -- others

===================================================================

33,057,000 total green cards in the first decade!

MERIT-BASED TRACK TWO

The Gang of Eight creates two so-called merit-based green card categories, simply called track one and track two. Track two will have the single greatest impact on the number of green cards issued in the first decade since it deals with most of the 11 million illegal aliens that receive amnesty through the bill. It will grant 13,364,000 green cards in the bill's first 10 years.

Illegal aliens that don't qualify for either the DREAM Act or the agricultural amnesty can get a green card through the merit-based track two category in the bill's 10th year. This accounts for 7,736,000 of the 13,364,000.

There is your change. And you voted for it twice. Maybe we are too stupid to have a job.

Forum List

Back