The Decline of Morality

When did we have morality?

When we were murdering Native Americans to take over their land?
When we were burning people as witches because they had different beliefs?
When we were keeping blacks as slaves?
When we imprisoned people because they had different political opinions than our "leaders"?
When we only allowed men to vote and not women?
When you were not allowed to go out on a date with a person of the opposite sex without someone else coming along?

There is no such thing as morality....one mans morals is another mans oppression. Morality is subjective, not objective. Morality evolves, just as society does.

All this stuff about , TV and sex...you know what, loads of teenagers were having sex and back street abortions in the 50s and 60s and you did not see it on TV then. How about blaming the Internet?

People love to blame someone or something else for their woes, rather than taking personal responsinility for themselves and their actions. Too many people expect society to raise their kids, rather than do it themselves. The actions of our our children are purely a reflection on the parents and the amount of involvement and their relationships with them.

The last paragraph was the one I liked best, because all the good "christians" are running around, desperately searching for the things that caused THEM to sin, and wanting to eradicate it. However.....just because something trips you up, doesn't mean that there isn't someone else that can't use it well. I've know several people who are experts with guns, but can't hold a sword to save their ass.....does that mean that swords are useless weapons? How about in reverse? Does that means swords are good and guns are bad? Replace any behavior you consider good, and one you consider bad in place of swords and guns, and you'll see I'm right.

Matter of fact, in the 11 or 13th century, Catholic priests visited brothels regularly. When one of them whom became Pope caught syphillis, he then decreed that priests had to be celibate from then on. He was the one that had the problem, not the priests who had been visiting the brothels up until then, but, because HE had the problem, he figured everyone else would also, so, hence the decree for celibacy from then on for priests.

Face it people, the Moral Majority is neither, and it's based on a fearful lie.

I think morality starts declining from the moment that people say, "THIS is our moral standard; this is what is right and what is wrong", because people are basically flawed and venal and have a hard time sticking to their principles.

The rather disturbing desire of so many now to not even try to adhere to a moral standard - or, in many cases, to not even RECOGNIZE a moral standard - I trace from the end of World War II.

I think morality starts declining from the moment that people say, "THIS is our moral standard; this is what is right and what is wrong", because people are basically flawed and venal and have a hard time sticking to their principles.

The rather disturbing desire of so many now to not even try to adhere to a moral standard - or, in many cases, to not even RECOGNIZE a moral standard - I trace from the end of World War II.

Yeah.....and for a good example of that, look no farther than people like Larry Craig, Ted Haggard, Fred Phelps, and all the others that tell us what we are supposed to do, and what we are not supposed to do, and then look at what THEY did.

People want to tell everyone what their morals should be, but there are very few willing to do it themselves. Kind of a do as I say and not as I do thing.

Yeah.....and for a good example of that, look no farther than people like Larry Craig, Ted Haggard, Fred Phelps, and all the others that tell us what we are supposed to do, and what we are not supposed to do, and then look at what THEY did.

People want to tell everyone what their morals should be, but there are very few willing to do it themselves. Kind of a do as I say and not as I do thing.

Quit using extreme morons like Haggard, Phelps and the like as religious people telling people what to do and how to live when the average churchgoer doesn't even come close to what these morons act like. Thats a weak argument to make against those of us churchgoers who believe very strongly in morality and moral values.

Quit using extreme morons like Haggard, Phelps and the like as religious people telling people what to do and how to live when the average churchgoer doesn't even come close to what these morons act like. Thats a weak argument to make against those of us churchgoers who believe very strongly in morality and moral values.

They were leaders in the community, they told others what to do, and how to live.

The average churchgoer didn't come close to these things because they believed the lies laid out by these assholes.

And......morality is realistically based on where you live dude. Apparently you've not traveled very much.

Want to know how to get a good read on a community? Find out what the predominant faith is in the area, and you'll know exactly how to act around there. Learned that from traveling around the globe.

Like that's new news!!!

The way you stick up for sick perverted homos. Shows you have NO morals!!!

Taking stuff out of context again as usual Sucking Moron The Rapist.

But.....you're a fine one to talk, seeings how you say the Holocaust was a hoax, that Jews aren't a race of people and sticking stupidly to your beliefs that Islam is the true way, when you really don't know shit about it.

Nope......you don't have morals because you're a brainwashed sheep. It's apparent from your posts.

They were leaders in the community, they told others what to do, and how to live.

The average churchgoer didn't come close to these things because they believed the lies laid out by these assholes.

And......morality is realistically based on where you live dude. Apparently you've not traveled very much.

Want to know how to get a good read on a community? Find out what the predominant faith is in the area, and you'll know exactly how to act around there. Learned that from traveling around the globe.

Listen braindead, you missed the point and no one takes that jackass Fred Phelps as serious nor is he any leader. The average churchgoer and preacher is not like any of those morons so using them as examples to attack *ALL* religious people who believe in morals and morality is retarded, its the equivalent of Mr Bass using David Duke and Jared Taylor to attack all white people.

Listen braindead, you missed the point and no one takes that jackass Fred Phelps as serious nor is he any leader. The average churchgoer and preacher is not like any of those morons so using them as examples to attack *ALL* religious people who believe in morals and morality is retarded, its the equivalent of Mr Bass using David Duke and Jared Taylor to attack all white people.

Ted Haggard is another prime example. By the way dude...ever see his film "Jesus Camp"? It's on YouTube if you want to check it out.

Brainwashing at it's finest. Almost looks like the radical Islamist schools in Iraq.

Ted Haggard is another prime example. By the way dude...ever see his film "Jesus Camp"? It's on YouTube if you want to check it out.

Brainwashing at it's finest. Almost looks like the radical Islamist schools in Iraq.

No one gives a damn about Haggard except those in his church and like the Bass said, attacking examples of high profile and extreme idiots is a weak and cowardly way of attacking the majority who believe in religion and morals yet don't act like the idiots you're attacking.

No one gives a damn about Haggard except those in his church and like the Bass said, attacking examples of high profile and extreme idiots is a weak and cowardly way of attacking the majority who believe in religion and morals yet don't act like the idiots you're attacking.

Listen clownshoes, Ted Haggard not only was a leader of a mega-church in Colorado, but he was also one of the more influential members of the Christian Coalition, as well as had direct access to the White House and Bush Jr.

How do you not get this?

Listen clownshoes, Ted Haggard not only was a leader of a mega-church in Colorado, but he was also one of the more influential members of the Christian Coalition, as well as had direct access to the White House and Bush Jr.

How do you not get this?

Haggard has *ZERO* influence on the majority of Christian churches in America and Christians in general so attacking him as a way of attacking *ALL* churchgoers as being brainwashed people who follow after corrupt moronic pastors is weak and retarded.

Charlie...."HAS zero" is correct...."HAD zero" would be a lie.....he had a huge influence.

When did we have morality?

When we were murdering Native Americans to take over their land?
When we were burning people as witches because they had different beliefs?
When we were keeping blacks as slaves?
When we imprisoned people because they had different political opinions than our "leaders"?
When we only allowed men to vote and not women?
When you were not allowed to go out on a date with a person of the opposite sex without someone else coming along?

Oh, WILL you spare us all the kindergarten liberal primer on history, please? Another outraged adolescent finds out that Mommy and Daddy aren't without flaw and are unable to always perfectly live up to their moral standards, and irrationally concludes via his hormones that that must mean their moral standards are invalid. Wait, let me break out the violins so I can play "My Heart Pumps Purple Piss For You".

Unless you actually ARE fifteen, not to mention having learned history and philosophy in public school, you should be ashamed for wasting anyone's time with this puerile twaddle masquerading as a valid argument.

There is no such thing as morality....one mans morals is another mans oppression. Morality is subjective, not objective. Morality evolves, just as society does.

All this stuff about , TV and sex...you know what, loads of teenagers were having sex and back street abortions in the 50s and 60s and you did not see it on TV then. How about blaming the Internet?

People love to blame someone or something else for their woes, rather than taking personal responsinility for themselves and their actions. Too many people expect society to raise their kids, rather than do it themselves. The actions of our our children are purely a reflection on the parents and the amount of involvement and their relationships with them.

See above, re: grow up and start thinking with your brains instead of your glands, Junior.

Ceceile....you need to get off your fucking high horse and get back on planet earth.

Your morals are unimportant to me or anyone else.....I have ethics and I know what is right and what is wrong...other than that you can shove your morality that cares about yourself and no one else but yourself...where the sun does not shine.

Last edited:
Jeffery Dahmer also had values and ethics. But NO morals!! :eek:

Listen The Rapist, you keep trying to get into my head, I'm gonna just have to blow the whistle on you douchebag.

MY values and ethics didn't come from me, they came from being drilled into me by the military.

But, then again, someone like you who is unsure as to WHAT the f-ck they are, generally ends up like Dahmer.

I learned from good examples, apparently you didn't.

Forum List

Back