The December 2010 Jobs Numbers Just Plain Suck

I don't quite agree. Since the norm for revenue is 19% historically its a matter of how big that gov. cut of 19% is. History shows lower taxes generate more revenue because that 19% is bigger due to higher economic activity.

spending dude, spending. theres plenty of guilt to go round btw, I am for one am not about to reward their asshattery ala spending with more of my dollars. Let them make the hard decisions for a change.

No history does not show that lower taxes generate more revenue. You are repeating a myth that has been tossed around for ages, and yet,

no one has ever been able to demonstrate that it's other than a myth.

Feel free to try though.

I already did, I posted the charts to said growth in another thread, feel to browse as I don't remember which one right now, the trends in the Clinton years and bush years too are unmistakable.

we are all sorry. But our budget is 40% in the red. we are broke.

In the natural world the weak die and the strong survive. Be glad you are still alive. The alternative is far worse.

You do realize that your response was not germane to my post?

It sure seemed like it to me!
You make my diplomatic skills look good and even my late ASD banking geek mom thought my social skills sucked.

We need to cut bloated government salaries & benefits that are double the private sector so more teachers can be hired. Screw the public sector unions those salaries & benefits must be cut in half A.S.A.P. We need a large training effort to get job skills to match those needed by employers. We must tie unemployment benefits to job training, tech school, college etc.

Why is it that the right wing always point their finger at working class Americans who are doing Ok? I'll give you government workers can have things a bit too nice, but why not everyone? Consider manufacturing has left for cheaper shores, outsourcing exists in all large companies and is growing, and Americans don't support American products - they cost too much - and that leaves us doing what exactly? I noticed more massage parlors have opened in recent years, seems we all need to find a job corporate America can't outsource for more bucks. Buy American, support Americans, and say so to the powers that be, then maybe you whiners will be quiet for a bit.

MadeInUSA - Home- Recycling American Dollars Through Patriotic Spending
American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers
Made in USA, Made in America, US, American-Made
http://www.uaw.org/uawmade/index.cfm
Union Label
UNION BUILT PC - servers, desktops, training, software and web development
https://unionbuiltpc.com/netbook_ubu100.php

You do realize that your response was not germane to my post?

You make my diplomatic skills look good and even my late ASD banking geek mom thought my social skills sucked.

I was aware of that as I posted it.

We have an entitlement issue that we have to deal with.

The government does not owe you a job. Or the income you need to replace a paycheck. It sucks that people are unemployed. But the world may not provide you an easy solution like another job or a pension.

Why would it? Why would we expect it. In the natural world excess eaters are supposed to die. It happens every day in the wild, I see it in my own yard.

What is the goal of society? To keep everybody alive and well regardless of disability and no matter how fast they reproduce? Or something else?

Unchecked population growth is at odds with reality. The compromise between species reduction and a full on nanny state is a lot of poverty.

Which is still better than being dead.

While globalization exports wealth and industry over seas it imports poverty into the USA. Some of those 2 billion folks who live on $2/day will soon be Americans.

The government does not owe you a job. Or the income you need to replace a paycheck. It sucks that people are unemployed. But the world may not provide you an easy solution like another job or a pension.

Why would it? Why would we expect it. In the natural world excess eaters are supposed to die. It happens every day in the wild, I see it in my own yard.

What is the goal of society? To keep everybody alive and well regardless of disability and no matter how fast they reproduce? Or something else?

Unchecked population growth is at odds with reality. The compromise between species reduction and a full on nanny state is a lot of poverty.

While globalization exports wealth and industry over seas it imports poverty into the USA. Some of those 2 billion folks who live on $2/day will soon be Americans.
I agree totally but Annie was venting not proposing policy changes. It has taken 33 years of marriage but I now spot really blatant venting that post was an example.

I agree totally but Annie was venting not proposing policy changes. It has taken 33 years of marriage but I now spot really blatant venting that post was an example.

I am really a jerk that way. I don't mean anything personal with it. But it seems like we have irrational entitlement issues.

As hard as things may get it is still a blessing to be here, alive.

It's cool by me but I would get some nomex on before trying to mend fences with Annie if I were you.

We need to cut bloated government salaries & benefits that are double the private sector so more teachers can be hired. Screw the public sector unions those salaries & benefits must be cut in half A.S.A.P. We need a large training effort to get job skills to match those needed by employers. We must tie unemployment benefits to job training, tech school, college etc.

Why is it that the right wing always point their finger at working class Americans who are doing Ok? I'll give you government workers can have things a bit too nice, but why not everyone? Consider manufacturing has left for cheaper shores, outsourcing exists in all large companies and is growing, and Americans don't support American products - they cost too much - and that leaves us doing what exactly? I noticed more massage parlors have opened in recent years, seems we all need to find a job corporate America can't outsource for more bucks. Buy American, support Americans, and say so to the powers that be, then maybe you whiners will be quiet for a bit.

For one thing government is not working class Americans. It is the ruling class. The left has a difficult time understanding this concept. The government has done an excellent job of disguising their theft from the average citizen by kicking the can down the road by raiding federal, state & local pension funds & leveraging the Social Security trust fund ponzi scheme. They are just about out of road & that can is going to be flying off a cliff. Then fools like you will feel the impact of your stupidity.

Forum List

Back