The debates

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Surprising that this major conflict in the world has so few debates. There are some short one on ones in news shows where there is only time to throw around the standard talking points. Here is one that is more comprehensive with 4 Jews and 2 Palestinians. Hopefully there will be more.

What we talk about when we talk about Israel/Palestine

Surprising that this major conflict in the world has so few debates.

Only it isn't a major conflict.

There's currently more than thirty armed conflicts in world today and the I/P Conflict rated consistently among the lowest in terms of both ongoing casualties and property loss.

However, it rates highest in terms of discussion and debate, as the content of this board attests. There are an order of magnitude more comments on this conflict compared to any other current armed conflict.

Given both those facts, one has to seriously consider the motivations or someone who is neither Israeli or Palestinian but is nonetheless obsessed with the conflict.

I seriously doubt those motivations are in the interest of a peaceful resolution to the conflict.

There's currently more than thirty armed conflicts in world today and the I/P Conflict rated consistently among the lowest in terms of both ongoing casualties and property loss.

However, it rates highest in terms of discussion and debate, as the content of this board attests. There are an order of magnitude more comments on this conflict compared to any other current armed conflict.

Given both those facts, one has to seriously consider the motivations or someone who is neither Israeli or Palestinian but is nonetheless obsessed with the conflict.

I seriously doubt those motivations are in the interest of a peaceful resolution to the conflict.
What other conflict is a hundred years old and there is no real interest in solving it?

Richard Goldstone and Dore Gold discuss the U.N. Gaza Report at Brandeis

What other conflict is a hundred years old and there is no real interest in solving it?

Too bad they weren't concerned about the " 67 Borders" before the 67 War. Those Borders are DOA

Too bad they weren't concerned about the " 67 Borders" before the 67 War. Those Borders are DOA
They were specifically not to be political or territorial boundaries. They merely divided Palestine into three areas of occupation. The UN had no authority to create borders.

They were specifically not to be political or territorial boundaries. They merely divided Palestine into three areas of occupation. The UN had no authority to create borders.

Not talking about the UN. I was referring to the Arab World for NOT recognizing those borders and respecting " International Law"

Not talking about the UN. I was referring to the Arab World for NOT recognizing those borders and respecting " International Law"
They never were borders.

What law are you talking about?

Forum List

Back