The debate winner isssss........

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Romney and Obama both did pretty well. I do however give Romney a slight edge because he was able to get under Obama's skin a few times and Obama's facial expressions clearly showed it.

Thing is my mind on who to vote for in November was already made up so my opinion really doesn't matter with regard to the outcome of this debate.

I think Romney proved to be presidential and that's what he needed to show.

The moderator was the big loser imo.

Romney was loose. He was energetic. on the attack.

Disappointed with the lack of conservative principles.

Obama was stiff. He held his own sometimes. He wasnt as arrogant as I expected. But he wasnt energetic. Romney interupted, and he didnt even fight it. Basically he gave control over the debate to Romney.

Romney looked more Presidential. I dont know if its a knock out. But I think Romney won.

Just need to energize the base more.

• Banned

Obama was stiff. He held his own sometimes. He wasnt as arrogant as I expected. But he wasnt energetic. Romney interupted, and he didnt even fight it. Basically he gave control over the debate to Romney.

Romney looked more Presidential. I dont know if its a knock out. But I think Romney won.

The base is with him. He needs the middle. Can't win the middle with hard right message

The base is with him. He needs the middle. Can't win the middle with hard right message

He needs the based energized. If the base gets depressed by his messages in the debate, he will not win.

He can expand the base.

I thought Romney did a good job and was more confident up there. Obama was too passive. Romney did a good job. I do wish they asked each others for more specific details of their plans.

overall, I'd give a victory to Romney... it wasn't a knock out, but a split decision on points. Will it be enough to sway the electorate? Je ne sais pas.

Obama had class, and didn't treat this like an elementary school shit-flinging contest, but with the respect it deserved. Romney was playing the same old transparent games of trying to step all over Obama and get those "gotcha" moments so reminiscent of presidential debates past. Obama obviously didn't care for the petty, and was more interested in trying to make cogent points that actually had substance and meaning for the questions at hand. In other words, Obama is a man, and Romney has some growing up to do.

Obama had class, and didn't treat this like an elementary school shit-flinging contest, but with the respect it deserved. Romney was playing the same old transparent games of trying to step all over Obama and get those "gotcha" moments so reminiscent of presidential debates past. Obama obviously didn't care for the petty, and was more interested in trying to make cogent points that actually had substance and meaning for the questions at hand. In other words, Obama is a man, and Romney has some growing up to do.

You should be worried about your foodstamps.

If Romney won it was only by throwing the teabaggers under the bus. He was so moderate it was astounding and now the question is: Does anyone believe for a second that the rest of the republicans share his stated policies of this PM? Comparing his statements tonight to the more conservative elements of the republican party a stark contrast is revealed, it seems he is much closer to Obama than even the most moderate republican in congress.

Forum List

Back